Fence Tiles Don't Match

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Cipher001, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Cipher001

Cipher001 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    There's probably something simple I'm doing wrong, but the white fence posts (pics below) don't add up. The right angle leading right and down and the right angle leading right and up don't connect. I've tried a bunch of combinations for the right-angled fence tiles, but nothing seems to work. It looks awful. Can you give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong? In the pictures are all the tiles available. I'm using the Steampunk Town tileset, if that helps. Thanks! Screenshot (98).png Screenshot (99).png

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    where did that tileset come from?
    It looks as if you're using not a regular tilesheet but a parallax source (regular tilesheets don't have as much transparent space, but parallax sources need that transparent space around everything), and parallax sources can't be used as tilesheets without reformatting them in an image program.

3. Cipher001

Cipher001 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not using a parallax program. I'm using the download this website sent me for the Steampunk Town tileset. Link: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/rpg-maker-mv-tileset/steampunk-town-tiles
    Edit: I'm using RPG Maker MV as well, which I believe is the intended engine for the product.

4. Veno

Veno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It looks like the tilset was put together poorly, if they're not lining up correctly. As Andar recommended, you'll want to get an image program and re-align those tiles properly in a 48x48 tile grid. Photoshop has a great ruler setup to be able to easily snap things to the proper locations and make sure they can seamlessly connect.

5. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Check to see if there's a different version of that corner. A lot of tilesets include both left-aligned and right-aligned fence graphics, so that you can have them on the inside border of tiles no matter what (the default RMMV fences save a couple tiles by going down the middle of the tile no matter what, and it looks really bad when it's on the edge of a tile border)

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I agree, it looks like you've used the wrong piece. That whole corner doesn't match - either along the sides or along the bottom. I can see 4 tiles in that (sadly put-together) tileset that could go in that corner - try them all to see which is the right one.

7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.