Primarily Uses
RMXP
File missing crash Fix
Version 1.0​
by Skitzen​
 ​
 ​
Introduction

This script stops the default game crash when a Graphic, or Audio file are missing, and allows the player to continue on through the game. I looked around for a script like this as I know how annoying it can be to constantly restart every time there is a crash. Did not find any for XP, so I thought I'd give this a try as my first released script. Hope it helps!

Features

- Plug n' play.

- Stops the game from crashing when file is missing.

- Displays message reporting the missing file.

- Allows the player to continue on playing without having to restart.

Screenshots

-Not really needed, but will add in if asked for.

How to use

-Put above main, and below everything else.

-It will let you (or the player) know when you come across any missing files.

Demo

N/A

Script

Version 1.0 - Pastebin

Authors's Notes

This script is free to use in any commercial or non commercial game, but please give credit to where it is due. I ask that you don't repost this script anywhere, it is only for RPGMakerWeb.com.

If you notice any weird bugs, I'd be glad to know about them! This is my first released script and I hope it looks okay! Also if a script like this does exist already for RMXP, I'd love to see it, as I looked everywhere for one previously!

And finally: Enjoy!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 9 things left on the to-do list before my game's next big update. Minus the soul-crushing playtesting session, of course! So close...
Retired from RPG Maker.
Anyone else who initially created a character to be a villain only to end up liking them so much that you made them a hero? :)
Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deamsrs