File problem

SpookyOn3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My server is not liking the files that start with ! $ or any other of those characters. Is there a way of changing these games files so that it will work online otherwise I cannot use these files and the game not working. Any help or how to change the file names?? This is for RPG Maker MZ.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure that it's those signs?
All HTML5-Based games need all filenames to follow networking rules, but ! and $ ARE ALLOWED under those rules.

So either you are not using an FTP to upload, or the error is somewhere else in the filenames.

If you are using a cheap webhoster that utilises a CMS with upload filtering, then this might cause other problems as well, because webhosters that restrict code and FTP access often have other restrictions.

Please tell us what program you use for uploading or what server you use, because the engine requires those letters as trigger signs for specific functions - it is possible to work around $ by making every sprite a full sheet, but the ! is absolutely required and can't be replaced where it is used.

SpookyOn3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My web hosting is Net Solutions and Im using there own FTP file system. If it goes in compressed I cant uncompress them. I have firezilla to use as FTP upload instead. Would that be better?

SpookyOn3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
okay will try that thank you. Yes and I know its the file cause the error is img/characters/!others2.png failed to load. I can see all files but the ones that have the ! $ as the start of file. Hopefully firezilla will fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi