RMMV Final Fallacy - Open-world Rogue-like RPG

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by eluukkanen, Aug 2, 2019.

1. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Your hardcore 8-bit fantasy rogue-like RPG journey awaits!

[​IMG]

Final Fallacy has adventure beyond desire! You start with group of 3 heroes, and gather your party along the way to face the world! Feel ever more satisfied when you survive deadly encounters with hard-core perma-death system and living breathing world when travelling vast distances and truly taking time to prepare each trip in-game.

You are not just a chosen destined hero, you are a part of world with opportunities and real danger! Earn every victory, and perhaps with enough skill and luck you come out on top, and get your names in history books.

Final Fallacy is re-imagining the stale static RPG formula we have grown to love for some reason. It introduces you to a 8-bit world with this time real permanence and consequence! Every choice matters, and each victory and loss more meaningful than the past, as, if you are not careful, you may lose everything, even your party members!

• Colorful 8-bit World
    • 14 Playable Classes
    • Mix of Story-Driven RPG and Sandbox Elements
    • Mix of a Active and Turn-Based Combat
    • Detailed Open-world
    • 2D Platforming (jump, climb, swim)
    • Start as a Nobody and Climb to the Top
    • Permanent Consequences (Perma-Death)
    • Friend-able Enemies (even bosses)
    • Built for Many Play-styles (good, evil and more)

Final Fallacy is an RPG experience taken to a new level. Features such as perma death, detailed 2D open-world, dynamic environment, and real impact for choices you make, creates a RPG experience like no other!

Be able to befriend creatures you thought to be foes, travel with freedom to choose your path and be the hero, not because the game told you to, but because you truly wish to achieve the unimaginable!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More information coming soon.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    miragewolf likes this.
  2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Looks very cool! I am not usually a fan of retro pixel art, but somehow your screenshots make it look clean, appealing, and lively. Consider me impressed.

Please tell us some more about the kinds of things we will be able to do in Final Fallacy, and what the flow of gameplay is like.

eluukkanen likes this.
  3. eluukkanen

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated information with a synopsis.

I am happy screenshots made a good impression. Interested to see how you react to the game itself!

Wavelength likes this.
  4. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I seem to remember a game sometime back with the same title. It was back in the RM2K3 Days or so. Is this a remake of it?

5. eluukkanen

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nope not a remake. I noticed the one you mention after developing this for quite some time. There is no connection. Final Fallacy (this project) is planned to be released commercially and is made with original resources. In past I have worked on some random rpg maker projects, but for this project I have planned for this over a year, started serious development 6 months ago, worked with an animator and artists and the release of demo is planned around December. Making this game is a full time responsibility for me at the moment.

Jayje likes this.
  6. thedeanreynolds

thedeanreynolds Deficiency Productionz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds cool! What kind of effects does befriending a boss have on the gameworld?

7. eluukkanen

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Good question! Depending on the boss it varies. Basically what it does is that story points have branching paths that they can take. Let's say you impress the ruler of a dungeon and he happens to be a friend of a powerful NPC. Then that NPC in return likes you more outright and that might open a side-quest (example) All NPC's have an opinion of you that changes depending on your actions and this affects every system, their dialogue and possible quests they will give out. In bigger cases they might change story points completely. And yes, this all works., not just a pipe-dream

thedeanreynolds likes this.
  8. alice_gristle

alice_gristle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds super interesting despite the cheesy title! How do you plan to combine sandboxing with story-driven play? Elder Scrolls style?

eluukkanen likes this.
  9. eluukkanen

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The game has similarities to Elder Scrolls games, but has been designed for much more flexible towards players actions, In skyrim, as example, you can only go through main-quest and side-quests with one or two approaches. Final Fallacy is designed for freedom of taking a role in a world that is challenging and ruthless.

Here is our latest update videos on development of gameplay systems.

Now every week I will start posting updates on systems here as summer is over. I will talk about all features in detail with these updates. I want to be 100% certain they work before introducing them in front of your eyes.

alice_gristle likes this.
  10. Korthulhu

Korthulhu Immortan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The name alone got me interested, but this looks great! I could see sinking some hours into this. Looking forward to future updates!

eluukkanen likes this.
  11. eluukkanen

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you for your interest. A new update coming next week.

Korthulhu likes this.
  12. eluukkanen

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Progress Report 1# for Final Fallacy

I have general gameplay systems done in rough state. I could just make the gameplay simple full with specified scripted events here and there (and I would have already something playable), but I wish to work to make all systems such as npc's and discussion, npc interactions more than just a press of a button. Many RPG's approach discussion with the simplest way you could imagine. In real life, however, discussions are like battles sometimes. If you want to get your argument over to the opposing side, you need to have a strategy and be mentally strong. Aside from battle system with swords and shields, the discussion system is something I truly wish to make people enjoy playing with. Imagine being able to beat bosses with arguments and join your side! That is what I am in process of making. That takes a lot of time, but gladly I have that plenty.

There are many ways you can use the discussion system in the game and I want to give a detailed description once its 100% functional. I have 55% of it made. System where each npc thinks uniquely about each players is in place (from scale of -100 to +100). There are some options put in place which you can use to get npc's opinion of yourself higher. Telling about yourself to impress, lie, ask about certain topics, listen the opposing side and so forth. Each NPC has a "personality" which determines which interactions they like and dislike. Aside from that, your actions in the world and acts towards the NPC itself have a huge effect on the liking of the player by npcs.

Anyhow, that is all for today. I am in process of setting up a website and an email list for people interested to keep up with the development.

Thank you reading :kaojoy:

Some New Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]