Feedback on this idea?

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by wigglyfingers, Jan 22, 2015.

1. wigglyfingers

wigglyfingers Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here's the story: 

The main character is a clone created to fill in the place of the original at a meeting. The clone, C, is brought into the world during a drunk stunt using dark magic and the original (O) is a streaming water and just tells C to take his place at an upcoming meeting. C does the job perfectly and tries to take over O's place. O escapes, C, with his paranoia of being replaced by O creates a clone of himself (C1) to replace C as C goes and searches for O. He decides that the next meeting he goes to will be the perfect time to do it.

C1 is not a sucessful copy though, having his own personality and has to be taught to act like C. 

C1 is a clone of a clone and is the person that the player is designated as. During the story C1 and the player will uncover the above and follow C1 and his journey of identity. 

Does this sound like an interesting idea? Or something that could be scrapped? 

2. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds a bit like the movie Multiplicity. It would could make for a fun game, if pulled off right.

3. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish
    Much better idea than the Bladder Control Thread...

whitesphere and Shinma like this.
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I agree, the idea is so much better than the other thread.  This could be really interesting, but will require some very careful planning

5. Ekkoberry

Ekkoberry RPG maker forum's Resident Echo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sounds a little confusing but I really like it ;0;

6. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It sounds interesting, but could easily become very confusing for the player if you ever have O, C and C1 all onscreen at once. 

It's not like even the face portraits will be different, so I would use one of the Messaging System scripts that points to the character talking.

7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Actually, you could use the graphics to distinguish. e.g. the lazy original, who's a bit of a slacker, could have messed up hair and look a bit unshaven, while the super efficient clone who goes to the meeting would be bright, spick and span, so tidy and eager looking that you feel tired just watching him.  The second clone is "not a successful copy" so there could easily be visible differences as well as the differences in personality that the OP mentioned.

Shinma likes this.
  8. wigglyfingers

wigglyfingers Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you for the feedback so far, this is my first time asking for help here so I'm kinda nervous ;] 

@Shinma: Will check out the movie sometime, it might give me more ideas ;D

@Herectic86: I am now interesting in reading about this "Bladder Control"thread...

@Ekkoberry: Good that you like it! Haha ;P

@Whitesphere & ksjp17: I was just thinking of having the same sprites and they all wear different clothing, get what I mean? I don't know... but thank you, I didn't take into account that the player might actually not know who's speaking when all the characters are on screen.

Shinma likes this.