link12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to know what class you like to play as in RPGs so it can help me decide which classes I should add to my game.

Kjmmmhg55

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the classes of fighters better. :hhappy:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first pick is usually mage, but paladins are a close second, and it'll depend on the character designs and the kinds of magic and weapons that are in the game. In games with action combat, I like assassins too if they have stuff like dashes and teleports.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
lately I've gone back to Diablo 2, and I'm playing a Barbarian.
turned out to be more technical than I expected: coming from a Paladin run where I could easily arrange his auras into a rated scale, the Barbarian only really relies on 2 or 3 skills (*active* skills, that must be used), so I'm shuffling the controls all over the place trying to find the best distribution.
it's like going from automatic to manual drive, you have to mind the gear you're at.

I usually like characters with some special synergy, that can pull off unbelievable combos if combined with other characters.
give me a Monk or a Shaman over a straight Healer any day.
nothing says "insane levels of swag" like a skinny dark elf witch in light armor going shoulder to shoulder with their melee companions, slashing enemies with dual swords.
where dedicated healers would use robes and stay away from the fight, I was right there in the thick of it, shaman style.
that play style carried over to an actual shaman I played afterwards, and *her* skills ended up working perfectly with that style, even though they weren't designed for that.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me, it's always gotta be a Spellsword or ATK/MAT hybrid of some kind. Speaking of Shamans, that was my 1st and favorite class when I played WoW. I even went as far as going tri-spec, which like nobody did lol...cuz hybrid ftw.

Shikamon

The Dragonslayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I prefer jack of all trades class like bard. good at fencing, can use magic and quite stealthy. they not only good at music instrument tho.

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@link12 I like muscle wizards like Spellblades and Monks that can use magic to buff their martial arts. This muscle wizard philosophy also applies to Clerics too, because I greatly appreciate healers that can do more than just heal.

I also like Thieves/Rogues, provided they have more up their sleeve than just "steal" or weak physical attacks. Like poison or defense-ignoring attacks. :kaohi:

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to like classes that focus entirely on magic, like mages and summoners, and sometimes clerics and healers if they are capable of decent magical damage.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For turn-based games or tactics, I don't have favorites. It just glorified puzzle battle, so whatever suits best with the current situation, I pick it.

For action/real-time games though (can be action RPG or just action), I prefer agility-based classes. In your list, it would be archer. But it can be anything. It can have or don't have magic power as long as it is agile enough.

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like Hybrid classes that are versed in both close AND ranged/magic combative abilities. The durability of the former and the firepower of the latter? How could I say no?!
That way you have the ability to switch around your strategy to fit your situation. Being able to do such is something I like to consider every time.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweetie, you got both "Warrior" and "Fighter" in yo poll, what's the deal with that? I guess either one's gonna be my pick, 'coz BIIIIG LOVE FOR KNIGHTS! :kaoluv:

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Salve-Maker in Bravely Default (3DS). It is basically an alchemist who can mix and match two or more items together for a variety of effects. So fun.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilica0506