bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all! It's February, which means it is a great month for...

February_Banner.png

Ok, you lovebirds! Back to work. Games need to be made.

Post your February Goals and Progress below.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Need something to sort out irl, so I don't think I will make a significant progress at this month. The reason why I kinda want to rushed a demo few days ago. Good luck to everyone in feb

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goal: To work more on my game! Oh wait, that's kind of generic :p Well, even though making Project Delta is hard for me and I (unfortunately) get writer's block a lot, I am determined to finish it! I hope...

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just reeeeeeeeeeeally wanna show you guys something. Like anything. But I always feel like its so bad or not solid enough so I never share.
Hope to get some alpha looksies in.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just reeeeeeeeeeeally wanna show you guys something. Like anything. But I always feel like its so bad or not solid enough so I never share.
Hope to get some alpha looksies in.
Don't be afraid to show it :D

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Play testing and bug fixing like crazy... That and tailoring in the multiple endings.
Only five more months until release and still so much to do.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My team and I are getting back to work on Second Chance this month (we just had a meeting last night, actually), so I'm hoping to get a lot of spriting done this month. :smile:

For now, I'll be working on this map design and set of scenery:
l6Fq2Or.png

kqqcGLm.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goal is to finish converting the remaining script calls and script-related comments, and to be able to play through my game in MV without it crashing (much). This will require a few more script->plugin conversions.

For now, any kind of add-ons (journal, cooking, achievements) are very rudimentary or nonexistent, and there are no battles unless they're part of the story. Once I have a game I can actually play, then I will start looking at the extras.

With a shorter month, no public holidays or vacation time, and being on-call at work for a week from this Friday, I'll be happy if I can get the above done.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had an extraordinary month in January and got done a lot more than I had anticipated. However, I can't assume the same thing will happen this month, so I hope I'm being realistic with my list.
  • Finish mapping the present dungeon.
  • Sort out the enemies.
  • There are 3 complex cut scenes which will need a lot of eventing and testing, as timings and animations are going to be tricky.
  • They will also need some behaviour sprites, which I shall have to create.
  • The end 'boss' is not a boss in the usual sense, but will still need all the usual amount of work.
  • Decide on tiles for the next dungeon, including what's missing from available resources. Make the extras that I shall need.
If I get that much finished, I'll be on the home run.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
With a mixed January hopefully February goes better. Here are my goals:

-Finish making all cutscenes in the game (besides the endings, see next goal) not static. I have them all mostly done, I just have a couple in Chapter 7, 8 and 9 that I need to fix, and I found a couple in Chapter 1/2 that I missed so I'm going to go back and fix those too.
-Fix up 2 of endings 2 - 5 so they are not static. I have 1 and 6 already done, and 2 - 5 use some of the same maps so hopefully it won't take too long.
-Get Chapter 6 into Beta form.
-Rewrite those two Chapter 7 cutscenes that need to be tweaked to better match the rest of the game.
-Get all the Air Mage Animations done.
-Set up the following areas so they are properly set up for Chapter 9: Icetop Fortress. Gnoa. Darkspyre.
-Map and event 1 of the 3 side areas I still need to map and event. These are optional dungeons for Chapter 9 you can go and search for things (or weapons) to help you with your final confrontation (and yes, the player is highly encouraged to do this before going into the last dungeon, even though it is winnable if you don't, it's just really tough).

Flex Goals:
-Get all the Earth Mage Animations done.
-Get Chapter 7 into Beta Form.
-Set up any of the following areas so they are set up for and respond to events in Chapter 9: Silas Rest. Crossroads. Elmwood. Silverdale. Tir Koraz. The Elementalist Towers.
-Finally fix up and better balance the Battle Arena and the rewards for it.

Obviously I cannot get all the flex goals done, and even the main goals might be ambitious for a 28 day month, but we will see, as I did take a reduced schedule at work for a couple months as well, so I might finally got some decent game making time for a while.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wanna get my demo maps, eventing, and gameplay done so I can then focus on getting my battler sprites.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might sound weird but...

My goal is to start a game!

I've spent a couple months now learning the engine, learning programming, and writing personal plugins, so I'm ready to start my "dream" project (read: not actually a dream project, but significant enough).

So, to be more concrete my goal this month is to complete:
- one cutscene
- one room of a dungeon
- Two main characters / backstories

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My goals:
  1. Complete 2 room packs
  2. Finish my female sprite (walking animations only)
  3. Start my male sprite
  4. Think about working on a game
  5. Be more active around the boards
Can't bring myself to do mock up maps with rtp.... scrapped my big project story, debating about what to do with my smaller project. I was thinking of making it a puzzle adventure game with no combat but then if I was going to put work into making a semi-abs(with destructible/changeable environment events) why not have monsters? I mean, other than all the work I'd have to put into it, but then I can't make myself dream small.

Well at least I've completed one goal, now. I thought about working on a game.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been a while since I've posted in one of these, so here goes.
1. Redo the portraits (again)
2. Do all of the NPC sprites (even though I really don't want to and that's probably going to take this build even longer to finish)
3. Release the next build of the demo.
4. Work on portraits for my mini-project and possibly get it going in the engine at long last.

Puruiro

Artist and wannabe Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just keep getting new ideas for new projects, I cant focus, oh my... Hopefully this month I'm able to focus on two projects/stories at most.

Goals:
  • Finish the spritesets for the main characters
  • Create tilesets and maps (finish at least the main mansion map and an apartment map for both projects)
  • Polishing the story and plot details
  • Sketch some concept art/rough drafts

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This month's goals:
  • Post in here (great progress already)
  • Finish mapping the second major area (and remapping for the areas left in the corrupted version :kaodes:)
  • implement the rest of the beginning story
  • Sprite work
  • Learn more than just basic javascript (this is more of a really long term goal)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This month's goals:
  • Setup most of the base system for my new (well... more like a remake) big game :3
  • Sort out irl stuff in my job and close up other deals which will bring me more peace of mind and time to work on the gamez.
For me this is a big month!

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still quite a ways from being back to where I was before I started my revision. However, I am far more pleased with what I've replaced, than with what I had, so it's proving to be worth the investment of time.

For the month of February I have two small goals & two large goals.

The first small goal is to finish up the last of the work on the skills, by completing all of the notetags that control the skill learning requirements. Everything else is done, save for some custom animations to be built for certain skills, & some enemy only unique skills that will be created, as I work on one of the larger goals.

The second smaller goal, is to rework the character creation suite, now that I've completed the work I intended on the various classes, & class progression tree. & aside, from some fine tuning of the parameters, in the late alpha/beta phase, for balancing, work on them is done. However, I changed the classes & class progression tree so much, that now the Character Creation suite doesn't work at all. Not to mention that since I've rather fundamentally reworked the story, the character that the Character Creation suite is intended to introduce, no longer serves a purpose in the story.

The first larger goal is to rework as many of the enemy & troop files as I can this month. Because I use visual encounters, the addition of the FES resources changed my enemy folders look by quite a bit, either adding new enemy types I didn't have previously (krakens & Sea Serpents), or by greatly increasing the variety of those I already had (human type enemies). Not to mention with all of the changes I've made to the skills over the last two months, what I had previously doesn't work by any means.

So I need to start chipping away at that, so that when I complete the first pass of the field maps, I am ready to populate them with visual encounters, just like I had in my previous version.

The second larger goal is to of course continue working on the field maps, getting as much done as I can this month on various terrain features, & bringing me closer to completion of the first pass, over the sandbox. So that I can begin the second pass of assigning visual encounters, region ids, & transition points, which was what I was working on when I began my revision.

Current Field Map Progress Level.
Clearings: 100% Complete.
Oceans: 75% Complete.
Rivers: 50% Complete.
Depressions: 0% Complete.
Hills: 0% Complete.
Mountains: 0% Complete.
Forests: 0% Complete.
Swamps: 0% Complete.
Roads: 0% Complete.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The visual novel maker part of the forum could use some more activity, so my goal this month is VNM related! I am doing a remake for an old book/performence projects I did ages ago. The good news is that I have the rights to all the artwork, the bad news is that the different art styles will not work as well as they do on page. This project won´t take priority over the rpgmaker game I am working on but it is what I will focus on this month!

The actual goals are:
- Create a prologue that introduces the characters
- Create a party system of four for the player

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
All righty,
This month I will go for;
  • One color Pangofly movement (hope I can do the whole directions)
  • One Voyelship outlines on all angles
  • One sky (and maybe with overlays)
  • protect my kitties (Starts badly; after a fire alarm MrC got away stealing and chewing on my pork roast ropes and I never saw them again tonight and the bit I cut was hard to cut.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corvid