Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Introduction
This plugin enables autosaving in your game.

It allows saving on differnt situations like on entering a map or closing the menu.
You can also save during eventing using the plugin command AUTOSAVE.

Requirements
RPG Maker MV 1.6.1.

Download
https://felski.itch.io/autosave

Picture

Terms
Copyright (C) 2019 Felski
  • These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
  • 'Felski' must be given credit in your games.
  • You are allowed to edit the code.
  • Do NOT claim the plugins as your own.
  • Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
  • You are NOT allowed to redistribute these plugins.
  • You may NOT take code for your own released plugins without credit.

Raggon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i love this plugin thankyou. Bug report though. When i port to Android using Android studio. I get the dreaded this save is for another game save error with your plugin and not the other autosave plugin. Not sure if this is something u can look into ur code and fix?

Attachments

Crysillion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Fantastic and necessary plugin. I cannot tell you how many times I've searched for an auto-save plugin that not only can save automatically, but also does so in designated save slots. Fantastic work once again, Felski.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I don't think this plugin plays well with Yanfly's Save Core plugin. When I try to load the game, it's fine, but when I try to save the game, there are no saves to be seen.

This is what it looks like when I try to load:

This is what it looks like when I try to save:

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
i love this plugin thankyou. Bug report though. When i port to Android using Android studio. I get the dreaded this save is for another game save error with your plugin and not the other autosave plugin. Not sure if this is something u can look into ur code and fix?
Hi @Raggon,

I rarely port projects to android so I have little to no experience with the file structure the saves use there. The error you got might have been related to yanflys save core tho. Did you try loading my plugin after the save core?
Can you send me a screenshot of the error message?

Best regards,
Felski

Fantastic and necessary plugin. I cannot tell you how many times I've searched for an auto-save plugin that not only can save automatically, but also does so in designated save slots. Fantastic work once again, Felski.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I don't think this plugin plays well with Yanfly's Save Core plugin. When I try to load the game, it's fine, but when I try to save the game, there are no saves to be seen.
Hi @Crysillion,

I just tested the save core plugin in my own project. For me it works just fine. Can you describe a way to reproduce the error? Did you do any settings in the save core plugin? Do you use other plugins that change the way saves work?
I recommend loading my plugin after the save core. That way the amount of saveslots defined in yanflys plugin doesn't affect the auto save slots.

Best regards,
Felski

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi can I request something like
the player load save slot
auto save always save on that slot
this make difference character play through work
thank you

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
hi can I request something like
the player load save slot
auto save always save on that slot
this make difference character play through work
thank you
H @pasunna

I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?
Best regards,
Felski

ThePedro004

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great, I combined with a common event to show a notification whenever the game autosaves, thanks for this great plugin!

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Felski
my game want to disable player saving
and just only alway auto save
unless the title screen that player can choose one save slot
and in game the autosave took that slot
thank you

Raggon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi here is a screenshot of the error. Yes the yanfly save is on top. The other autosave plugin works. Orangeautosave I was hoping its something that can be coded to work. I can post the .js for that later if you cant find it.

Crysillion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Felski

The issue seems to be when using the AUTOSAVE plugin command. A file appears in my save folder titled fileundefined.rpgsave

Of course, typically the filename is file3.rpgsave, file8.rpgsave, or whatever. It seems like the plugin isn't giving the save file a number when using the AUTOSAVE plugin command. It then creates fileNaN.rpgsave when attempting to save in-game.

This appears to happen even without using the AUTOSAVE plugin command and just setting autosave on map change to true in the plugin parameters. I'm trying to figure out exactly what's causing it. I was originally using OrangeAutosave and have since removed that plugin and deleted the autosaves from that plugin.

This is what the console says: Autosave successful. Saved in slot undefined with trigger Entering Area

I can disable absolutely all plugins except for Yanfly Core Engine, Yanfly Save Core, and Felski Autosave and it will still happen. It just creates a file with no save number, resulting in undefined.

I'm surprised nobody else is having this issue.

EDIT: Okay. I figured out what's going on. For anyone that was using OrangeAutosave before moving over to Felski's like I'm doing, OrangeAutosave will essentially corrupt your save configuration. You have to delete your config.rpgsave, which makes your file saves unreadable (meaning you might as well just clean out the whole save folder). If you then just start a new game, Felski's plugin works fine from any save made from that point forward and it autosaves without error.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Weird. I went from Orange Autosave to Felski's, and it's been working just fine for me.

IamWhatonearth

IamWhatonearth Studios
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can somebody tell me how to add the notification prompt when the game auto saves?
ThePedro004 said they used a common event to achieve this but I can't figure out how. The plugin says it saves when you either change your map or close the menu but these don't seem to be options in the conditional branch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highchloride