Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
**New version as of 12/15/18

THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL FAN GAME
Version 1.6
(Screenshots and video are slightly outdated with new updates)
Feedback and bug reports are appreciated and I hope you enjoy the project!

**Updated as of 12/15/18

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15pcoYumclim3D68Po1iYRB4Joc04hLjy

**Join us in Discord for updates & more!
https://discord.gg/qyBjxEg

Embark on an epic journey through the seemingly endless lands of Vana’diel filled with bustling cities and savage beast lands. Our story takes place ten years after the Crystal War. The Crystal War, although devastating for the peoples of Vana’diel, had finally united the four nations of Bastok, San d’oria, WIndurst and Jeuno to stand together in arms to extinguish the evil Shadowlord and his demons that plagued their lands.

During the time of the Crystal War, the Tavnazian Marquisate had fallen as the last stand before the alliance of the four nations was able to uncover the location of the Shadowlord. This battle would ring through the echoes of time as the most devastating tragedy to occur in the history of Vana’diel.

After a ten year respite, a new and mysterious evil has begun to emerge that will soon threaten all life on Vana’diel. It will be up to the peoples of Vana’diel to shine their light and vanquish the darkness before it swallows them whole…

A new day has dawned for Vana’diel, the Age of the Adventurer. Four adventurers have joined together to serve their nations for the greater good of their people. The heroes stand together and fight for what they believe in, united by the loss of their families and loved ones during the Crystal War.

After their last excursion in Valkurm Dunes, the adventurers are requested in the presence of the Ducal Guard in the Grand Duchy of Jeuno. A new mission sends them to the Republic of Bastok where they uncover new and startling information that will send them to a battle on the front lines that they never expected.

A hume born and raised in the Republic of Bastok, nestled deep within the arid region of Gustaberg. Aeodin became a Junior Musketeer following in his father’s footsteps in the Bastokan Military. He soon after turned to adventuring in hopes of making a difference in the world of Vana’diel to honor his ancestors who served and died in the Crystal War.

An Elvaan born and raised within the walls of the Kingdom of San d’oria in the cool air of the Ronfaure region. Kayame was born to a mother and father who served as Royal Knights under King Destin, the 26th ruler of San d’oria. Despite their powerful magic, they fell at the hands of the Beastmen Army during the Crystal War leaving Kayame an Orphan. As soon as Kayame was of age, she set her sights for the Grand Duchy of Jeuno to use her strong magical abilities for a good cause. She became an adventurer in hopes that she could save anyone from feeling the same pain she felt when she lost her family.

A hume born and raised in the great Federation of Windurst, within the tropical lands of the Sarutabaruta region. Dario was born to a Hume and Mithra which is still uncommon to this day. At the time of the Crystal War, Dario had been sent to live in the small fishing village of Kazham on the northern tip of the Elshimo Islands for his safety. I was in Kazham that Dario would learn many of his skills from hunting and fishing to magic and guile. Sadly, his parents never returned to him after the war. In his teens, Dario was taken in by the Pirates of Norg and trained under Gilgamesh. Later, Dario set for Jeuno to use his abilities as an adventurer in hopes that he might be able to make a difference for the greater good.

A hume born and raised in the lush Tavnazian Archipelago behind the walls of the wealthiest city in Vana’diel, Tavnazia. At a young age during the Crystal War, she watched as the Beastmen Army obliterated the once thriving Tavnazian Marquisate, wiping it from the map. With a few survivors, Lazulai managed to escape during the attack to the safehold. She not only became an orphan, she also lost her dearest friend, Zayafont. Since the fall of her nation, she began tirelessly training to hone her skills to protect the ones she loves and to repay the Beastmen tenfold any chance she was given. Lazulai left the safehold with eyes locked for Jeuno.

• Full Chapter 1 included in post, Chapter 1 Dynamis content and some Chapter 2 content available in post.
  • **Advanced Jobs available at the end of Chapter 1.
  • Non-Profit Fan-Game based on Final Fantasy universe with original story line.
  • Challenge Notorious Monsters for exclusive loot!
  • Easter Eggs and memorable characters from the Final Fantasy Universe

• 12+ hours of story driven game play with many more hours of optional side content.

• Side-View Battle System with use of Yanfly Action Sequences and custom animations.

• Skillchain combo system that chains Weapon skills together to formulate new skills for extra damage and exploit elemental weaknesses!
  • On map encounters!

• Interactive Timed Attack button press Weapon skills determine how much damage your Weapon skills will do!
  • Unique Enemy AI that requires use of all character skills and resources to be managed wisely.
  • Use powerful “2 hour” abilities in battle to turn the tide in your favor.

• Level up to learn skills for each job and utilize the Job Point system to earn powerful passive abilities and Weapon skills.
  • Mining / Fishing / Harvesting System.

