Not open for further replies.

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I made a quick little game and I'm now trying to compress the game and put it on mediafire so people can download my game. Every time I go to compress the game to my desktop it goes through the loading bar. When it finishes this window pops up: 
Is there anything I' doing wrong here? or is this just some random error and I need to restart my computer or something?

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would try a quick restart maybe. If that doesn't work then the problem is definitely something more specific.

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's definitley a more spcific issue. Restarting did nothing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's definitley a more spcific issue. Restarting did nothing.
Which Windows Version do you have, and where do you try to create the game archive?

In many cases that error happens if either the disc space is too low or if the folder where you're trying to save to is restricted for some reason. (try saving to "my documents", that should work, if there is enough free space)

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm running windows 7 ultimate and I was trying to save it to my desktop. I will try and see if compiling to a folder in documents produces different results. Thanks :)

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
By saving it to my documents it worked. I also realise what the problem was. The game file that was saved to my desktop that is created automatically for easy access was under the same name as the project I was trying to "export". It kept failing to compress the game data because of this. So I successfully exported the game file to "my documents" and then changed the name of the folder on my desktop. After that I was able to drag and drop the compressed game folder onto my desktop without any issues. Thanks for the help guys! 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
next time, please don't double post (two posts by the same user without someone else answering between)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

spillycup wrote on Finnuval's profile.
i love u so much! i’m so happy you’re in my life right now :kaocry:
To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
Marquise* wrote on Mrs_Allykat's profile.
Your new logo is sooooo attractive! Feels like those sour liquid candy mixed with the wrapping of the popping candy rocks ones. ^^ It gives flavor and taste to our eyes. ^^
Sorry I couldn't comment before, I relogged here for someone's B-Day yesterday. ((Yeah yeah... been scared got on the throne and all as usual. Being social seems harder than walking now. So sorry to everyone and especially you.))
How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Applegreed