Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok. I thought I can just edit the demo and copy-paste it in my project. Thanks for the quick response!

EDIT: Oh I didn't notice the skilltree html in the demo folder, sorry. Thanks again!

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh ok. I thought I can just edit the demo and copy-paste it in my project. Thanks for the quick response!
Well, you can. Just open the data/Techtrees.json with the TreeBuilder App and then save the result to your game. Then add:
<techtree>
TREEUID
</techtree>

to an actors notetag or a class notetag to add it.

Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems like a very useful plugin, but when I pick an actor in the skilltree menu, I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconIndex' of undefined".

I'm very new to using plugins, so this is probably a super obvious noob mistake I'm making.

It's a fresh project, all I've done is use the copy-and-paste installer, copy the Techtrees.json file from the demo, and added the techtree notetags to Harold in the database.

EDIT: I made some trees of my own, and now I can get to the part where I choose a tree. But when I do pick one, the nodes don't show up. If I press enter, I hear the buzzer sound, and if I press an arrow key I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'technode' of undefined".

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
This seems like a very useful plugin, but when I pick an actor in the skilltree menu, I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconIndex' of undefined".

I'm very new to using plugins, so this is probably a super obvious noob mistake I'm making.

It's a fresh project, all I've done is use the copy-and-paste installer, copy the Techtrees.json file from the demo, and added the techtree notetags to Harold in the database.

EDIT: I made some trees of my own, and now I can get to the part where I choose a tree. But when I do pick one, the nodes don't show up. If I press enter, I hear the buzzer sound, and if I press an arrow key I get the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'technode' of undefined".
Hey @PrincipalMonokuma

there are multiple reasons that can lead to such errors.
First, which version of RPG Maker MV do you use? The plugin is developed and tested for RPG Maker MV v1.6.1.
Do you load a save file that was created before you added the plugin? Using a new started game should fix it then.

When the error comes up, could you open the console (F8 is the default key if I remember correctly) and take a screenshot of the error message and post it here?

Best regards,
Felski

Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a screenshot of the console error.
error.png
Like I said, it's a fresh project. I don't have an old save file to load.

I'm using the newest version, 1.6.2, which is said in the patch notes to not actually have any differences from 1.6.1.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Here's a screenshot of the console error.
View attachment 128252
Like I said, it's a fresh project. I don't have an old save file to load.

I'm using the newest version, 1.6.2, which is said in the patch notes to not actually have any differences from 1.6.1.
Hi @PrincipalMonokuma

I finally found the time to check this out. The issue is that Techtree.json from the demo has more skills defined in the database that a new project has. Just increase the skill amount or copy the data/Skills.json from the demo (the project needs to be closed while doing this).

Best regards,
Felski

CorpseFather

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When do you plan on adding a scroll feature for games on mobile?

Edit: also having problems with this
tried to upload picture but wouldn't let me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi @Felski !

I'm still using your great plugin and I was wondering if you plan to include \c[n] and \i[n] code into the skill description.

here is what I have so far :

In a classic menu or Battle :

In my Skilltree :

Thanks a lot for your work anyway !
Hi @Gregaur

I just published a update that allows the descriptions to have icons and colors.
Best regards,
Felski

When do you plan on adding a scroll feature for games on mobile?

Edit: also having problems with this
tried to upload picture but wouldn't let me.
Hi @CropseFather

I just release an update that added swipe support when using SumRndmDde's SwipeInput Plugin.
Regarding your screenshots. What shows when you click on the button next to Visibility Requirements?
Best regards,
Felski

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Gregaur

I just published a update that allows the descriptions to have icons and colors.
Best regards,
Felski
That's so great ! It works perfectly !

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey everybody,

I just added a small update that lets you check the cost of already unlocked nodes and saves them to a variable.
Best regards,
Felski

v1.3.3
  • added the plugin command ACTIVENODESGOLDCOST [actorId] [tree uid] [variable id].
    • it saves the gold cost of all active nodes for an actor and a specific tree.
  • added the plugin command ACTIVENODESJPCOST [actorId] [tree uid] [variable id].
    • it saves the JP cost of all active nodes for an actor and a specific tree.
  • added the plugin command ACTIVENODESITEMCOST [actorId] [tree uid] [item id] [variable id].
    • it saves the item cost of a specific item of all active nodes for an actor and a specific tree.
  • added the plugin command ACTIVENODESWEAPONCOST [actorId] [tree uid] [weapon id] [variable id].
    • it saves the weapon cost of a specific item of all active nodes for an actor and a specific tree.
  • added the plugin command ACTIVENODESARMORCOST [actorId] [tree uid] [armor id] [variable id].
    • it saves the armor cost of a specific item of all active nodes for an actor and a specific tree.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, out of curiosity, can the skill tree be used with the regular size MV window or does it have to be the wider window?

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi, out of curiosity, can the skill tree be used with the regular size MV window or does it have to be the wider window?
Hi @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

the regular size MV window is no problem for this plugin. You can change all sizes from fonts to windows. So you can make it fit onto any screen size you want.

Best regards,
Felski

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry about this but I've been trying to use your wonderful skilltree in my project. I've copied everything over to my project added a new tree, but everytime I go to open the skilltree remotely (through a crystal) it comes up with cannot read property 'actorid' is null. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I've checked your demo and I can see nothing different between them.

NVM
I just moved my game maps and stuff into your file and it works now. not sure what I did.

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Sorry about this but I've been trying to use your wonderful skilltree in my project. I've copied everything over to my project added a new tree, but everytime I go to open the skilltree remotely (through a crystal) it comes up with cannot read property 'actorid' is null. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I've checked your demo and I can see nothing different between them.
Hi @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

when you open a skill tree from an event you usually have to give the plugin command an actor id to know which skill tree to open.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error and a screenshot of the event that you use to open the skilltree remotely?
Best regards,
Felski

J0M0

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Felski
Wondering if it would be possible to be able to use text codes in the json file for node descriptions? Such as being able to use \i[n] for icons and \c[n] for colors.

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
@Felski
Wondering if it would be possible to be able to use text codes in the json file for node descriptions? Such as being able to use \i[n] for icons and \c[n] for colors.
Hi @J0M0,

you can use \V[x] \N[x] \P[x] \G \C[x] \I[x] in node descriptions since version 1.3.2 of the plugin. They should behave similar to those used by RPG Maker messages.
Best regards,
Felski

Flea

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I am completely new when it comes to making games or anything that has scripts or coding, but I have a younger brother who really wants me to make him a rpg game with no people in it and with a skill tree that he can play. I really need all the help I can get, and this plugin looks great from what I understand of it. So what I'm needing help with is showing the skill tree and the skills in the game and where to put them in my project folder. I know I need to make the skills first, but I have absolutely no clue what to do from there, but my brother is so excited that I don't want to quit the project or make him upset. Can anyone help me? I know it's a lot to ask for but I would really really really appreciate any advice. Thank you so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarashi