Would you like to have support in-editor for both, MV and Effekseer MZ animations?

• YES, support for both, MV sprite sheets and Effekseer particles

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • NO, support just for Effekseer particles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Description of the Feature:
  • With this feature, RMMZ could give real support the animation system used in RMMV by adding two different tabs in Animations.
  • By default, RMMZ supports PART of the MV animation system, with the capability of copying animations.json from the previous engine, and pasting it into the game folders from the newest one (as stated in this post from the Support forums).
  • That incomplete "feature" does not allow the player to preview or edit the animations in RMMZ.

Mockups:
This shows the tab system to select between the Default animation system from RMMZ...
RMMZFeedback_001.png

... and the tab to select and edit the Sprite Sheet animations, inherited from RMMV.
RMMZFeedback_002.png

Why is this feature good?
This feature will improve the user experience in RMMZ because:
  • ... with the official implementation, users would be able to edit both kind of animations in-editor (particles from Effekseer and sprited ones from MV), and use them in their games with proper testing.
  • ... we won't need external tools to still use and edit the Sprite Sheet animations, that we were able to use in previous editors since the RMXP generation (released officially in 2004), which means 16 years of resources and assets that could still be exploited today.

Possible issues with this feature?
  • Nostalgic derivated problems.
  • Denial of the Effekseer existence.
  • Possible head-aches due to constant sprite sheet editing.
  • Other psychological problems related directly or indirectly from this system (neither evaluated by official sources nor the users of this forum).

WARNING: Poll votes can be changed anytime by the users. If you vote "Yes", but then you change your mind and vote "No" or "Don't care", the people responsible for the creation of this thread might get very very sad.

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please do!

This addition in MZ would be welcomed, as they'll do all the things they did in MV's animation editor:
- Watch a preview of their animations.
- Edit frames and animations from the sheet
- More control of the tint screen settings.
- Like all the stuff from MV's animation editor.

It'll also solve the performance problems in battle, as they no longer need to worry about Effekseer playing as they'll quite be playing their animations from MV.

Let me say, if you enjoy Effekseer and what it can do, good for you, enjoy it. But not all of us are fine with a program like that replacing the previous animation editor including the issues it can cause. This is one way to make this less of a pain, and I'll forgive MZ for the performance problems it gave me with its animations.

I'm honestly hoping this becomes a thing in MZ.

Last edited:

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please do!

This addition in MZ would be welcomed, as they'll do all the things they did in MV's animation editor:
- Watch a preview of their animations.
- Edit frames and animations from the sheet
- More control of the tint screen settings.
- Like all the stuff from MV's animation editor.

It'll also solve the performance problems in battle, as they no longer need to worry about Effekseer playing as they'll quite be playing their animations from MV.

Let me say, if you enjoy Effekseer and what it can do, good for you, enjoy it. But not all of us are fine with a program like that replacing the previous animation editor including the issues it can cause. This is one way to make this less of a pain, and I'll forgive MZ for the performance problems it gave me with is animations.

I'm honestly hoping this becomes a thing in MZ.

Oops, I answered to the wrong reply. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I voted Yes.
It is also worth writing to them in support. Considering that the developers somehow trust the support more than the proposals on the forum. And that's a fact. I wrote a couple of times and both times they heard when it was still time for "MV". But most of the proposals for "MV" (even approved) did not make it to "MZ"!

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I voted Yes.
It is also worth writing to them in support. Considering that the developers somehow trust the support more than the proposals on the forum. And that's a fact. I wrote a couple of times and both times they heard when it was still time for "MV". But most of the proposals for "MV" (even approved) did not make it to "MZ"!

While that can be true, I think posting this on the Support forum would give troubles, since it is stated that polls, feedback and suggestions must be posted in this part of the forum.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I agree that this would be a good feature. However, I think the "Particle" <-> "Spritesheet" tab should apply to the area on the right, i.e. rather than having two separate animation lists, have one list and let each animation be marked as one type or the other.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noel_Lwin