Gri49

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I tried downloading the DemoProject and the TreeBuilder, but the archives seems to be corrupted. I get an error when I try to open one.

Could anyone confirm that this link (https://felski.itch.io/felski-skilltree) is the proper download link?

Gri49

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All right, winrar didn't work, but 7zip did (oddly enough). Thanks, problem solve.

Gri49

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plugins is really good. Here's an advice that could be added to improve it's use
  • Improve the UI of the Tree Builder App (kinda of heavy to use. Better than .json on notepad)
    • The "+row" button actually add node to the tree. Either change the text of that button, or add a "+node" button inside a row to make it easier to use.
    • Uuid should be auto-generated (Never mind, Using the Skill's name work perfectly well)
    • Allow use of other image format (.png is always appended to the file name). You could check if the file has an extension (.png, .jpeg, etc) if not, use .png by default. This allow novice user to omit the filetype and advance user to choose other file format.
    • Allow user to specify the destination folder when saving. This prevent the situation where a user get Techtrees (100) in their Download folder, and they have to rename it each time.
    • (That one might sound weird) specify that the indexes start at 1 rather than 0. I know, only programmers may fall into that trap.
  • ... (I will write them here should I stumble upon other possible improvements)

EDIT: I just read the whole Thread. Sorry about that. I think I'll try to implement it myself (at least the Skill Level part). I am a programmer with 7 years of experience, but I am new to RPG maker plugins. If it works, it would be nice for this plugin to support Skill Levels. A bit like Yanfly's job points, you offer compatibility without it being mandatory.

And here's is a new feature that could be added: Skill Level. Here what the feature should allow
  • Say instead of having 5 single-target Fire skills, you use only 1, but the player can assign multiple skill points to the skill to improve it, up to a certan max.
  • To unlock, some skill require not only parent skills, but those parent could also require a minimum skill level. Ex: Flame require Fire(5) to be unlockable.
  • In the SkillTree window, the required skill level of the parent skill should be written on the connection between the child and the parent.
For a complete exemple of what I am talking about, here an image of Etrain Odyssey Untold skill tree (look at Bloodlust requirements):
SkillTreeExemple.jpg

Yanfly's Skill Mastery plugin seems somewhat close to that behavior (though I haven't try to play with it yet). I don't know if that plugin only use a math formula to define the power of the skill at each level, or if the user can specified each level manually. Actually, the Skill Level could be a seperated plugin, while your SkillTree plugin offer the option to support it.

Last edited:

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
That plugins is really good. Here's an advice that could be added to improve it's use
  • Improve the UI of the Tree Builder App (kinda of heavy to use. Better than .json on notepad)
    • The "+row" button actually add node to the tree. Either change the text of that button, or add a "+node" button inside a row to make it easier to use.
    • Uuid should be auto-generated (Never mind, Using the Skill's name work perfectly well)
    • Allow use of other image format (.png is always appended to the file name). You could check if the file has an extension (.png, .jpeg, etc) if not, use .png by default. This allow novice user to omit the filetype and advance user to choose other file format.
    • Allow user to specify the destination folder when saving. This prevent the situation where a user get Techtrees (100) in their Download folder, and they have to rename it each time.
    • (That one might sound weird) specify that the indexes start at 1 rather than 0. I know, only programmers may fall into that trap.
  • ... (I will write them here should I stumble upon other possible improvements)

EDIT: I just read the whole Thread. Sorry about that. I think I'll try to implement it myself (at least the Skill Level part). I am a programmer with 7 years of experience, but I am new to RPG maker plugins. If it works, it would be nice for this plugin to support Skill Levels. A bit like Yanfly's job points, you offer compatibility without it being mandatory.

And here's is a new feature that could be added: Skill Level. Here what the feature should allow
  • Say instead of having 5 single-target Fire skills, you use only 1, but the player can assign multiple skill points to the skill to improve it, up to a certan max.
  • To unlock, some skill require not only parent skills, but those parent could also require a minimum skill level. Ex: Flame require Fire(5) to be unlockable.
  • In the SkillTree window, the required skill level of the parent skill should be written on the connection between the child and the parent.
For a complete exemple of what I am talking about, here an image of Etrain Odyssey Untold skill tree (look at Bloodlust requirements):
View attachment 143439

Yanfly's Skill Mastery plugin seems somewhat close to that behavior (though I haven't try to play with it yet). I don't know if that plugin only use a math formula to define the power of the skill at each level, or if the user can specified each level manually. Actually, the Skill Level could be a seperated plugin, while your SkillTree plugin offer the option to support it.
Hi @Gri49

don't worry. I think the idea of nodes in the tree being able to have multiple levels is great. Sadly I haven't found a way to add this yet and don't really have that much time at the moment to work on this plugin.
If you have any questions about the plugin, feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Felski

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Flea download the Demo and the latest plugin, (it might not teh same plugin in the demo,
but you can use the latest for your project and its editor inside the demo.

While it might be complex to use, learn how its done from the demo itself, open the editor
inside the demo and see how its set up that tree and how you can create your own once
you understand how it works.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Felski
Hello, I have a problem when I deploy my game.

Indeed When I start the deployed game I have a message :

Failed to load: Img/system/techtree/Tech_Hiden.png ,even if I have a windows picture named correctly in the file and if I don't use Hidden node...

Do you know what happen ?

Edit : I can't delete the message but the problem came from me, it fixes :)

Last edited:

Lunam

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I really like your plugin and would like to use it in my game! However, I am using SumRndmDdes Icon Menu and for some reason the menu option doesnt appear. I know its probably not the Icon Menu because Ive tried other menu addons and they show up, but not yours. Any way to fix this? Or should I use one of the common event commands for the menu and use a plugin call common event?

J0M0

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Felski
For some reason, the background images do not load when first opening the skill tree. But subsequent times it is there. Wondering if it is a game resolution issue with yanfly core engine?

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey! I really like your plugin and would like to use it in my game! However, I am using SumRndmDdes Icon Menu and for some reason the menu option doesnt appear. I know its probably not the Icon Menu because Ive tried other menu addons and they show up, but not yours. Any way to fix this? Or should I use one of the common event commands for the menu and use a plugin call common event?
Hey @Lunam,

are you using this plugin? I just tested it and for me it works. You could use the common event as an alternative. Maybe add yanflys Main Menu Manager to add the command by yourself.
Also check in my plugin if you have the setting Menu Visible set to active. That might hide it.
Best regards,
Felski

@Felski
For some reason, the background images do not load when first opening the skill tree. But subsequent times it is there. Wondering if it is a game resolution issue with yanfly core engine?

Hey @J0M0,

it appears that you use a custom menu which might cause this issue. Normally the images are preloaded when you enter the main menu and not the skilltree menu. I think I need to move the preloading to the skilltree menu. It will be fixed in the next update.
Best regards,
Felski

J0M0

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey @Lunam,

are you using this plugin? I just tested it and for me it works. You could use the common event as an alternative. Maybe add yanflys Main Menu Manager to add the command by yourself.
Also check in my plugin if you have the setting Menu Visible set to active. That might hide it.
Best regards,
Felski

Hey @J0M0,

it appears that you use a custom menu which might cause this issue. Normally the images are preloaded when you enter the main menu and not the skilltree menu. I think I need to move the preloading to the skilltree menu. It will be fixed in the next update.
Best regards,
Felski
Ok that makes sense. Thanks in advance!

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can this be used for only a single character while still having the rest of the party not able to access it?

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Can this be used for only a single character while still having the rest of the party not able to access it?
Hey @J-G,

yes, you can use this with a single character. In fact, trees need to be assigned to characters or classes. So just assign your skill trees to only one character.

Best regards,
Felski

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweet, hopefully I can create the skill tree Im trying to make. I was eventing it but this way should be much easier if everything goes smoothly

KFDirector

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is fascinating, and I'm seeing endless creative possibilities here!

1.) It would be nice if it was possible to do custom cost evaluations with js, a la the Lunatic Mode notetags of Yanfly's Skill Learn System. (That you can do custom evals for on Activate and Deactivate is great, and super useful!...but it doesn't extend to whether you're allowed to buy the skill in the first place, and adding a function to the Activate/Deactivate evals to automatically undo the purchase if the buyer turns out not to have met the cost requirements could be a bit troublesome.) I imagine adding this functionality is harder than it sounds, though.

2.) Is there a plugin command or line of script one should use to quickly test whether a given actor has a specific tech tree node active? (Checking to see if there's any alternative to adding a lot of passive skills, one for each tech tree node, and testing whether the actor has those skills...)

longlivejuggs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Maybe I'm missing something in the demo but... is there a way to unlock skilltrees for a subclass only when it's equipped and only retain those skills if the same subclass remains equipped?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can the nodes be leveled up?

Felski

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Maybe I'm missing something in the demo but... is there a way to unlock skilltrees for a subclass only when it's equipped and only retain those skills if the same subclass remains equipped?
Hi @longlivejuggs,

the plugin is incompatible with Yanflys Subclass Plugin. Yanfly's Class Change Core is fine.
Best regards,
Felski

Can the nodes be leveled up?
Hi @J-G,

with leveled up you mean that you can activate the same node multiple times with new stats etc?
This isn't possible and I don't plan to add it.
Best regards,
Felski

This plugin is fascinating, and I'm seeing endless creative possibilities here!

1.) It would be nice if it was possible to do custom cost evaluations with js, a la the Lunatic Mode notetags of Yanfly's Skill Learn System. (That you can do custom evals for on Activate and Deactivate is great, and super useful!...but it doesn't extend to whether you're allowed to buy the skill in the first place, and adding a function to the Activate/Deactivate evals to automatically undo the purchase if the buyer turns out not to have met the cost requirements could be a bit troublesome.) I imagine adding this functionality is harder than it sounds, though.

2.) Is there a plugin command or line of script one should use to quickly test whether a given actor has a specific tech tree node active? (Checking to see if there's any alternative to adding a lot of passive skills, one for each tech tree node, and testing whether the actor has those skills...)
Hi @KFDirector,

I have to look into the custom cost evalutations, but I guess this will be quite some work.
The plugin command sounds like a good addition. I'm gonna add this to my list.
Best regards,
Felski

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a bummer, would have been a great addition to it. Thank you for answering. I guess I'll have to stick to my evented skill tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Alexa, play Buck-Tick - Dress
Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oleran