Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

bnTBEm0.png

There, cute graphics done. :p

Hope you guys have a great game dev month this February! And don't forget, it's a leap year

so this February has one extra day for development, woohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's only the first and time got away from you already?! Not the best start! ;)

My plan for February is to kick back, relax, and not do development. I will fail. You can take the person out of the development environment, but you can't take the developer out of the person. Sports fans in my area say "I bleed blue." Well, I bleed code.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goals for this month:

-Finish drawing all cutscenes for my side project

-Add some of the dialogue

-work on the minigame and the most important:

-work on balancing my main game >.<!

Yeah, I hope I'll reach all of these goals ^^°

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've nearly got all of Case 2 written this morning.  Next will come revisions.

I have to redo one of the puzzles to make it less busy, and get myself acquainted with some of the new plug ins to handle the game's dialogue choices.

So far Mundy has started the evidence presentation scene/plug in but nothing is working.  Though he tells me that is normal for coding.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goals this month :

- Finish mission VII.

- Start mission VIII.

That should be enough for now. Maybe I'll do more, maybe not, so let's not be too greedy, especially since I have to write the next parts of the story (I update 4 pages per week on a french forum, and I'm almost out of pages to publish, so I'll have to write one-two hours per week minimum)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
  • Not die
  • Have fun
  • Play games
  • Help people
  • Try to make resources more often (I always forget and end up helping random people with stuff and answering as many questions as possible)
  • Get further in my game development (Mostly balancing)
  • Make a mini-game using eventing
  • And make a "Push stuff" and "Be normal" toggle function (It's complicated to explain) {This was a goal but I finished it today! Yay!}
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY: BE AWESOME

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm going to carry over my goals from last month (they must be done!).

• Finish the SV battlers for the Actor3 men - It's two people, I should be able to do it
  • Keep working on my current game - Now that I've started working on an actual game, it's time to focus and not start a new project
  • Make more resources - Kinda a general goal, but I'd like to keep making new things for people to use

Have resources updates - A sub-goal and not as important, but I'd like to keep my new website up to date and share how resources are progressing

I'm going to have to copy some of Kloe's goals too: not die, have fun, and be awesome!  Good luck to everyone with their goals!  :rwink:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
February's a bad month for me this year (too many other things going on), so I'm going to keep my goal really simple:

Goal for February:

-Map Thundermeadow and the nearby plains.

Stretch Goal:

-Map the final dungeon of Chapter 5. If I can meet this goal all I'll have to do is event things and Chapter 5 will be done.

-Implement the first few levels of the battle arena. I had a rough version running but now I need to go and make the first 1 - 5 ranks final.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kloe not dying sounds like a good plan. o3ob

My goal is to get a test map working this month so I can hack together all the scripts I want to use and get a feel for how much time/effort is needed to configure each map for this game. Thhhhhheeeeeeeeeennnnn I want to hack together the bones of my battle system and figure out exactly which scripts I need to commission...

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
My goals for february ?... difficult to say...

I will then just say my closest goal that I may achieve soon : finishing the database for chapter 1 but I realized that I forgot the dungeon and only made monsters for the exterior.

th_118_.gif

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
- 100% Rise of the Tomb Raider on first try, before finishing the game (i actually restarted the game after the intro level, since i figured i can't go back).

- Expand the particle engine (there are a few features i want to do).

- Write either the movie control or quickselect plugin i've been planning for a long time.

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Last month was a bit crazy, so I didn't get anything done.

This month I have a plan though! It's a solid one at that too!

HOW TO GET ALL THE MONEY: 

Planning - February:

1. I've decided that I will parallax at least one map a day. Maybe I'll split it over two days if it's particularly big though. Not fully evented or anything, this month I'm mainly designing and planning things out. Here's the map for today: 

Untitled_zpsknpivdxa.png

MW 01.02.2016

Yeah, I just noticed that rock on the cliff edge, I don't like it either but it's too late, I'll fix it tomorrow ;)  Also, I forgot to post the one with the tint. Still, I guess it still looks nice enough. It's just a cutscene btw, don't worry about the passability, thats why I went a bit crazy with all the clutter.

2. After countless game ideas I've finally solidified this one. It contains bit and pieces from all my past games that I never realized, so I'm full of ideas. I'll try to write at least a bit every day, just like in the good old times when I was making strange DnD ripoffs all the time and then playing them with my friends. Man, I had a look at these notepads the last time I visited my grandparents, no wonder I grew up into such a nerd. :D  

3. Read, read, read. I've been picking up countless game manuals, browsing powergaming forums and doing some good old theorycrafting - DnD, MMOs, anything that is somehow connected to balancing character classes and how to break them. I'm picking up little snippets as I go and I like to think that thanks to all of that info I'll be able to balance and design my characters a bit better. If anyone's looking for ideas I suggest some of my favorites - SKILLS: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_warrior_skills (Yeah, that's just one class. GW is amazing.) MONSTERS: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/monster-manual (I'm not GMing any games, just playing with friends. Still bought it just for the awesome monsters, at this point I may have a bit too many DnD monster books...) STORY: http://store.steampowered.com/app/304650/ (One of the most well written I played in my life. Replaying it this month just to pick up a couple of tricks. Such awesome locations, characters, everything. I highly recommend it to pretty much anyone, unless you don't like reading.)

I hope I'll get at least something done this month. :)

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Start of the month! And it's going to be a busy one for school so I may not get much done. Between lecture and lab I only have 4 hours at home before sleepy time to do anything I'd like to do, if I push back homework..But anyway.

I'm still trying to power through the database and have a battle system going. My friend is helping me crunch the numbers. Since at the beginning you play a character around level 50 it gives me an idea of the midway point where enemies and party members should be, using our numbers. I'm still working on implementing a materia like system for skills. I'm hesitant to use it since it's not the most original of ideas but the concept is clear to me and I feel like I could work with and edit it. And it fits into the 'lore' well enough. So this is a start. My friend helping is very appreciated. Doing this alone is daunting and makes me a little sad.

By the end of the month I'd like to have the battle system worked out and the database planned out to a point I'm able to pick it up and work through it when I have inspiration.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 1:  Business stuff.  Chose  a service, updated my EULA, began the back end setup of the service.  It's not a whole lot, but I get extra points for doing stuff I hate, I think.

Tomorrow's Goal:  Finish coding the webpage, including integrating the service software into the appropriate pages.

Bonus Goal:  Find my tablet pen so I can actually draw the artwork for the webpage.

Yes, I did say code.  Yes, I'm still claiming that I know nothing about how to program and I'm terrible at coding.  HTML doesn't count.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, I did say code.  Yes, I'm still claiming that I know nothing about how to program and I'm terrible at coding.  HTML doesn't count.

Technically speaking, HTML isn't a programming language, anyway :p It's a markup language.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
One of my goal of this month was to redo the design of the menus in my game (ex : put a prettier background) but I might give up the idea. Because of compatibility issue that pop up everytime I use a new plugin...

189bbdde.gif

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Everyone: Lots of motivation, energy, time* and other things to reach your goals this month!
*not in bottles, sadly

Goals for February:
If all goes well, I'll have to prepare for a move this month so I do have to take that into consideration. Also, until then, there's (what feels like) a forest's worth of paperwork waiting for me. But still:

• reach 100 hours of drawing time for this year (a bit under 29h left 'til then as of this writing; note: I aim for at least 1,000 hours by the end of December)
  • work at least a bit every day on my project
  • subgoal to that: flesh out the characters (a lot) more

Already have accumulated some progress:
Progress, 1st:
Drawing time: 9 minutes

• began writing some backstory. In prose as opposed to notes this time. I keep forgetting that writing prose is one of the fastest/most effective ways (for me) to flesh out characters. Bonus: It's additional English practice (still want to get my English skills to the level of my native language; that kind of carried over from last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv
Idk if this is my ADHD or if it's a common problem. But I cant stay motivated for anything. I want to work on so many different things at once. Game dev, skateboarding, ranking up in League, playing OSRS, fitness, nutrition, relationships. It's like, where do I even begin?
Well. Looks like I need to redo the entire battle system in order to have the things I want in it. Also I'd like to say that console.log() is the greatest function in Javascript XD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hibixon