File I store weapons skins in not appearing after deployment

SimonWagon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After deploying my game, the file I use with the YEP_WeaponAnimations plugin is not there. When deploying the game, I have to check the exclude unused files for it to even deploy. I suspect that is why the folder is not appearing in the deployed game but I have no idea why my game refuses to deploy unless I use exclude unused files. Any help is appreciated as most threads on this are 4+ years old.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
exclude files in deployment is something you want to avoid.
there is a better software tha does it better though, but the best way
to do it right is to do it manually.

you are the only one which fies are used and which do not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
exclude files in deployment is something you want to avoid.
yes and no.

there is a script command to register required files, but unfortunately most plugin writers do not use it, resulting in the files their plugins need not being included when the option to exclude unused is checked.

the usual workaround on that is to make a map that is inaccessable in the game and include the files in regular events there. That is enough to have the editor register those files as "used by events" and include them even if the exclude unused option is used in deployment

SimonWagon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How would you suggest I use weapon skin/ animation files on a separate map? They’re just the weapon animations but with a different skin.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they're not in one of the standard image folders (or if they're in the system folder, as I don't know of any way to reference a system image from an event), the map solution probably won't work. You could instead try a plugin-based solution. Just add this as a plugin to your project (call it WhateverYouLike.js):

JavaScript:
/*:
@plugindesc Create references to files for the Exclude Unused setting.
@author Solar Flare Games

@param Images
@type file[]
@require 1
@dir img/
@default []

@param Audio
@type file[]
@require 1
@dir audio/
@default []

@param Animations
@type animation
@require 1
@default []

@help
This plugin has no functionality, but allows you to list assets that should be
included by the Exclude Unused Files feature.
*/
Then add a reference to every weapon skin in the plugin's parameters. I don't know how many you have, so it might be a bit tedious, but it should at least get it working.

I also included a list for audio and animation assets, just in case you happen to need that in the future. You can safely ignore it if you don't need it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The other option is to manually remove all the unused resources, then deploy, leaving Exclude Unused Files unchecked.

If you go this way, make sure you take a backup of all your folders first, just in case you remove something that actually IS used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber