Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FK7cIXS.png

Hey guys! The new forums caught me just as I was heading off to bed. I'm going to post this quickly and fix it up a bit tomorrow. Feel free to post away though!

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So let me be first, cause January was a failed goals moth for me.
February goal:
  1. Finish what left unfinished on January, on my secret project.
  2. Personal life: finish the old backup cleanup.
If I will succeed earlier than the end of the month I might add some mini goals extra.

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm I think for February.. I want to work on writing the plot and worldbuilding of my game and novella(which takes place in the universe of my game). While oso do some tiles concept art of the said game, trying to find art direction of the setting of a few locations of said game. I prolly oso may go to cybercafe to mess with Ace, or even MV, cus my machine isn't that capable to use the software. Except maybe for Ace.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
February Goals:
-Polish Immortal Sins for release.
-Release the first part.

Progress Report #1
Immortal Sins:
Made a transition for the ship:

Misc:
Finished developing the port for my HP Color Controller script for MV.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goals for February have to account for a heavy RL work load, so staying modest in my aims:
  • Map and populate a whole town, including interiors (NPC dialogues already worked out, as there are lots of conditionals)
  • Map an optional dungeon in such a way as to make it feel a really weird place.
  • Create enemies for it.
  • Implement a couple of mechanics there e.g. obstacles and chests only become visible (gradually) as you move closer to them. Proximity scripts won't do exactly what I want as they do not allow for gradual effects - at least, the ones I've seen don't.
Actually, that list doesn't look as modest as I thought it would. Oh well, here's hoping.

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Our team goals for February are:
- Complete the trailer of our game and share it with the community;
- Share new plugins we are working on;
- Continue the development of our game.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • Throw a little polish on my Cartograph pack and just release it 'cause I hate working on it and it'll never actually be done.
  • Go back to my very first goal for Tiny World, making equivalent tiles for the stuff in the old engines, focusing on the B-E tiles.
  • If there's time do the event animations too.
So far I made a ground tile that worked better with the icy walls I'd made at the end of last month. There isn't an equivalent tile in the older sets and it really should have been an autotile and I don't have room to make another, but other than that, progress!

@Gamefall Team That seems a little unspecific. I hope they're more specific for your team, otherwise you may be in trouble.

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My goals for February are a little modest too. Been pretty sick again so I'm trying to take things easy and rest up but if I'm not being creative, I'll go insane~ So here goes.
  • Finish the sprites/objects for the Slasher Forest pack. This pack has been the bane of my existence. Never again. You hear that nature tiles? NEVER. AGAIN.
  • Finish mapping the 'Library Chapter' for a little reboot attempt of mine. Sounds easy but I'm making bespoke parallax maps for each room, so they take a little while. Every room features at least one element that's specific only to that room so I'm pixelling as I go based on design sketches.
  • Make a start on puzzle eventing for said 'Library Chapter'.
  • Start on the cover-art for the Slasher Forest pack - at the very least I'd like a semi-decent sketch done.
  • Learn how to use Social Media for something other than looking at cute dog pics and Brady Bunch memes~

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, don't worry, I was unspecific, because We're planning to do different improvements this month. The story needs only some adjustments, and we are working both on graphics and some game's mechanics. A good part of the team members are music players, so the game soundtrack is under constant development, too. February is a good month for us, because we're almost free from our studies. We hope to show something to the community as soon as possible without spoil anything :hwink:.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Goals for February? None :D

@Kes You cannot help yourself, just try to prioritize and get done what you can.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Probably won't get much done this month because of tests/exams.
Anyway, I am gonna focus on 2 points:
- Add more custom skills to the new battle system. (Meaning skills that aren't just dmg,heal,status change)
- Start working on the new warfare system. (Formerly known as conquest sys., the old one has been converted to a card/board game)

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I have had my demo tested by several people, the first goal of this month is obviously to fix all the bugs which had slipped under my radar and to do all the other changes which might be necessary based on the feedback I've received. After that, I probably ought to focus on replacing placeholder assets with self-made/custom ones: character sprites might be the best place to start as their style dictates the map style as well, at least somewhat.

On the other hand, I've been slacking with some other projects which are not related to RPG Maker, so I will try to make those a priority even if it means that my progress will be (even) slower than usual.

@AceOfAces_Mod: I like how you've done the ship transition. I can see a faint brick-like pattern on the sea tiles, however, which is slightly confusing. I wonder if it's just my monitor or something you intended?

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Punamaagi , Oh. That's from the tileset. During the switch, the tile used for the sea was the shallow one for fountains and such. Fixed that thing.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
original.jpg

Well...
I've been slacking

But I really want to get to work.
Looking back, as the demo suggests: my engine is ready and I can start the main project.
So, my goal is start working on it.

Problem is I still have too much to do on FF XV, AND... been listening to some podcasts about Donkey Kong... dang I need to play those again.

Cross your fingers for me, would ya?

watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I totally overestimated what I could do in January. I did manage to finish the Heartache RM fanfic, 1st draft anyway, but that left no time for the horror game or 99. It's ok cause I'm writer blocked on those projects anyway.

So February? Well, it'll probably go like this:

1. Clean up and edit the Heartache 101 RPG Maker Fanfic manuscript (currently 20,000 words) and publish it on Valentine's Day! Yay! Finished! Done! Still gotta figure out how I'm gonna post it on RMN. I'm not sure that site can handle an article with that many words. May have to host it elsewhere...
2. Do something with the Horror Game, if I can figure out what.
3. Do something with 99, probably.

I am in one of those "Do a Final Fantasy game." moods again. Although I know with absolute certainty this is a project way beyond my time limits currently, so off to the side for now. Must ignore the temptation... Oh, and our Valkyrie game...all that awesome art by Linhtendo and hiddenone! Still unused! Why can't MV be more memory efficient! Oh well, another back burner project.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well then my goals for the month ? Resting a bit for now (around one week - post-surgery) and work on mission XXI of course :D

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Going to put a few different goals for february:
- Make that trailer that I wanted to do in january.
- Make the fishing system.
- Add the missing tools ( clippers and bell )
- Add dogs.
- Add a festival.
- Have a basic schedule for every villager in Orange Town.

The last one is the hardest because it's a very boring work, equivalent to filling a database. Except it takes me about 4~5 hours to write the schedule for one character.

Arithmetician

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While the forums were down during the update, I implemented the stat curves for all jobs, completing one of the goals that I failed to meet in January. I also gave each character their own set of base stat modifiers: one stat at +10% compared to the others, another stat at +5%, and two stats at -5%. This slightly differentiates them, and biases them to perform better in certain jobs than others.

Now, February goals:

- Actually finish the World Map this time
- Implement Personal Skills to further make each character unique
- Design the enemies for the first world map and/or dungeon area
- Modify/rebalance class skills in light of the damage formula we have chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv
Idk if this is my ADHD or if it's a common problem. But I cant stay motivated for anything. I want to work on so many different things at once. Game dev, skateboarding, ranking up in League, playing OSRS, fitness, nutrition, relationships. It's like, where do I even begin?
Well. Looks like I need to redo the entire battle system in order to have the things I want in it. Also I'd like to say that console.log() is the greatest function in Javascript XD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuansvip