Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Still really loving this plugin! :kaoluv:
One thing I noticed is that the Skill Tree bgimg doesn't change when selecting the actor's other skill tree/s in the header window. I've double checked and I've definitely got a different bgimg set up for those other skill trees and made sure I have "Update on Header Change" on.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
One thing I noticed is that the Skill Tree bgimg doesn't change when selecting the actor's other skill tree/s in the header window. I've double checked and I've definitely got a different bgimg set up for those other skill trees and made sure I have "Update on Header Change" on.
Hey @RoseRainblood,

do you open the tree via a plugin command and not the menu?
This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next update as soon as I have time to work on it.

Best regards,
Felski

RoseRainblood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @RoseRainblood,

do you open the tree via a plugin command and not the menu?
This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next update as soon as I have time to work on it.

Best regards,
Felski
I open my skill tree in the menu! :)

Also that's awesome to hear that it's being worked on! <3

RoseRainblood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh. I'm also wondering if it's possible to link skill trees together that can actor has? As in, you need to have unlocked the last skill in Skill Tree 1 to unlock the first skill in Skill Tree 2? I have tried putting the last skill in Skill Tree 1 as the parent of the first skill in Skill Tree 2 but it didn't work.

This would be really useful for my project, but if it's not possible or isn't something you're planning to implement, it's no worries — I'll think of another way around it! :)

AlexisR

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is awesome, thank you so much!

I do have a question though-- is there some way I can modify the info box to give the description a little more space? I want to put one or two sentences of flavourtext in the skill description there and it overlaps with the skill/stat boost pretty much right away. But there's still plenty space on the bottom of the info window, so it's not like I'm out of room. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how/where to modify that. Any pointers would be super appreciated.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh. I'm also wondering if it's possible to link skill trees together that can actor has? As in, you need to have unlocked the last skill in Skill Tree 1 to unlock the first skill in Skill Tree 2? I have tried putting the last skill in Skill Tree 1 as the parent of the first skill in Skill Tree 2 but it didn't work.

This would be really useful for my project, but if it's not possible or isn't something you're planning to implement, it's no worries — I'll think of another way around it! :)
Hey @RoseRainblood,

I think that there are multiple ways to achieve that.
First, you could run a common event on the last node of Skill Tree 1 and use a the plugin command ADDTECHTREE [actor] [tree uid] to add Skill Tree 2 for the character. That would require the player to reopen the skill tree scene for the new tree to show up.
Another option would be to hide all nodes in Skill Tree 2 via a switch and then changing the switch on the last node of Skill Tree 1 so they all become visible.
You could also use the 2nd option with just the first node so the player can check out the tree (except the first node), but not unlock it.

Best regards,
Felski

This plugin is awesome, thank you so much!

I do have a question though-- is there some way I can modify the info box to give the description a little more space? I want to put one or two sentences of flavourtext in the skill description there and it overlaps with the skill/stat boost pretty much right away. But there's still plenty space on the bottom of the info window, so it's not like I'm out of room. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how/where to modify that. Any pointers would be super appreciated.
Hey @AlexisR,

that seems to be a bug. Currently I'm quite busy and don't find enough time to work on the plugin. I will look into it soon.
Best regards,
Felski

Oliin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but it it possible to set up ranks or stages to purchase in a node?

For example, rather than having three nodes that basically go:
(combat training 1) -> (combat training 2) -> (combat training 3) -> (advanced combat training)
You just have one node that levels from rank 1 to 2 to 3 before letting you progress to its child node, or even letting you after a specific progression point but with the option to improve past that. So:
(combat training 1/2/3/4/5) -> (advanced combat training - requires previous node at rank 3)

Dekarous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

First of all, this is a fantastic plugin and I'm very thankful to you for creating it.
I have run into some issues while building my skilltree that I couldn't find the solution to, I am sorry if these were asked already.

1) I have set up an animation for the whole skilltree and different animations for each node seperately as well. However, every time I unlock a node ingame, whatever it is, the animation doesn't play and the whole menu closes. The node gets unlocked, but it throws me out of both the skiltree and the inventory/status/etc menu and back to the game. I have made 2 trees with this plugin thus far and this only happens to one of them, but I can't for the life of me figure out what different thing I did from the other tree. Any advice would be incredibly welcome.

2) When you add stat changes through the Tree Builder they appear very high up in the node description, overlapping with the text description of the node. This also happens when you add a skill unlock to the node, but at least you can disable that through the plugin options. Is there a way to lower the stat bonuses lower in the description window so they don't overlap with the written text (and is that possible for the skill unlocks as well)? If that's not possible, an option to remove them from the node description (just like there is one for the skill unlocks) would be very handy.
`1.PNG

3) The node window seems to eat the text on the right if the last word isn't big enough to get sent to the lower line. On the 2) image the last words of each line are "agression" and "corruption" which are big enough to get sent down, but when there are smaller words that "fit" on the right, they just get eaten. The window seems to think there is more space than it actually is and there is no way to fix this from the Tree Builder because there is no ability to press enter to switch lines.
`2.PNG

I have tried reverting back to the default gamefont to see if the font is at fault on this, but the problem persists both for 2) and 3).

Thank you for your time and your work. I would be extremely thankful if you could offer some support for the above issues :).

Edit: I have located the 1) problem with the node closing without the animation playing. It's because I have common events running on those particular nodes. The menu closes in order for the common event to play before the animation plays. Is there a way to give the animation priority so it can play first?

Last edited:

CorpseFather

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Felski any chance you might now whats causing the node description and the skill name to overlap?

Edit: I've changed the font size for now, so they're not overlapping.

Attachments

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi @RoseRainblood,

I fixed the bgimg loading issues with todays update.
Best regards,
Felski

So, I'm I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but it it possible to set up ranks or stages to purchase in a node?

For example, rather than having three nodes that basically go:
(combat training 1) -> (combat training 2) -> (combat training 3) -> (advanced combat training)
You just have one node that levels from rank 1 to 2 to 3 before letting you progress to its child node, or even letting you after a specific progression point but with the option to improve past that. So:
(combat training 1/2/3/4/5) -> (advanced combat training - requires previous node at rank 3)
Hi @Oliin,

this was proposed quite alot. Sadly it would take to much effort (basicly a rewrite of the plugin) to implement this. So I will not add this feature to the plugin. Sorry.
Best regards,
Felski

Hello,

First of all, this is a fantastic plugin and I'm very thankful to you for creating it.
I have run into some issues while building my skilltree that I couldn't find the solution to, I am sorry if these were asked already.

1) I have set up an animation for the whole skilltree and different animations for each node seperately as well. However, every time I unlock a node ingame, whatever it is, the animation doesn't play and the whole menu closes. The node gets unlocked, but it throws me out of both the skiltree and the inventory/status/etc menu and back to the game. I have made 2 trees with this plugin thus far and this only happens to one of them, but I can't for the life of me figure out what different thing I did from the other tree. Any advice would be incredibly welcome.

2) When you add stat changes through the Tree Builder they appear very high up in the node description, overlapping with the text description of the node. This also happens when you add a skill unlock to the node, but at least you can disable that through the plugin options. Is there a way to lower the stat bonuses lower in the description window so they don't overlap with the written text (and is that possible for the skill unlocks as well)? If that's not possible, an option to remove them from the node description (just like there is one for the skill unlocks) would be very handy.
View attachment 154170

3) The node window seems to eat the text on the right if the last word isn't big enough to get sent to the lower line. On the 2) image the last words of each line are "agression" and "corruption" which are big enough to get sent down, but when there are smaller words that "fit" on the right, they just get eaten. The window seems to think there is more space than it actually is and there is no way to fix this from the Tree Builder because there is no ability to press enter to switch lines.
View attachment 154171

I have tried reverting back to the default gamefont to see if the font is at fault on this, but the problem persists both for 2) and 3).

Thank you for your time and your work. I would be extremely thankful if you could offer some support for the above issues :).

Edit: I have located the 1) problem with the node closing without the animation playing. It's because I have common events running on those particular nodes. The menu closes in order for the common event to play before the animation plays. Is there a way to give the animation priority so it can play first?
Hi @Dekarous,

2) and 3) should be fixed in todays update. Regarding 1) the menu usually only closes when you have an common event on activate in a node. For the animation, you can set a default animation in the plugin parameters. Tree animations should only play for the tree.
Best regards,
Felski

@Felski any chance you might now whats causing the node description and the skill name to overlap?

Edit: I've changed the font size for now, so they're not overlapping.
Hey @CorpseFather,

this should be fixed in todays update.
Best regards,
Felski

Dekarous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @RoseRainblood,

Best regards,
Felski

Hi @Oliin,

this was proposed quite alot. Sadly it would take to much effort (basicly a rewrite of the plugin) to implement this. So I will not add this feature to the plugin. Sorry.
Best regards,
Felski

Hi @Dekarous,

2) and 3) should be fixed in todays update. Regarding 1) the menu usually only closes when you have an common event on activate in a node. For the animation, you can set a default animation in the plugin parameters. Tree animations should only play for the tree.
Best regards,
Felski

Hey @CorpseFather,

Best regards,
Felski
That's fantastic, thank you so much <3

CorpseFather

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @RoseRainblood,

Best regards,
Felski

Hi @Oliin,

Best regards,
Felski

Hi @Dekarous,

Best regards,
Felski

Hey @CorpseFather,

Best regards,
Felski
Woot thanks Felski, when will the update be released?

Dekarous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @CorpseFather,

it is available here: https://felski.itch.io/felski-skilltree
I recommend downloading the plugin file and the Tree Builder App.
Best regards,
Felski
I have noticed that if you enable skill descriptions, exclusively the skill description gets eaten by the right side of the window again. This isn't a big deal at all for me, I can just write the skill descriptions in the node description itself, but just thought you would like to know it.

This is in the latest version btw.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
I have noticed that if you enable skill descriptions, exclusively the skill description gets eaten by the right side of the window again. This isn't a big deal at all for me, I can just write the skill descriptions in the node description itself, but just thought you would like to know it.

This is in the latest version btw.
Hi @Dekarous

fixed it.
Best regards,
Felski

CorpseFather

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you go to add the skill number to the tree, is there a way to make it so you can add a description for each skill, instead of having to make a node for each skill?

So;
Skill #17
gives option to "Add skill description"

Attachments

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
When you go to add the skill number to the tree, is there a way to make it so you can add a description for each skill, instead of having to make a node for each skill?

So;
Skill #17
gives option to "Add skill description"
Hey @CorpseFather,

the plugin shows the description of each skill (the description can be maintained in the rpg maker database).
SkillDesc01.png
SkillDesc02.png

You might have it disabled in you plugin settings (it needs to be set to true):
SkillDesc03.png

Best regards,
Felski

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi