Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok. I thought I can just edit the demo and copy-paste it in my project. Thanks for the quick response!

EDIT: Oh I didn't notice the skilltree html in the demo folder, sorry. Thanks again!

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh ok. I thought I can just edit the demo and copy-paste it in my project. Thanks for the quick response!
Well, you can. Just open the data/Techtrees.json with the TreeBuilder App and then save the result to your game. Then add:
<techtree>
TREEUID
</techtree>

to an actors notetag or a class notetag to add it.

Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems like a very useful plugin, but when I pick an actor in the skilltree menu, I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconIndex' of undefined".

I'm very new to using plugins, so this is probably a super obvious noob mistake I'm making.

It's a fresh project, all I've done is use the copy-and-paste installer, copy the Techtrees.json file from the demo, and added the techtree notetags to Harold in the database.

EDIT: I made some trees of my own, and now I can get to the part where I choose a tree. But when I do pick one, the nodes don't show up. If I press enter, I hear the buzzer sound, and if I press an arrow key I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'technode' of undefined".

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
This seems like a very useful plugin, but when I pick an actor in the skilltree menu, I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconIndex' of undefined".

I'm very new to using plugins, so this is probably a super obvious noob mistake I'm making.

It's a fresh project, all I've done is use the copy-and-paste installer, copy the Techtrees.json file from the demo, and added the techtree notetags to Harold in the database.

EDIT: I made some trees of my own, and now I can get to the part where I choose a tree. But when I do pick one, the nodes don't show up. If I press enter, I hear the buzzer sound, and if I press an arrow key I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'technode' of undefined".
Hey @PrincipalMonokuma

there are multiple reasons that can lead to such errors.
First, which version of RPG Maker MV do you use? The plugin is developed and tested for RPG Maker MV v1.6.1.
Do you load a save file that was created before you added the plugin? Using a new started game should fix it then.

When the error comes up, could you open the console (F8 is the default key if I remember correctly) and take a screenshot of the error message and post it here?

Best regards,
Felski

Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a screenshot of the console error.
error.png
Like I said, it's a fresh project. I don't have an old save file to load.

I'm using the newest version, 1.6.2, which is said in the patch notes to not actually have any differences from 1.6.1.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Here's a screenshot of the console error.
View attachment 128252
Like I said, it's a fresh project. I don't have an old save file to load.

I'm using the newest version, 1.6.2, which is said in the patch notes to not actually have any differences from 1.6.1.
Hi @PrincipalMonokuma

I finally found the time to check this out. The issue is that Techtree.json from the demo has more skills defined in the database that a new project has. Just increase the skill amount or copy the data/Skills.json from the demo (the project needs to be closed while doing this).

Best regards,
Felski

CropseFather

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When do you plan on adding a scroll feature for games on mobile?

Edit: also having problems with this
tried to upload picture but wouldn't let me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi @Felski !

I'm still using your great plugin and I was wondering if you plan to include \c[n] and \i[n] code into the skill description.

here is what I have so far :

In a classic menu or Battle :

In my Skilltree :

Thanks a lot for your work anyway !
Hi @Gregaur

I just published a update that allows the descriptions to have icons and colors.
Best regards,
Felski

When do you plan on adding a scroll feature for games on mobile?

Edit: also having problems with this
tried to upload picture but wouldn't let me.
Hi @CropseFather

I just release an update that added swipe support when using SumRndmDde's SwipeInput Plugin.
Regarding your screenshots. What shows when you click on the button next to Visibility Requirements?
Best regards,
Felski

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hi @Gregaur

I just published a update that allows the descriptions to have icons and colors.
Best regards,
Felski
That's so great ! It works perfectly !

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that
My new level features a Jellyfish character who cannot love, because he electrocutes everything he touches.
I prefer single roommates. After a hard day, all you want is sleep. I went to bed at 12. I was awakened at 2 because of my roommate laughing and whispering and stuff with her boyfriend on the phone. I didn't want to yell at her so I had to bear that cringy lovey dovey convo for half an hour, before I got so bored that I fell asleep again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojojovil