[Filled] Looking for Blinking Face set for two MV actors

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Last request I was looking for "talking" faces for MV actors.

This one is for "Blinking" face sets.

I tried making my own following this tutorial but I couldn't figure out how to get the "base" face lol
I also want to have a more "fluid" blinking so it's not like just like "open" "close" "open" close" kind of animation. Something like the one at the end of this tutorial (post #4):

So I'm looking for

1. Blinking face set (Open, "half-open", Closed). Both eyes blinking at the same time. Not sure if half-open needs one or two frames, I'll leave it up to you.

2. Optionally, deconstructed faces (eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth separated into parts), so it might be easier for me to do edits for other kinds of faces in the future by mixing and matching generator parts

Here are the base pictures that come with the MV

Blinking faces can be used anywhere that faces are displayed (messages, menu, battle, etc)

Last edited:

hayahay

The Lazy One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

the blinking is too slow but you can fix it with timings or removing 1 frame from the blink, I'll send you the layered file after I'm done witht the other character.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

the blinking is too slow but you can fix it with timings or removing 1 frame from the blink, I'll send you the layered file after I'm done witht the other character.
I've been wondering, but do eyebrows normally move (that much) when people blink lol

hayahay

The Lazy One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been wondering, but do eyebrows normally move (that much) when people blink lol
no it doesn't, just a little bit. Just made it that way to show the brows is in different layer too.

Edit: here is the other one.

Last edited:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
no it doesn't, just a little bit. Just made it that way to show the brows is in different layer too.

Edit: here is the other one.
Looks fantastic. Right now the plugin is going to have two animation types

1. Idle - character isn't talking, just blinking
2. Talking - character is talking, blinking optional

So having a sheet that has just the blinking would be good. We can probably have the one with the blinking and talking used as the "Talking" animation since people normally blink also when they talk.

hayahay

The Lazy One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll send you the layered files through DM.

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tsukihime This isn't the plugin thread but I have a question- Can we merge animations? I mean, there can be two sets of animations running:
one set is the mouth and the whole face, talking. And the other are the eyebrows and eyes, blinking.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Tsukihime This isn't the plugin thread but I have a question- Can we merge animations? I mean, there can be two sets of animations running:
one set is the mouth and the whole face, talking. And the other are the eyebrows and eyes, blinking.
The idea is good. Actor face drawing could be split out into different layer (draw base, draw mouth, draw eyes, etc) and then have separate animation indices for each layer. Then you could just mix and match all the different options.

It would also save you on filesize since you can just compose different parts together in-game instead of having full image sizes.

Something that I've considered but not too sure how that would be implemented at this point. For now it's pretty basic usage
Code:
NAME,TYPE,FRAMES
But maybe later on it could be extended to control each individual layer
Code:
NAME,TYPE,[LAYER1 FRAMES], [LAYER2 FRAMES], LAYER3 FRAMES]
and so on. Number of layers is up to you, all that matters is the order they will be drawn. So if you had a complex set-up like maybe one eye blinks at a different rate than the other, or you had like a lot of face markings, you could just have unlimited number of layers specified.

Having the parts separated might be useful for this purpose.

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be really nice! This should work for different sized facesets, right? I've been thinking to change the 144 x 144 to something larger like 250 x 250 for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm hoping to get a call October 1. They should be fully open by then.

With this, all demo dungeon graphics are done.
Eventually I need to make animations...send help.
OcRam demo project is now available at https://ocram-codes.net !!!
mzBaseBody.png added!

Ami
--- Mushroom ---

F.Knight: We runs out the food!
Hero: Anything could eat in this place?
F.Archer: It's a bunch of Mushroom over there. I wonder it's safe to eat.
F.Knight: No worries,we have to fill our inside no matter what it is.
(Hero & F.Knight Eat The Mushroom,After 10 Seconds They Collapse With Foam)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobyde