RMMV Fear & Hunger: Termina (WARNING: DISTURBING MATERIAL) [SURVIVAL HORROR][jRPG][BATTLE ROYALE]

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses

Hi everyone!
Fear & Hunger: Termina is the sequel to the horror j-RPG Fear & Hunger. The game takes place in the same universe, but it is a stand-alone story and no prior knowledge of the series is required.

I'll put the disclaimer here first, although the game does not go to similar extreme lengths as the first game.
CAUTION! The game has content that is ADULTS ONLY! This includes gore, drugs and violence. There is mild nudity in the demo too. Though there might be more explicit scenes coming later on! Many of the themes in the game can be found offensive. Anyone proceeding with the game should be aware of this and if you are sensitive to such subjects, it might be better to look elsewhere.

STORY

The game takes place in an alternative take on the real world, where religions and occult are a lot more prevalent and where ancient deities are still worshipped in everyday life. It's the 1940's and the world has just gone through decades of turmoil with two great wars behind and no end in sight for the despair.

While travelling on a train to your home, you fall asleep and go through a mysterious and ominous nightmare that seems almost too real to pass off as just a dream. After a sudden wake up, you learn that the train has stopped without a reason in the middle of a misty forest. You soon discover more train passengers, just as puzzled by the situation as you are. It is up to you to decide where to go from there. Something just doesn't feel right......

CHARACTERS

Actor1_1.pngActor1_3.pngActor1_5.pngActor1_6.pngActor1_4.png

FEATURES

• Slow burn horror atmosphere
  • Gameplay mixing turn-based battles and real-time combat on the field
  • Strategic dismember combat system
  • Unique occult system
  • 3 day cycle
  • Freedom to explore the area without set path
  • Punishing gameplay that demands you to come up with strategies of your own
  • Custom art with an original style blending together pixel art and digital painting
  • Original atmospheric music
  • Many different playable characters/classes (the latest demo has 4 characters)

DOWNLOAD

The teaser demo can be downloaded from itchio:
https://mirohaver.itch.io/fear-hunger-termina

SCREENSHOTS

The game is made by me entirely, but many plugins were used in the development obviously. The full credits are included in the demo.

The full game will most likely go commercial, but it's a long way until that and I plan to release multiple demos as more progress gets made. Hope you guys like the game!

Last edited:

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whoa, this game looks gorgeous. Did you draw the art for this? (This grim atmosphere honestly reminds me of Blasphemous a bit... Wait, Termina? Big scary effed up moon? I see what you did there.)

I am fascinated as to how this will turn out.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Yeah all the art and the soundtrack is made by me. I have yet to play Blasphemous, but I'm sure there are some similarities there.

Termina, big scary moon ? I don't know what you're talking about ;D

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
A progress update!
I got some nice feedback from the first demo and changes are made accordingly. You can expect the second demo to drop (hopefully) in Q1 of this year.
Here are few screenshots on what to expect:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ima going to try it, the art is amazing, I cant draw like this, but I can way worse :p
good job so far, see if I like the demo.

EDIT:
@orange~ I played the demo a bit (couldn't save yet) but I found 1 tiny mistake on the way.
(see spoiler)
house mistake.png

But the game further is nicely done, and very creepy. But when I got some more time,
I hope to see where to save, probably you need to eat, as wel, graphic of game play is outstanding,
while the sound I have no clue (play without sound at this point)

But keep it up :)

Last edited:

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@ShadowDragon Sorry I didn't see your post before! Thanks for the feedback and bug report too! I'm glad you liked what you saw. You can actually save in the game. There's a rare item that lets you save and you can also sleep in beds to save (although if you haven't cleared up the surrounding area, you'll get attacked instead)

There's a new hefty demo coming soon too! Hopefully later this month.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes I dont see the replies either, but didn't try the demo, while I did sleep,
but nothing happen. I replay later, to busy atm, I need to explore teh area where teh train stops,
but I have no clue how far you can play in this demo, but I play longer in the new demo
when its out and give feed back on that part where able :)/

Have a wonderfull day.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The art is incredible! Definitely makes me want to play.

ozubon

surströmming?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OH I LOVE THIS!!!
Evidently made with tons of care. Everything in the demo is super nicely pased and you really know how to introduce and build a story. The atmosphere and artwork is just wow are you serious. The sound design too, the ambience and sound effects are incredible. I ardor that I can attack genetalia and the Frank West easter egg was a hilarious inclusion.

You absolutely have a donation coming your way in the end of this month. I love this!

I really vibe with the occult theming, this is excellent horror that I relate so much to wanting to do. I don't have anything to show for myself yet, although I am constantly working on a long passion project with similar occult and disturbing themes, and holding off before I reveal it. My skills lie in maths and coding, and perhaps design and aesthetic cohesion. I'd saw off both my legs to get next level art skills like you. I can imagine you get a lot of requests for collaborations, but I still of course want to say I hope we one day could do something together. I'll let you know when I reveal some teasers if you want?

I didn't know about Fear & Hunger previously but upon playing this I am suddenly a big fan of your work.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@ozubon hey I'm really glad you found so much to like! Yeah, I've seen tons of effort in creating this and the previous game (probably more than for anything else in my life) so I'm glad the effort shows.

I recommend checking out the first game too. At least the demo to see if it's your cup of tea as well. Although its feel is a bit different. It's more grim dark fantasy than straight on occult.

My skills are pretty much the opposite to that of yours. I feel art is my clear strong suit, while maths and coding are very so-so. I just barely get by with what RPG Maker has to offer :D

I don't get all that many collaboration requests actually. I probably spend too much time only on the F&H discord server. I'm trying to get more active in other communities too though. Collaboration is something I could be down for. I've been thinking about taking a smaller position later on in some game project. Making everything by myself is just so time consuming.

Definitely let me know whenever you reveal something. Occult and disturbing themes sound good.

TheSlyder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought F&H a few months ago and went down that rabbit hole, I was surprised to see an RPG Maker game that not only created an itch for me to keep playing but actively invigorated my creativity. I've been trying to get acquainted with MV since then with the intention on making a game. I just can't decide which concept to stick with, and how to work within my limitations. Art is my strength and I don't know any coding, so I'm going in blind.

Anyway, thanks for the rich experience from the first one, I'm looking forward to playing this one too!

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
The latest demo version is out! Apart from minor fixes and tweaks, I'd like to think that this will be the last demo. The next step is the full version. I'm aiming for the end of the year 2020. But let's see just how it goes... I'm not good with these dates and deadlines.

I'd estimate that the new demo is about double the size of the last one with 2 new playable characters/classes: The doctor and The mechanic/engineer.

Let me know what you think of the game!

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@Indinera Thanks! Graphics seem to be liked which is always great. I consider myself a graphics artist first and foremost, so I'm glad it's the part people gravitate towards.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I haven't done process videos like these before, so that's why I'm sharing this here too.

Mr.Chris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks amazing. Maybe we can collab

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Love the art. Looks awesome!
Keep it up! :D
Just a little thing: I'd do something about the font in the menu, things like "Body", "Mind" or "Hunger" look a little squashed.
I'll try the demo as soon as I get some time. :)

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Looks amazing. Maybe we can collab
Sure I'm open to collabs depending on the project! I don't have much spare time these days though, so I can't promise anything D:

Love the art. Looks awesome!
Keep it up! :D
Just a little thing: I'd do something about the font in the menu, things like "Body", "Mind" or "Hunger" look a little squashed.
I'll try the demo as soon as I get some time. :)
Thanks for the nice words! I know the text is squashed :p My typography teacher would kill me for that if he knew. It's one of the bigger graphic design sins for sure. I have a bad habit of doing that, so let's see if do something about it.. If you test it out, let me know what you think! I'd be interested in hearing how some new people feel about the overall difficulty and all that. Most of the feedback I've gotten has been from people who are already familiar with the material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.
Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirty_score