Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeah it was what i thought first, but it's the same thing...

And if I try to put a YEP_MainMenuManager and put the same code as you, I have thoses errors.

The second error is pretty weird. Maybe try loading my plugin before the main menu manager plugin?
Does my plugin work in a fresh project?
Best regards,
Felski

Sektor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Felski, thanks for helping me.

So, I create a new project to test from scratch.
I put the Js in the js/plugins folder.
create a skilltree json named Techtrees.json with a tree named "test" only one node on lane 1 column 1.

Then in the actors menu :

<Techtree>
test
</Techtree>

And activate the js in the script menu.
Then the game dosn't find errors but dosn't reconise the script I think.
I really enjoy this script :kaocry:

Best Regards.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.png
    1.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 8

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi Felski, thanks for helping me.

So, I create a new project to test from scratch.
I put the Js in the js/plugins folder.
create a skilltree json named Techtrees.json with a tree named "test" only one node on lane 1 column 1.

Then in the actors menu :

<Techtree>
test
</Techtree>

And activate the js in the script menu.
Then the game dosn't find errors but dosn't reconise the script I think.
I really enjoy this script :kaocry:

Best Regards.

Is there anything showing in the console? Press F8 or F12 when ingame.
Best regards,
Felski

Sektor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An Unexpected token on the FELSKI Techtree js.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 10

Sektor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMMV 1.5.2
techtree 1.3.7

Sektor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ! Thanks it worked.

Thanks and sorry to bother you.

Suzio Uwabami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello there! I'm having problems with the arrow graphic displaying over skills, if a skill is between a skill and it's parent.
arrow.png

Is there any way to fix this?

Aandel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! The plugin is very good, but I use codes like:
Code:
\i[x]
in the description boxes for skills to illustrate information with icons! These icons do not appear in the skill tree.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi! The plugin is very good, but I use codes like:
Code:
\i[x]
in the description boxes for skills to illustrate information with icons! These icons do not appear in the skill tree.

Hi @Aandel,

the i needs to be capitalized.
Code:
\I[x]
should work.
Best regards,
Felski

Aandel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, it worked! Sorry for my inattention:aswt:

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Felskis!
There is a little flaw in your code so i gave it "-8" fix here:
Clipboard02.png

now the bgimg can fix the frame "inside" perfectly.(as shown below)
Clipboard03.png

The problem of the original code is: You have set the width and height equals to the bgwith and bgheight, but there is a white frame around which has a width of 4 pixels for each side(total 8 pixels)
As a result, your bgimg will exceed to right and bottom for 8 pixels. So i add a "-8" to your variables to make it fit perfectly! cheers!

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having issues with the trees not showing up for the actor in the menu or with a plugin command. I am trying in a brand new project with no other plugins. I am not getting any errors, but it says there is no tree attached, but I am certain the notetag and identifier are the same

-UPDATE- 1/30/21 11:55pm
I was able to link the created warrior skill tree to Harold but only through the plugin command "ADDTECHTREE 1 warrior" in an event. The skill tree is not connected at the start of the game. Nothing shows in the skilltree menu until after I run the event.

Attachments

• tech notetag.png
    tech notetag.png
    132 KB · Views: 14
  • tech json.png
    tech json.png
    21 KB · Views: 14
  • tech consloe.png
    tech consloe.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
I am having issues with the trees not showing up for the actor in the menu or with a plugin command. I am trying in a brand new project with no other plugins. I am not getting any errors, but it says there is no tree attached, but I am certain the notetag and identifier are the same

-UPDATE- 1/30/21 11:55pm
I was able to link the created warrior skill tree to Harold but only through the plugin command "ADDTECHTREE 1 warrior" in an event. The skill tree is not connected at the start of the game. Nothing shows in the skilltree menu until after I run the event.
Hi @xDRAGOONx
As the error message shows, there are leading spaces before the tree uid. Get rid of the spaces infront of warrior and the trees should be attached properly.
Best regards,
Felski

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @xDRAGOONx
As the error message shows, there are leading spaces before the tree uid. Get rid of the spaces infront of warrior and the trees should be attached properly.
Best regards,
Felski
Ah, such as easy fix! I though I had tried this already but I guess not, thanks for your response and for you amazing plugin!

Aandel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hello Felski! I want to leave all the static skills, I don't want the skills to change positions on the screen.
I reduced the size of the nodes and tried to put 5 lines.
But the first line never obeys the position in the uid, it is always moving up one line.
Put the first Skill to appear on the 3rd line and it always stays on the 2nd line and then when moving between Skills it then fits in the correct position.
But when leaving and entering again, the same happens!
I already touched everything I got in the plugin but nothing to find a solution. Could you give me a light to resolve this?
Here is a video of what happens:

Aandel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:aswt2::rolleyes:
Sorry to bring more!
When I place a node on line 1 and depth 1 and a node on line 2 and depth 3, for example, creating nodes diagonally, the keys are unable to go to Node 2, forcing you to use the mouse to access this Node.

Deagron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Felski !

I was trying to make a node that increases the Actor's Max TP since in my project I change TP into a Stamina system.
I tried to put $gameActors.actor(0001).gainTp(5) in the 'Run Custom Javascript Code' section but when I activate the node I get an error message :
1615811762035.png
I tried to do the same on a new project but the issue comes anyway. I'm not good at Javascript so maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

oddly enough, at this point... 3 major things have kept me from porting my project to MZ... animations, and that's mainly because they don't match the artstyle of my game. and two... I NEED a YED Sideview Battler like plugin and I have yet to see one. 3rd, I don't have the money for all the stuff I need plugin wise. and I already have it on MV... lol
Generally speaking, would there be interest in some form of tutorial regarding general project management? I see there are a lot of indie/self-taught devs around here, and looking back i feel like there was a lack of resources on how to properly manage a project that might take several years to finish
I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedylmao