Gabu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Waterguy & @Arcmagik

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea how to do any of that. 
Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm still a beginner with RMMV, I have only really figured out how to do the most basic of events. This is why I was asking for a thorough explanation on how I would do this in the OP. Pretty much a step by step walkthough. I apologize if it seems like I'm asking for a lot.

as for your second question Arcmagik, I want it to function the same way. I would like it to look kinda similar as well. When you mention graphics do you mean the menu design itself, like the borders and stuff? if so I think I could design that myself.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Control Variables: Variable set to Single and the one you'll use for this (give it a name so you know what it will be for), Operation set as Set, Operand set as Game Data and click on the "...", choose Others -> Party Members.

Conditional Branch: Variable, the variable you set for this, <, Constant: 4. Check the checkbox in the bottom.

Both commands are on the left column of the first page.

Inside the first branch, add the character (I guess this was the part you already knew).

Inside the second, the "Else" one, put what happens if the party is full.

And that is how you add only up to 4 characters.

Now, for your menu when there are more characters, you will need a plugin...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Arcmagik
I made a concept image of what the menu I imagined would look like. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gabu

If someone comes along with a plugin before I can work on this I'd say take it. I am going to put together an Eventing System though that is slightly more complex. You want it to do multiple parties? If so then it may take until the weekend as that isn't a simple thing. It will have to use a Common Event System that interacts with several events on a specialized map (parallaxed). Which means it will include a handful of variables too, but it can be done. I can package it up in a demo and comment out each section so it helps explain it (that way you learn too). Are you interested in that route? 

I don't want to waste time that I don't have too. You can request a plugin that uses your graphics that you put together just as easily from someone else too. In fact a plugin if you can find someone to do it (and might be simpler too). 

Gabu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Arcmagik
Yea I would like to make a dungeon that you need multiple parties to complete. some that you need 2 and a few others where you need 3. 
I just want it to function exactly like the system in FFVI, if possible. And yea, That would be great if your could package it up in a demo, that would definitely help me out.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't forgotten about this. I am still working on it, but very slowly. Things got kind of hectic for me with getting a second dog.

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It sounds like what you're looking for is Hime's Party Switching Scene Plug-In. It will allow you to do exactly the FFVI style switcharoo, keep your unused actors in a reserve (which should allow you to use the default formation menu to only move around the 4, in-use members), and if you're looking to do multiple parties, Hime has a link to another Plug-In on that page that will allow you to have multiple parties as well.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately this is taking longer then I anticipated. Not because of difficulty but more about how much time I have to actually work on it. 

billocity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, just jumping in here to see if any plugins got made because I'm looking for something similar, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dertasa12