• Elaborate Crafting System.
  • Large fully explore-able city and dungeon maps.
  • Customizable equipment that allows for deep job specialization via augments obtained through the crafting system.

• Over 30 Side Quests with token rewards to trade in for rare items.

--Development Team--

Mithrandir

The Huntress

Crisys

Motiondog

--Music--

Final Fantasy series

Anna Smile

Chrono Cross

--Plugins--

Yanfly

Moghunter

Sumrndmdde

--Resources--

Final Fantasy XI

Thalzon

Aekashics

Whtdragon

StrangeDragon

Hiddenone

Hadecynn

RPG MAKER

KADOKAWA

Last edited:

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update to V 1.1 with bug fixes and optimization updates

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My hats off to you implementing a LITERAL Army of Features into a game. Will def be playing the demo today!

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Jayje Hey thanks for the interest in the project! Join us in discord if you need some help with the game and of course, feedback is always appreciated. Positive or negative, hopefully always constructive! :) Link has been added to the post

Looking forward to hearing from you :D

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
you got it

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Download link updated

V1.2
Various bug fixes & updates

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
will it be playable online?

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Freank Do you mean Web Browser or online like the original XI?

It won't be online like the original lol just to clarify but if you are talking about browser, I have considered posting it. Haven't gotten around to it yet though.

Vinedrius

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is massive screen tearing while moving around. Is this common in MV or something wrong with the game? It happens no matter the size of the window (I couldn't find a way to make it full screen to try if that fixes this issue).

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Vinedrius

Are you playing on a laptop? I’ve noticed that MV doesn’t run properly on mine but there hasn’t been any other reports of corrupt data that I’m aware of.

Heru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game is super fun to play with tons of features, side quests and optional items, battle system is balanced with a lot of possible combination of abilities between different jobs. I'm really amazed.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks @Heru for the review! Glad you liked the game :D

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Post updated with first look video :)

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated working title & new version with many updates / bug fixes.

End game chapter 1 content released in beta phase :]

nitriso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Game looks great from what I have seen from YouTube. I have a problem when I try to open it. I get a white screen and nothing else. I have updated my graphics drivers, so I'm not sure why it is still happening. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

EDIT: Nevermind, I downloaded it again and now it works!

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@nitriso awesome thanks for checking it out! I’ll have a newer version up soon. I’m doing my best to update regularly.

Working on the second chapter of the game now :)

Feedback is always encouraged, thanks again!

Also feel free to hop in our discord if you want to stay updated on the game and also have us play your game. We do live streams of RM games

Last edited:

Crisys

Twitch Live Streamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, just wanted to let people know that I've played through the entire first chapter and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

If you wanted to check out the playthrough it's up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7EeKp-zFmWRGXEVgDDzuCjV_AmtWowj-

Summary:

I admittedly love the source material, Final Fantasy XI, so this game really struck my fancy. The entire game was built with attention to detail and every note was struck perfectly. You have access to all 6 starter classes being monk, thief, warrior, red/black/white mage with four characters at the start allowing for a varied party setup. The ability to change your classes right at the start is also nice, so if you don't like a specific job you can change pretty quick. The towns are amazingly designed almost exactly like their counterpart in the actually final fantasy XI. The area maps could use a little touching up to add a stronger atmosphere but there is nothing inherently wrong with them either.

The combat is balanced and varied. A lot of different skill are available between the 6 jobs and make combat interesting enough to have it not be an issue. No random encounters, all enemies on screen which is nice. The first couple boss fights are your typical tank and spanks but as the game progresses the boss encounters become very fun.

The story is your typical fare and integrates into the FFXI lore well. A really cool part of the story is the cameos of characters from other Final Fantasy games. They don't play a major role for the most part but it's cool how each character interacts with the party. Speaking of the party, the dialogue with each other is done well and their personalty and traits come through well and it feels like each character has their own voice.

There is quite a bit of optional content which is always nice and the "endgame" zone is difficult and rewarding: everything that's needed for an end type zone. There are some really nice optional quests and nods to the other Final Fantasy games. All in all, for a fan game, this game succeeds with its goals.

TLDR: 8/10

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
**Updated to V1.5

Improved introduction sequence, mapping improvements, bug fixes and database edits

Thanks for checking out my project :)

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just wanted to share that the first portion of chapter 2 is complete! With steady progress moving forward.

Thanks to all that take interest in my project and expect a new download link soon!

Cerderic

Paragon of Dragoon Excellence
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This is awesome! I've been watching Crisys's video series on this and I'm super impressed. I was considering making an XI sequel on RPG Maker myself. I have a decent amount on RPG Maker XP, though creating assets is not my strong suit. Was wondering if you had an issues on me using a lot of stuff from this game in my project? Also, I'm down to help with anything if you're still working on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanzy