Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I am currently gathering members for the Dev team I am assembling and have yet to find someone who can test/rebalance enemies. I am willing to offer to play test anyone's game and give criticism in return (if desired). We are currently a small team, but would be more than happy to have another member working with us! Even if you aren't good at testing and would still like to play a role please let me know :)

My project is a fan game known as Final Fantasy A New Beginning. Here is the synopsis:

Overview

This project takes heavy inspiration from classic Final Fantasy titles (I-VI); featuring the ATB system, rows, classes, and more! Each character is assigned a certain class and most learn skills at set levels similar to Final Fantasy IV and VI, this game does not feature a changeable job system such as that of Final Fantasy III or V. Emphasis is instead placed upon designing the game to resemble the original concept of Final Fantasy with a developed cast of characters and an engaging story. This project is still in it's alpha stage and as such still has much work to be done so expect updates soon!

title.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LuLingqi1

A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there! I would love to be your tester/rebalance.

It's not much credentials wise, but I've playtested my own enemies in my game atleast 200+ times now, and on the very first enemy in my game that you encounter, I've had to play test and rebalance him, and essentially the whole game, about three times!

So could I be your tester/rebalancer?

Although, I must let you know, you can't simply rebalance the enemies! If it isn't too intrusive, I would also like to be able to have input on character balancing. For example, on my first run through in my game, I learned my character was too strong, so I buffed the enemy. The enemy was a lot stronger now, but my character could easily delete him by spamming abilities due to low mana costs and high damage outputs. So I had to fiddle with her a bit more.

Let me know if the spot's still open!

LuLingqi1

A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep! It's AaronIsADorkyNerd. Send me a request and we can talk there!

zephyrrx15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aye, Spindaboy!

I am a long time Final Fantasy and RPG fan. So I would be extremely honored to lend my help in this fan game of yours. I can map, make various different complex events, know my way around balancing the meta, making quests, etc. I have been using RPG Maker for the longest time and I am extremely flexible. I can work on RPG Maker XP, VX, VX Ace, MV, you name it. I'd love to be a part of this team and have a blast making an awesome game :D

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aye, Spindaboy!

I am a long time Final Fantasy and RPG fan. So I would be extremely honored to lend my help in this fan game of yours. I can map, make various different complex events, know my way around balancing the meta, making quests, etc. I have been using RPG Maker for the longest time and I am extremely flexible. I can work on RPG Maker XP, VX, VX Ace, MV, you name it. I'd love to be a part of this team and have a blast making an awesome game :D

We would be honored to have you on the team! Do you by chance have a Skype?

Membou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you are still looking for help with testing or other assistance, I'd love to be a part of something like this. I wouldn't say I'm a master at anything within the program, but I like to dabble in multiple facets of design, game balance, eventing, or just giving my honest opinion on things. :)  The biggest thing is I'd love to learn more about how other people work within the program, and grow as a developer. I don't often stay logged into Skype, but my name is hiroakizero1. I live in Central Time USA, so if there is a certain time your team is meeting, feel free to PM me here as well and I can log on at that time.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are still looking for help with testing or other assistance, I'd love to be a part of something like this. I wouldn't say I'm a master at anything within the program, but I like to dabble in multiple facets of design, game balance, eventing, or just giving my honest opinion on things. :)  The biggest thing is I'd love to learn more about how other people work within the program, and grow as a developer. I don't often stay logged into Skype, but my name is hiroakizero1. I live in Central Time USA, so if there is a certain time your team is meeting, feel free to PM me here as well and I can log on at that time.

I've sent you a request on Skype : )

zephyrrx15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We would be honored to have you on the team! Do you by chance have a Skype?

Yes I do indeed have a Skype, it's daD3ADLYMEISTER. You can contact me on there and I'll reply as soon as I can. :D

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I do indeed have a Skype, it's daD3ADLYMEISTER. You can contact me on there and I'll reply as soon as I can. :D

Are you still interested in being a part of the team?

MJFennersK

Gamer/Designer/Developer/Youtuber
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @Spindaboy, I'm interested in being a tester/balancer for your fan game. I've been a massive fan of the Final Fantasy series since my uncle first introduced me to RPG's!

I'm also open to any other positions you may have on your team, let me know if you need any more help! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daldantas