char1ai = " -p1"+" "+p1+" -ai"+" "ai1
char2ai = " -p2"+" "+p2+" -ai"+" "ai2
char3ai = " -p3"+" "+p3+" -ai"+" "ai3
char4ai = " -p4"+" "+p4+" -ai"+" "ai4

#=======================================Code
#this bit is confusing, i want to replace system with something 
#simpler so that it can be put in the script editor
system(a+char1+char2ai+char3+char4ai)

#replace char1 with char1ai to activate AI and same for more chars (CPU mode)
#You can also have char1 and char2 only
#4 players are max in mugen and you can have control over player 1 and 2 only
Here^
But i don't know how to call this on an event because when i add it in events like run a script, everything doesn't fit up
If i mix all the code, it only runs the first line like the examples of codes i sent before which were in one single line
So this was the only way... Please tell me how i can add this to script editor and then call it from there on a certain event
*thanks for the wrapper, i will try it!

Last edited:

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Also does anyone know like a pre made scrypt which i can use it to edit text files enabling me to edot and read fight data from log
Please tell me how i can add this to script editor and then call it from there on a certain event
We should ask some people around about this. I think there are some people who can help.

Awudajun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu/English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We should ask some people around about this. I think there are some people who can help.
So we create a new forum for different question or wait for someone to help?

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
I was thinking to ask people that look like they know a lot of coding. Like going around and PM-ing everyone. I would've done this but I have some exams so maybe in 2 weeks. If we just wait no one will help. What's wrong with asking,, hey you have any idea of how to do this? If not sorry, excuse me etc.,, ?

Awudajun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu/English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Same; I got IAL exams so ill be free after like 2 months when i can start looking at scripts asking stuff and coding/tutorials

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, i havent thought in a hook MUGEN <> RMMV, even because MUGEN is unavailable for Linux/MAC.

I was thinking in a proper system for MV, perhaps a sightly modified version of LMBS, but with a feel more similar to fighting games.

Awudajun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu/English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a port to Linux but it was WinMugen and the Plus version, the early development of electrobyte's Mugen engine

ItaliaVeneziano1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, i havent thought in a hook MUGEN <> RMMV, even because MUGEN is unavailable for Linux/MAC.

I was thinking in a proper system for MV, perhaps a sightly modified version of LMBS, but with a feel more similar to fighting games.
I can't be certain, but I think it would probably be easier to create the battle system from scratch instead of modifying LMBS, because while it seems some what similar, the mechanics really isn't the same.

However using MUGEN code as a base or inspiration, the sort of converting the code into .js is probably possible.

I have no clue about hooking another software with it though.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
As i stated before, i thought in a new battle system, not a jury-rig to hook with MUGEN and other software (in fact, the only reason i've cited MUGEN here was because i've giving examples of gameplay only, not if the code must be based on it - i dont even know if MUGEN have a license permissive for that).

But are you guys very certain it isnt possible? i have seen several awesome projects which alter drastically the vanilla gameplay in the last years (netplay, action rpg for example), i think it isnt that pain to code (for a skilled scripter).

About the "combos", i thought they could be "equivalents" to techs, so a given key combination would make the character spell the tech instead, with a nice animation.

Jiffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@vico As combat systems are by far one of the most complicated and challenging systems to program, this plugin certainly could be quite a pain on most developers. This one seems quite a bit above the norm for a combat system plugin. One would take quite a bit of time to create. My suggestion to you is to head to the classifieds and pay someone to do this for you.

EDIT: I would also suggest maybe having an edit done of LMBS to achieve the system you want.

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
As @Jiffy says, creating a battle system from scratch is just too crazy. You can modify LMBS, but you,re still gonna pay a lot.

But this ideea of incorporating MUGEN in MV seems a lot less demanding. I wanna thank @Awudajun for the ideea, and hope it will happen.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
bump, tweaked the OP (trying) to clarify the request.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
bump, i still have hope to see this (LMBS is a decent alternative, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for, as this lacks some important details of fighting games like rounds, timers and so on. Anyway, very simplified)...

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Reply... Yeah me too... I tried learning javascript and upgraded Mog,s plugin by adding button combos, but the background plugin is killing me. I also had an ideea about making evolutions, but i dont have the time... Maybe in the winter vacation or next summer... I recommend you learn javascrpit and take a look at the plugin, when you will study it long enough, you,ll understand bits of it, maybe do what you wanna do. That, or raise money to pay someone.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
bump, zero money to hire anyone, and zero time to learn JS, so the topic is still here to any soul willing to make...

KOTC

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
4. Add -log "Logfile.txt" after so that the fight is logged and the data of fight is stored
so i've been trying your method but i have a problem, i can't get it to output a log file, any tips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)
Almost to the finish line!... or the starting... since it's just the demo. :kaomad2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS