AlexisR

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Dekarous,

2) and 3) should be fixed in todays update.
Best regards,
Felski
Since this issue was also my issue, thank you so much for the fix! It's working great. Now I can have my flavour text descriptions without overlap, I love it!

EDIT: In fact, it fixed even more than that-- I had issues with the "required level" not working for me. This update also solved that! Perfect.

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Since this issue was also my issue, thank you so much for the fix! It's working great. Now I can have my flavour text descriptions without overlap, I love it!

EDIT: In fact, it fixed even more than that-- I had issues with the "required level" not working for me. This update also solved that! Perfect.
Hey @AlexisR

glad it works now. There were many comments I answered, so I forgot to include yours. Sorry.
Best regards,
Felski

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I love this plugin - thank you Felski!

Through some project (and demo) testing, it seems where a single actor has multiple trees (with different background images on each tree), only the background of the first tree (for that actor) displays and doesn't update when moving between trees.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong...?

Thanks again for such a well supported and detailed plugin!

say.id

Event Designer
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
I just download the plugin and its great.. easy to use also. Very nice work.
But i want to make the variables to be the requirement to learn the skill. Is it possible?
*sorry for bad english

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
I just download the plugin and its great.. easy to use also. Very nice work.
But i want to make the variables to be the requirement to learn the skill. Is it possible?
*sorry for bad english
Hi @say.id

currently the only requirements are other nodes and levels. You could hide the node until a switch is active. I will look into further requirements.
Best regards,
Felski

Hello,

Through some project (and demo) testing, it seems where a single actor has multiple trees (with different background images on each tree), only the background of the first tree (for that actor) displays and doesn't update when moving between trees.

Hi @8bitsim

do you use the most recent version of the plugin?
Best regards,
Felski

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Felski,
Maybe the question as already been answered, so sorry in advance if I make you repeat stuff. If it's the case can you please send me a link to the answer you posted ?
Anyway, as I don't know a thing about code, I was searching for a way to incorporate your skilltree into a plugin that changes the menu. It needs a symbol in order to make a custom menu appear, do you know what is it for your skilltree ?

Your plugin is very useful for my project's idea, thank you for sharing it :)

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello @Felski,
Maybe the question as already been answered, so sorry in advance if I make you repeat stuff. If it's the case can you please send me a link to the answer you posted ?
Anyway, as I don't know a thing about code, I was searching for a way to incorporate your skilltree into a plugin that changes the menu. It needs a symbol in order to make a custom menu appear, do you know what is it for your skilltree ?

Your plugin is very useful for my project's idea, thank you for sharing it :)
Hi @Deagron,

the symbol is 'skilltree'. You can also check the demo. I've used Yanflys Main Menu Manager plugin there to add the skilltree to the menu. Here is a screenshot on how to set it up:
1599586416427.png

Best regards,
Felski

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your answer ! :)
Also, could there be a JP system without using Yanfly's plugin ?
I tried using gold since I won't have a buying system in my project, but it cannot be individual like JP might be ^^

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After adding it to the Yanfly's Menu Manager, the menu shows twice like in this picture :
1599591450365.png
Then set 'Menu Visible' to false take both off
How can I change that ?

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
After adding it to the Yanfly's Menu Manager, the menu shows twice like in this picture :
View attachment 159873
Then set 'Menu Visible' to false take both off
How can I change that ?
Hmm, maybe disable yanflys plugin and see if that works. Looks weird that it is added twice.
Regarding the JP, you could use items.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Indeed the skilltree menu shows only once when disabling yanflys plugin.
However I need to keep it activated in order to have other custom menus showing on this altered menuscreen from SRD's plugin
Do you think there can be a way to have only one skilltree menu with yanfly's plugin enabled ?

EDIT : after 1) putting your plugin above yanfly's menu manager plugin, 2) disabling yanfly's one 3) launching a playtest and then 4) enabling it again it somehow made only one skilltree menu appear.
I guess this was due to plugin's position since I did not playtest after step 1) ^^

Last edited:

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just one minor issue now : the highlight square doesn't move from Unlock to Cancel in the tree, and stays at the Unlock side (but animation still works)

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just one minor issue now : the highlight square doesn't move from Unlock to Cancel in the tree, and stays at the Unlock side (but animation still works)
Yes, I also found this problem, after updating to the latest 1.3.6. The cursor will not move. If you use the 1.3.0 version of the DEMO to test, the cursor is normal :LZSsad:
I'm learning to use it. Actually, after understanding the production method of the tree generator, it is not difficult to use at all and it is very convenient. The best skill tree, thanks to Felski's great plugin! :LZSproud:

Last edited:

CorpseFather

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I was dumb, had to download the update. my bad.

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello,

Hey @8bitsim

I fixed the preloading of the images with the recent update. All images should now show up properly and directly.
Best regards,
Felski

Hi @Deagron

I fixed the cursor issue with the recent update. Thanks for reporting the bug, as it slipped through when I tested.
Best regards,
Felski

Yes, I also found this problem, after updating to the latest 1.3.6. The cursor will not move. If you use the 1.3.0 version of the DEMO to test, the cursor is normal :LZSsad:
I'm learning to use it. Actually, after understanding the production method of the tree generator, it is not difficult to use at all and it is very convenient. The best skill tree, thanks to Felski's great plugin! :LZSproud:
Hi @41728280

I fixed the cursor issue with the recent update. Glad you like the plugin.
Best regards,
Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your excellent work, the plugin is really great!
I wish you a happy life Felski! :kaojoy:

Raggon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Great Plugin :) . Is there a way to have a popup say why the upgrade to a skill wont work?

Like Not enough gold. or Not enough Jp. Or Your Level is too Low. Right now it just has The Rejection Sound.

Also is the a way to switch users while on the Scene_Techtree with a button? usually its Page Up or Page down but thats not working.

Last edited:

Sektor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ! I think you created a must have plugin here.

I tried to install it but it doesn't appear in my menu... I have tried to change everything but no success...
If somebody can give me an advice plz ? Maybe i forgotted something ?

Thanks

Attachments

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi ! I think you created a must have plugin here.

I tried to install it but it doesn't appear in my menu... I have tried to change everything but no success...
If somebody can give me an advice plz ? Maybe i forgotted something ?

Thanks
Hey @Sektor

the plugin needs to be below any menu plugins. If you use Yanflys Main Menu Manager, here is how I've set it up.

Best regards,
Felski

Sektor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Sektor

the plugin needs to be below any menu plugins. If you use Yanflys Main Menu Manager, here is how I've set it up.

Best regards,
Felski
Yeah it was what i thought first, but it's the same thing...

And if I try to put a YEP_MainMenuManager and put the same code as you, I have thoses errors.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emcautley1