ts50

Romantic Rationalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I played ES4 Oblivion one class was a "nightblade". That was a rogue + mage, with a specific emphasis on fire magic. That's mostly my favorite playstyle. I've tried both pure mages and pure rogues but each time missed the other aspect, so I like them combined.

I also enjoy summoning - in Skyrim I play a summoner and it's a lot of fun to have my minions do most of the work for me as I chip in from behind.

RivalRamen_Games

Dimensional Drifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the versatility you can have with mages, like "PEW PEW! IMMA SHOOT YOU WITH FIRE! Oh, you're immune? THEN EAT ICE!" They can deal all sorts of elemental damage, plus, who DOESN'T find blowing everything up with magic satisfying? You can even arson the Dark Lord's castle once you're done with him and he is safely away in some inter-dimensional prison!
In DnD, there are schools of magic, too! Lemme explain them!
Abjuration is the protection spells that create sort of magical alarms or mind shields.
Conjuration is summoning random crap that isn't pure energy, like demons, infinite boxes, or a 75-foot-tall goat (Don't ask.). Think summoner!
Divination is seeing into the future, like Garnet from Steven Universe's future-vision thingy! You can also peep at what neighbor Bob is doing in his free time in the basement.
Enchantment is enchanting whoever the heck you want to do whatever the heck you want! This can also make people give off good or bad jujubes.
Evocation... Oh boy where do I begin? Fireballs, ice rays, acid blasts, lightning strikes... Anything energy-related attacks are, it would be Evocation. You can even heal people with positive energy! This is what you mostly see in JRPG's when you think "Mage."
Illusion is making spooky illusions to trick people. Is that box real? Is that terrain real? Are those bird screeches real? With illusion, who knows! Am I real? Ummm... now I DON'T KNOW AAA-
Necromancy... a very evil term indeed... Raising the dead as zombies is a bad thing, as are spells that leech others' life force. But Resurrection spells are necromancy, too. And that's a good thing! Might have redeemed yourself, necromancy.
Finally, Transmutation. This can transform people and objects in many ways. Want a full beard, but you're chronically bald? BOOM! Donezo! Want long legs but are chronically short? Boom! Strut those new legs! Wanna look older but you have chronic baby face?? Zap! You're... oh. *Looks at pile of fine, aged dust* I WAS NEVER HERE!!! *Jumps out window*
Magic is interesting, and can be used in so many ways! What's in your magic wand?

Nawer_Rapter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been always really fond of changelings, puppeteers and any kind of character that makes an interesting use of physical items such as alchemists.

As you may see 2 out of 3 are about using, mimic or control the enemy in quite a literal way, that's probably a pokemon-born taste.

The item one is quite hard as items usually carry a lot of value for a lot of people, but if you manage to make a cool crafting system with it, that's a wonderful source-based class to have.
At a lack of those I like summoners who summon actual companions, not like the final fantasy "is just a spell" thing.

Hadria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I've always loved minion summoning kind of characters, specially necromancers. Religious taboos aside it seems the most useful kind of magic school by a long shoot. Undead minions that can perform menial labor, fight or spellcasting, one could even assume that depending on the setting if a raised undead can learn to cast magic they would be able too to learn to craft items, the possibilities are limitless.

It's so sad that there are so few games that introduce proper necromancy mechanics. :kaodes:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif
Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiceKun