PitjePitjePitje

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make a fence that will 1) act like a fence (prohibits movement on one axis), and 2) looks like a fence (allows my character to walk behind it (this is mainly an issue for north-south blocking fences, for east-west I can place the graphic accordingly in the sprite tile and make 4-directional passability work).

I can't seem to get this to work with using a star-passability (there's no collision detection for the fence then), so my next best guess is regions + a parallel event checking player orientation? or just use individual events and execute a similar check on player touch?

If anyone has some insight (or yanfly-compatible plugins) I'd be very appreciative :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you misunderstood what star passability means.
it has only two functions:
1) display the tile graphic above the player
2) ignore the passability of the star tile but use the passability of the tile under it (the A-tile placed there.

so you basically need to make sure that the A tile of the position holds the correct passability, using the star tile only for displaying parts above the actor.

PitjePitjePitje

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you're saying another option is to make an 'empty' tile with the four-directional settings I want, then star-place the fence over it? That sounds a lot smarter than adding parallel logic/individual events :) thank you!

EDIT: yay, it works!

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg
If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
Anyone had school furniture?
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeroWillo