Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So this is my first time requesting a plugin for MV so I might have to make this post very descriptive and informative So first off I should explain what a licensing board or gambit system is for those who've never played Final Fantasy 12.

Gambits (ガンビット, Ganbitto?) are the functionality of the Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings battle systems. During the game, combat can be controlled manually and programmed via the use of gambits; manually entered commands take precedence and their immediate execution will interrupt gambit programming. The gambit system is similar to the Macro system found in Final Fantasy XI.

latest

As for the license board.

The License Board is the ability system used in Final Fantasy XII, and in the Zodiac versions, forms the basis of the job system. It was created by Hiroyuki Ito, the game's director. The system consists of different tiled boards for each job with hundreds of squares, each square representing an ability, spell, equipment piece or augment. By defeating enemies in battle, characters earn License Points, abbreviated LP. Characters must spend their LP to activate squares on the License Board, granting them access to new abilities and allowing them to equip stronger weapons and armor.

The original License Board is identical for all six characters in the original release, while in the Zodiac versions, differs for each job. Some licenses also cost a different number of license points when compared to the original.

latest

But all these are better based off the Ps4 version of Final Fantasy 12 that being the Zodiac Age. If anyone is able to do any of these please don't hesitate to send me a message so we can discuss the process. This is RPG Maker MV, since it does, in fact, exsist for VX Ace, but I need it for a specific progression in my MV game. I check everywhere for this in MV but have come out empty handed. So thank you for your time for reading this and have a good evening.

Fornoreason1000

Black Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the license board is actually very doable with eventing alone. :p, both versions are.
Augements are the easiest, Weapons and magics are only another step more. the licence board this way is just a map that checks and updates events based on a selected character(just an integer). An autorun event will cause the character to "Move" and prevent any invalid movements. License tiles a just events that start off impassable and become passable when bought allowing the character to access the tile behind them.

The only thing that needs to be added is to make enemies drop LP and the player gain LP.

Gambits however would require a rewrite of the battle system. And most people change the vanilla Battle system. I can kinda make one for the vanilla. but I'll probably take to long. :(

Last edited:

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the license board is actually very doable with eventing alone. :p, both versions are.
Augements are the easiest, Weapons and magics are only another step more. the licence board this way is just a map that checks and updates events based on a selected character(just an integer). An autorun event will cause the character to "Move" and prevent any invalid movements. License tiles a just events that start off impassable and become passable when bought allowing the character to access the tile behind them.

The only thing that needs to be added is to make enemies drop LP and the player gain LP.

Gambits however would require a rewrite of the battle system. And most people change the vanilla Battle system. I can kinda make one for the vanilla. but I'll probably take to long. :(

First off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to reply. And as for the License Board, I didn't really want to do events for it mainly because I already have enough events and I think just adding more will just be one giant headache to keep track of. Which is why I preferred it to be a script just to be a lot less to keep track of and honestly it'd look kinda cool in the menu when selected. As for the gambit system, I don't really mind the long wait honestly, I mean you took the time to discuss this with me when you possibly had something else to do. So I don't mind waiting. Been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for like Eons so this wait is nothing to me.

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to reply. And as for the License Board, I didn't really want to do events for it mainly because I already have enough events and I think just adding more will just be one giant headache to keep track of. Which is why I preferred it to be a script just to be a lot less to keep track of and honestly it'd look kinda cool in the menu when selected. As for the gambit system, I don't really mind the long wait honestly, I mean you took the time to discuss this with me when you possibly had something else to do. So I don't mind waiting. Been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for like Eons so this wait is nothing to me.

But if neither of these are possible any chance of Sphere Grid being possible in any manner?

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Check out my programmable actor AI plugin (link in signature) extension for YEP Battle AI for the gambit system.

It's not exactly what you're after: if an actor is in autobattle you can't give him any commands at all, but AFAIK it's the only one that comes close.
... Now that I think of it you might be able to achieve something like it by having the autobattle flag applied by a state and having the player cast that state on the actor that wants to autobattle, probably as an instant action for best effect. Remove it at end of turn each turn and then you'll have an actor that will autobattle unless told otherwise.

No idea about the sphere grid.

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out my programmable actor AI plugin (link in signature) extension for YEP Battle AI for the gambit system.

It's not exactly what you're after: if an actor is in autobattle you can't give him any commands at all, but AFAIK it's the only one that comes close.
... Now that I think of it you might be able to achieve something like it by having the autobattle flag applied by a state and having the player cast that state on the actor that wants to autobattle, probably as an instant action for best effect. Remove it at end of turn each turn and then you'll have an actor that will autobattle unless told otherwise.

No idea about the sphere grid.
If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for I'll be sure to keep this in mind, thanks.

Fornoreason1000

Black Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well the license grid will be on another map altogether, that how it would work the events are the tiles. Its actually quite simple I've actually got one working now. the most complex part is that each node has its own 10 digit variable that starts off at 9000000000 why 9 billion? well each digit after the 9 represent a character acquisition of that node, if the digit is 1 they have acquired it, if 0 they don't have it. this is bascailly a workign around for no the String variables in MV.

Though the UI is a little clunky it works Exactly the same, if i were scripting this thing, i would have the user. Might as well since i already got it working.

The Sphere grid is more or less the same as the license grid, the only real difference between the two functionally is the sphere grid has designated nodes that get "unlocked" when a node is activated and it cost you Levels to move around on it. the rest is visuals. they aren't as complicated as they look.

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well the license grid will be on another map altogether, that how it would work the events are the tiles. Its actually quite simple I've actually got one working now. the most complex part is that each node has its own 10 digit variable that starts off at 9000000000 why 9 billion? well each digit after the 9 represent a character acquisition of that node, if the digit is 1 they have acquired it, if 0 they don't have it. this is bascailly a workign around for no the String variables in MV.

Though the UI is a little clunky it works Exactly the same, if i were scripting this thing, i would have the user. Might as well since i already got it working.

The Sphere grid is more or less the same as the license grid, the only real difference between the two functionally is the sphere grid has designated nodes that get "unlocked" when a node is activated and it cost you Levels to move around on it. the rest is visuals. they aren't as complicated as they look.

Maybe these will help they're the VX Sphere Grid, Gambit System, and License Board by Crystal Engine. Would these be of any use as a possible template?

Sphere Grid: https://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/crystal-engine-sphere-grid/

License Board: https://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/crystal-engine-licence-board/

Gambit System: https://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/gambit-system/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Whelp, it's been a while. Had another retina surgery on april 1st on my left eye. Well, 4 time's the charm, right? *recovery mode on*
The next JABS update will include ally AI and an aggro system.

Question:
What would YOU expect to happen if you had four+ party members in an ABS, all fighting either together or separately or a mix of the two, and the player hits "swap leader" button?
It currently pulls all followers to the player's location, removes all aggro towards enemies, and swaps them.
Time to wear a new face again...

Should keep things interesting huh? @EpicFILE :p
unknown.png

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.
Did you had some minor hitches with RMMZ? Come report to my topic where I did the same! [Just another rant from a RM veteran + Suggestions and Solutions] All opinions are welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrXGB