Randomly Generated User Name
- Feb 26, 2022
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Fidel has found herself in a strange and unfamiliar world after spending 12 months in a coma, but that doesn't matter to her - she's got a wicked cut she needs people to see. The mysterious "Pauper" has told her that she is required to finish his "test" and to deal with the nefarious figure that calls himself "The Maker", but Fidel would rather cheer up the lonely people of the small town she woke up in. But one question keeps being asked: What does it mean to be an 'asset'?
The Maker's rampage has closed the tiny community of Crossroad Commune off to the rest of the world, and with it's closed roads has come unrest and unhappiness amongst the sad and lonely people.
- Fidel is the ray of sunshine the town needs in its current misanthropic state.
- Make friends with each of the townsfolk by mending the source of their sadness and past mistakes.
- Transform Crossroad Commune from a lonely town to a place full of delight by helping the people, cleaning the town, and repairing the roads that lead into the small community.
Explore the 3 major roads that intersect at Crossroad Commune and solve the mystery that has sealed the road to further travel; from the mountain's sickness, to the sea's anger, or the forest's unrest. Fidel can tackle these mysteries in any order she wants.
- Obtain powerful tools to assist Fidel's exploration.
- Use the tools to get an edge over enemies in combat.
Build Confidence in order to to unleash the elements to deal damage in a simplified turn-based combat system.
- Fidel can gain confidence from every action; from guarding, to attacking, to receiving damage.
- Stack elemental damage to ramp up damage output.
- Or risk all of the stacks you built to deal massive damage by juggling the elements. Mastery is knowing when to stack and when to juggle.
Completely alter the game through Game Rules, editing mechanics, adding or removing functions, and change the formulas the game uses for calculations. The player is free to tailor the game the way they want.
(More rules and formulas have been and will continue to be added as development progresses)
- Chose a simplified Game Rules Preset for a deeper, more well-crafted difficulty option than your typical game's difficulty slider.
- Use Game Rules to refine difficulty to your personal preferences.
- Use Game Rules to set up challenge runs or to breathe new life into the game after you have completed it. Replaying is encouraged!
- Planned release date is sometime 2023 (but, obviously, subject to change)
- Expected play time is roughly 7 - 8 hours for 1 play through (again, subject to change)
- The game is non-linear and non-compulsory, resulting in story and events being either missed entirely or changed depending on what order you do events.
- The game will be a commercial game available on Steam (and likely Itch, but this is unconfirmed)
- More images (particularly still images) will come as the game progresses. Currently a battle UI is being programmed. Once complete, battle screenshots will be added.
- Pronounced fɪd(ə)l (fi-dle), not fiˈdɛl (fhi-delle).
- This page looks better with the dark mode theme.
Preview & Beta Testing:
The soundtrack has been written and composed by myself and has received positive recognition. A partial preview of the soundtrack has been made available publicly for everyone to listen to.
(why yes, indeed, this is the video that Adobe Premiere thought was too intense resulting in crashing not just Premiere but also my graphics drivers that I made a status post about yesterday, rather livid. You can clearly see with all of this intense editing that I was totally out of line for my anger. Totally.)
Beta testing is now closed. Thanks everyone for your feedback.
If you weren't able to join the beta test, but curious to know more about what the beta contained, you can read about it here!
Hello everyone, I wanted to write an update about what has been going on with Fidel & The Pauper's Paradox, the upcoming sequel to Fidel & The Maker's Trial. I recently conducted a closed beta test wh...
Special thanks to Somon, my artist who has done all of the CG art for the game.
Progress and development is streamed on my Youtube channel, which you can find here:
Thank you everyone, and I am very excited for this games release. I hope you are too.