Final Fantasy Record Keeper Skill System

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Twitch, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:24 AM.

1. Twitch

Twitch Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have been browsing lots of different plugins and I was wondering if it was possible to recreate FFRK's skill system.

1) Skills have a set number of uses in battle, instead of using MP
    2) Each class can only use certain types of skills (Black Mage can only use Black Magic, White Mage can only use White Magic, Red Mage can use both)
    3) Some classes can use more powerful skills than others (White Mage can use 3* White Magic, Cleric can use 5* White Magic)
    4) Skills are created from obtained items (Cure needs 2 white orbs to create)
    5) Skills can be upgraded to have more uses
    6) Created skills go into a "pool" so that any party member that can use the skill may equip it

I know how to do 1) with Yanfly plugins, but I am unsure how to do the rest. Thank you in advance!

2. Starsinger

Starsinger Villager

First Language:
    English
    Okay, sticking with Yanfly plugins, to do this you could use: YEP.10 Equip Core, YEP.53 Shop Menu Core, YEP.56 Limited Skill Uses, YEP.60 More Currencies, and YEP.75 Equip Requirements.

So what you would want to do is create X (assuming 5) versions of each skill (frustrating, but copy and paste will be your friend here). And the only difference is each rank has more uses from Limited Skill Uses, Cure 1 would have 4 uses (assuming a direct translation of FFRK here), Cure 2 would have 6 uses, Cure 3 would have 8 uses, Cure 4 would have 10 uses, and Cure 5 would have 12 uses.

Then you would give each character/class 2 (more if you aren't directly translating FFRK's skill system) "Ability" equip slots with Equip Core. In the database create 5 armor type items of the Ability slot type per skill. All these items do is add the equivalent ability via trait to the character. So Cure 1 (armor) adds the Cure 1 (skill) to the character equipping them. Using Equip Requirements you can set which classes are allowed to equip each armor. So you could designate which skills are for Black Mages, which are for Red Mages, etc.

Using the Shop Menu Core and More Currencies, you would create a shop (ideally via common event so you can call it with a menu command, using Yanfly's Menu Manager if you wanted it in the menu OR just for ease of merchants) and have the items cost what you want them to cost in orbs (set up Orbs as more currencies, or you can just have Orbs be items you pick up, your call) and anything else you want them to cost (Gil, Crystals like the 6* abilities from Nightmare Dungeons). For a skill of r2 or higher, you also want to make it sure it costs the same skill at a lower rank. So to purchase Cure 2, you would set it up to cost a Cure 1, along with the orb and possibly other costs.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing this too... But that should definitely achieve the results you want.

Twitch and Frogboy like this.
  3. Twitch

Twitch Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Starsinger thank you, I actually follow and understand all of that. That is most helpful, thank you!

4. Starsinger

Starsinger Villager

First Language:
    English
    @Twitch You're welcome! I was a little worried that I wasn't super coherent with it, but I'm glad you followed it and that I could help!

5. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Twitch likes this.
  6. Twitch

Twitch Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    True, but the only issue I see is that a skill cannot be shared/equipped by different party members.

7. Starsinger

Starsinger Villager

First Language:
    English
    Right, the shared pool aspect is why it ultimately would work better as equips.