bkavoo

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
RESIDENT EVIL 4! I was about to defeat the last boss, then CD broke. ps2 Problem back in the days. It was really entertaining though. really good game!

roiaa

Freelance artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Resident evil especially the one in ps1

Vassago

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Silent Hill in the old days, then there's the Outlast series

kalilachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't usually like horror anything... Where ever its movies, games etc. But I absolutely love the Danganronpa series. But thats really a vn (apart from UDG, which I have not played yet). A friend said I maybe like horrors but not really with realistic gore. E.g with hack and slash movies.

Last edited:

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Silent Hill 2. Not sure how it stands the test of time (ie is it still scary to modern gamers that are more used to those Mechanics), but that game scared the snot out of me.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I second clock tower especialy CT3

I also say the shin megami tensei series as the endings can be creepy
and not forgetting koudelka and shadow hearts series.
Shin megami tensei and Shadow hearts are RPG's, not horror games XD.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About horror games, not really my favorite genre, but i have played some horror games.
Outlast was tense at times that you had to run or move an object while chased.
I found Resident Evil Revelations 2 pretty creepy at times, as that game was inspired by saw (it felt like saw).
Other modern Resident Evil games (i have not played 7) feels less than horror games (4-5-6).
Old resident evil games, especially the first one feels like horror, BUT if you completed the game, and you know what to do then the game is a joke in terms of length
Resident Evil Revelations 1 was also pretty creepy (abandoned ship setting).
Deadly Premonition felt not really as an horror game but its weird.

The game that scared me the most was the one @PixelGeek93 named: "Eternal Darkness", all by all not specifically an creepy game, but those "Sanity" effects are very effective, i was playing and suddenly "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" back then i thought my Gamecube crashed, i started to panic, then suddenly it goes back to the game, it was that the sanity meter was low, that was honestly the most terrifying part.

Other sanity effects are that suddenly you see a cutscene of Metal Gear Solid 1 with Psycho Mantis, and he's telling you to close the console or he deletes your save files (and naming games like Super Mario Sunshine).
Or when you entered a room and you shrink in size, or the enemy shrink in size.
What also freaked me out is after i entered a room, i fought a hard enemy, i walked further and suddenly my arms fell off, my head fell off, my torso fell off, and i was just a pair of legs walking. Eternal Darkness is a 1 of a kind game.

Then there are cheap / free indie horror games like:
Slender, Vanish, Fnaf etc.
They're good for cheap thrills, thats it, you know there is an enemy, and when you encounter them you get a loud jumpscare.

yopeople

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Does it count if i picked my own game? lol The beast named eliza

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Re2 for certain. Re1 had to many cheesy one liners. Re3 was pretty scary too but just looked like a full game mod of 2. Code Veronica is my #2 silent hill 1 #3

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I liked Resident Evil 3 for the PS. That was the first RE game I tried and I really liked the whole story and characters. I played RE4 where Leon is the main guy, and though it is a good game, RE3 felt back then as a good horror/survival game; all because of Nemesis.

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first Silent Hill's graphics haven't aged well at all, but when I was first playing it I was deeply into it. It sounds silly, but the scariest moment of that entire game for me was when I was exploring a classroom full of empty desks, waiting for whatever was going to come out and try to eat me. The scariest moment of the entire game was simply a ringing phone in the classroom. The developers of that game definitely knew how to build an eerie atmosphere.

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Clock Tower 3 and Haunting Ground for PS2.

MushReen

Gacha Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ID, US
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nacrosis and Outlast.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Resident Evil Outbreak and Obscure.

Johnny_Retro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resident Evil 1-3 and Silent Hill 1-4
are some oft my favourite horror games of all time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou