Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Manly Dictator
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
Apparently not. :( Ohwell I'm still more awesome and manly.

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
I agree with Slender Man here.
W-w-wwhat? I'm not Slenderman! Who told you that?! THEY'RE LYING! I... uhhh.... look, a spoopy skeleton!

*jumps out window*

The Dragon God

Indie Game Dev, Concept Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You relate to whichever character has similar experiences in life to you, probably psychologically to see how that character gets out of that situation hisself/herself. That method could help you out.

Whatever excuses there may be when it comes to male game devs in the Industry not making female leads, it's their reason, thus it's a logical fact if it makes sense. Just because you may not understand the logic behind something, doesn't make it any less true. You can hate them or be feministic about it but it takes a open mind to succeed in this Industry. You want change, then make a effort.

IF you want a all male cast, great. Like a all female cast, cool. Trans cast, go for it. The male game devs in the Industry have every right to design their games the way they want, wouldn't be cool if people told you want to do with your games here eh.

Great characters are what YOU make of it.

Except all of Indrah's games too have female lead characters, or rhyme's, or Ocean's, or Racheal and Maki's games to note a few. Saying you're embodiment of change is... XD

It's NOT RARE for games to have female MCs, the point is how they're written. It's really silly because everyone has a different opinion on what a female should be, they can be girly and they dont have to be girly, it's not sexist to go either way. Everyone treats the female character as a representative of the female population and THAT is where the issue starts.
Your able to say what YOU are, I'll do the same. Sounds fair eh?

I'm the embodiment of change. I never said anything about those people, but do I see them trying to make a difference and say they too desire change, no, no I do not. Therefore it logically stands to reason, they do not care and that's the place they want to stay. That sounds fair and fine to me. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
Your post implies as if girls are some kind of mystical beings that can change the game industry forever. They're not.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Dragon God, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Also wtf are you saying? You ain't making any sense bro.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm the embodiment of change. I never said anything about those people, but do I see them trying to make a difference and say they too desire change, no, no I do not. Therefore it logically stands to reason, they do not care and that's the place they want to stay. That sounds fair and fine to me. ^^
Just because I am not running around preaching and gloating that I am some paragon goddess of change doesn't mean that I am not making a conscious effort to seek change through my choices to include female leads in almost every story I tell, be it through gaming or other mediums. To say that I do not care by this backwards logic is rather insulting. I'm willing to bet the other people listed care just as much as I do about female representation in video games. We just happen to keep our egos in check and understand that there isn't one single specific person who is an 'embodiment of change' and that it is a wave of people united under the same goal.

Alex_TheBadass

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Heroism
All I know is that I'm Old School so I respect da ladies and expect the same in games. None of that disrespect and objectification by these gangstas nowadays is allowed in my crib.

Aceri

Author
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like to base my characters around the world I made. If I am writing a world that is heavily female oriented then the lead will most likely be female.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Regardless of what people might think of female characters in general, the fact remains that they are still human. So write them as such. :\

Aceri

Author
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They're sexy humans*

Fixed it for you.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I still think a female as a main character works better and it's more interesting to develop than a male one (which is usually stereotyped and clichè). Even if the main character of my game is a male I still prefer developing female ones.

A male can be an interesting villain, but of course it all depends on the story and the settings of the game.

Aceri

Author
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Males usually are primarily villains. But the male villains usually have female cohorts.

The Dragon God

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your post implies as if girls are some kind of mystical beings that can change the game industry forever. They're not.
IF worked in such a way, yea I do think that. 

The Dragon God, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Also wtf are you saying? You ain't making any sense bro.
I'm sorry you don't understand it. But I hope one day you will.

Just because I am not running around preaching and gloating that I am some paragon goddess of change doesn't mean that I am not making a conscious effort to seek change through my choices to include female leads in almost every story I tell, be it through gaming or other mediums. To say that I do not care by this backwards logic is rather insulting. I'm willing to bet the other people listed care just as much as I do about female representation in video games. We just happen to keep our egos in check and understand that there isn't one single specific person who is an 'embodiment of change' and that it is a wave of people united under the same goal.
Just stating a observation, I never said anything about you directly, not even your name. Just cause you don't understand what I'm saying doesn't make it backwards, apparently it seems logical enough for you to reply to. I'm not insulting you.

I don't think you know what that word means.
Well that's no surprise. You wouldn't know either way, you don't know me. I read the dictionary, I know words.  You want to say stuff about me, keep it to yourself. You may think I don't know about that word, well I may think you don't know your own place. Just cause your a Mod doesn't mean you can insult my intelligence. Your suppose to lead the community by setting a example of behavior, try that instead of starting drama. You want to talk to someone, there's people a few pages back talking to you. Go talk to them.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm saying to you that as a girl your mindset doesn't make sense. Girls are humans, they're not mystical beings. They should be treated equally as someone who is HUMAN. We're not tools for your "glory/ego/whatever." You don't realize how you're sounding like a pretentious a**hole. I don't think we're underrepresented in the game industry, but surely there are a lack of female protagonists. That's a thing, but I don't think there's lack of good female characters. Just making a female protagonist is not going to fill up your over-inflated ego or change the game industry.

If you can't take what everyone else is saying about your incomprehensible rambling then don't join any discussion since you sound full of yourself. Your observation is f*cking off. You have no right to say that you're creating change and be oblivious how everyone is doing things on their own way. And I certainly don't want my gender to be represented by someone like you.

moon

the moon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

1994 called, it said nothing you're saying is remotely new.

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
They're sexy humans*

Fixed it for you.
So are men. Sexy, sexy men with sexy lean muscles and sexy, sexy huuuur

:brain has disconnected:

:please stand by for reboot:

As I was saying... Men are sexy to about half the population, as women are sexy to the other half (or so. There's a large number who find both and neither sexy, after all.)

As for being the Goddess of Change... I believe that title goes to myself and the other four (or so) female RM users who were around 15 years ago. And the male creators who used female characters as their leads - yes, they exist. Oh, and those guys who made Samus a woman. And the creators of Ms Pacman. And... well, you get the idea. You aren't the precious snowflake, though you are a snowflake - just remember that while they are all different, there are millions of them that fall under the same heading.

Still, be the change you wanna see. Go you! And people who write good characters - men and women.

The Dragon God

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm saying to you that as a girl your mindset doesn't make sense. Girls are humans, they're not mystical beings. They should be treated equally as how you would write a guy, someone who is HUMAN. We're not tools for your "glory/ego/whatever." You don't realize how you're sounding like a pretentious a**hole.

If you can't take what everyone else is saying about you then don't join any discussion since you sound full of yourself. Your observation is f*cking off.
It sounds off because you've misread it and misunderstand it. 

1) never said girls weren't human also, in case you haven't noticed, the females that are talked about and mentioned here are game characters, which last time I checked video game characters period can be anything, human, catgirl, trans, etc so how hard was that to follow.

2) I don't know why you calling me names, I never called you one and that makes you look bad so don't worry about my image. Worry about yours.

3) I never said anything about you. So don't try to make it about you. Seek attention elsewhere, don't ride my wagon to get it.

4) Reference to (1), since the topic is about game characters, I can say what I want about them being goddesses. But technically I personally never said anything specific about that in my post, you passed that guy namd Ralph, THAT was his thought.

5) I'm not here for ego. I also didn't use girls in any way to my benefit. You misread something there. IF you need help understanding, ask. 

6) Real quick to try and act like a victim in a situation that's actually nonexistent. Your the real jerk here, twisting my words.  Again, I'm sensing you want attention. But I'm not your free meal ticket. You mentioned something along the lines of tools, seems your trying to use me.

7) Never said I did nor didn't like what people say, you assume too much. Speaking of observations, that was mine that I addressed in a statement. How I feel about it well THAT is actually left to be decided by me.

" As for being the Goddess of Change... I believe that title goes to myself and the other four (or so) female RM users who were around 15 years ago. And the male creators who used female characters as their leads - yes, they exist. Oh, and those guys who made Samus a woman. And the creators of Ms Pacman. And... well, you get the idea. You aren't the precious snowflake, though you are a snowflake - just remember that while they are all different, there are millions of them that fall under the same heading." 

Well that's fine and dandy but there's just one thing missing, I never said "Goddess of Change", I've said "embodiment" of change. No gender specifications there. OH btw, I'm not a snowflake, I'm a dragon, hence my name. I'm precious as much as I feel I need to be, it definitely isn't your place to decide. Nonetheless good day yo you.

Aceri

Author
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would say women are Goddesses of Change AND mystical beings. They can literally MAKE PEOPLE!

P.S.

So are men. Sexy, sexy men with sexy lean muscles and sexy, sexy huuuur

:brain has disconnected:

:please stand by for reboot:

As I was saying... Men are sexy to about half the population, as women are sexy to the other half (or so. There's a large number who find both and neither sexy, after all.)

As for being the Goddess of Change... I believe that title goes to myself and the other four (or so) female RM users who were around 15 years ago. And the male creators who used female characters as their leads - yes, they exist. Oh, and those guys who made Samus a woman. And the creators of Ms Pacman. And... well, you get the idea. You aren't the precious snowflake, though you are a snowflake - just remember that while they are all different, there are millions of them that fall under the same heading.

Still, be the change you wanna see. Go you! And people who write good characters - men and women.
Hey there, Ksi, you foxy lady! Feel free to let me know whenever you want a free ticket to the gun show. You know what's up.

*Flexes arm muscles in rapid succession*

Oh yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today's the day I post my demo!
I am having a great day today humans! May your day be great too! Praise the altar.
Recently discovered that an old member called "Kaus" stole some tilesets from other games, claim as yours, and some people associate his nick with mine. Besides having the same name, he was publishing tilesets too. Bad luck? Guess maybe I'll need to change my nickname... :(

My best practices for a new amazing plugin by this author https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saediga