- Sep 9, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Last Updated (12/01/2018)
- Faye: Eternal Dream tells the story of a young woman named Amaya. The basic concept of the game is to make your way through the world which is made up of seven trials and unlock all of your chakras. You will unlock one of seven chakras for each trial you face.
- The game also includes a difficulty feature which consists of Easy, Normal, Difficult, and Infuriating. This will adapt the level of challenge experienced by the player. For Example, on the Easy/Normal Settings there are no automatic Game Over screens and save points heal the player. On the Difficult setting however save points do not recover the player. Furthermore, on the Infuriating setting the player will not be able to save at all, and both Difficult and Infuriating include instant Game Over screens.
- For each trial you pass and chakra you unlock you will gain new abilities that will help you on your journey. Each chakra correlates to a magical element. The chakra system is a circular system where each element beats the next and so on until arriving back at the beginning of the circle. The seven chakras include; Root: Earth, Sacral: Lightning, Solar Plexus: Water, Heart: Fire, Throat: Air, Third Eye: Light, and The Crown: Darkness. Hence, Earth > Lightning > Water > Fire > Air > Light > Darkness > Earth. Thus, completing the cycle.
- The Next major element of the game includes the trials and puzzles the player will encounter along the way. Although Faye includes a somewhat linear story line it is far from a move from point a to point b type of game play. The puzzles and trials are fun, engaging, and challenging in a way that will truly make the player think about how to progress from stage to stage.
- Faye: Eternal Dream is very heavily story driven although a battle system is incorporated. The battle system correlates to the story and is therefore tied into it, but it is not the major driving force behind the concept of the game. The core feature of Faye is the story it tells. The aim of this game is to envelope the player with an overwhelmingly compelling plot that is engaging from the beginning to very end.
Profile: A normal young woman, or so she thinks. The protagonist of the story and possibly more significant to the world than she herself even knows.
Profile: The first guide along Amaya's journey. She embodies the power of Gaia.
Profile: The second guide on Amaya's journey. She embodies the power of lightning.
Profile: Amaya's third guide. She encompasses the power of water and ice.
Profile: A literal demon whose only goal is to stop Amaya from achieving her objectives.
Profile: The second highest tier villain in the conquest against stopping Amaya from becoming whole once again.
Profile: Icabod's right hand servant. Her motives are less oriented around Amaya and more so in pleasing her master.
Profile: The primary antagonist, the big bad, and Amaya's greatest threat.
- Our story begins with a young wanderer named Amaya. She has settled down in Faye Forest and has found comfort for the first time in quite a while. This is the first bit of coziness she has known in as long as she can remember. Just as she gets used to the way things have become everything is about to change.
- One morning after falling asleep in a field of flowers Amaya awakes to a small fairy hovering just over head. The little fairy's name is Genni and she is Amaya's first of seven guides. After a short dialogue Genni runs off deeper into the forest. Amaya pursues her, and thus the story has begun.
- After catching up with Genni Amaya finds an old, stone tablet in Faye Forest and reads it for the first time. Upon a second investigation of the tablet she notices the word 'Gaia' inscribed at the very bottom almost illegibly. After reading the word aloud an entrance is revealed to a hidden cave.
- Amaya steps into the cave to investigate only to have the entrance immediately close behind her. Alone and somewhat frightened, she must now progress forward through the unknown cave of trials and enemies. She does so only to discover a large Int guards the exit to the cave, and the only way out is to defeat him in battle.
- The exit leads her to Ganna Desert. There she is confronted by the loss of her mother. An event that happened in the past, but she still has yet to deal with. After exploring the large desert area Amaya finds a small boat alongside the shore. She then takes that boat out onto the ocean right as a storm hits.
- After quite some time sailing Amaya reaches an island. The only inhabitant is an elderly lady that seems to remind Amaya of her own mother. The encounter is short lived however when the demon Avalon catches up to the protagonist. Avalon had been in pursuit of Amaya all along unbeknownst to our protagonist. The conflict results in a short altercation in which Avalon is positive she has left Amaya for dead, but destiny has other plans.
The story takes place in a world of fantasy. An alternate reality with no name which ranges from forest, desert, ice, and even a volcano. Exciting adventures await the protagonist here. Perhaps, this world is more than what it seems.