Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Awesome and yet so sluggish game all in one. Any kind of scroll bar use is challenge in that game as it doesn't work right when it comes to overall performance.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This game is giving me so many feelings all at once, I might explode!

*Swoooon*

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
although giving bonus stats etc for characters that are in their own realm is a bit restricting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That would be my only current gripe with the game in all honesty. But I guess it's a good way to get you to level up all of your units instead of just using the same ones for everything. *shrug*

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Later on you want to choose what enemies you target so auto-combat isn't really that good idea, unless you treat it as "grinding mode." Especially if those bosses retain their mechanics like putting your guys to water bubbles.

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having fun playing this game. And like above, I also get a surge of memories. :3

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I wonder if the game is so good because they wanted to clear their image after that disaster known as All the Bravest. I can almost guarantee it did hurt their mobile and tablet market. I wouldn't be surprised if ATB was the rushed version of that game (alpha sold as a finished product.)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever the reason why they did it, it's a pretty fun game...and I can't wait to get more characters to make fun parties, like an all ninja one(shadow+yuffie+edge, anyone?). And the battles are fun and generally well babalnced.

That said, let me complain a little bit:

- Anyone else has experienced graphical glitches in battles if they don't complete a dungeon in one run or is it just me?

- Vargas' wind slash, while not gamebreaking, felt pretty overpowered and makes him much harder than bosses in stages that were tagged with a higher difficulty value.

- After clearing the South Figaro cave, the game stops progressing: a window pops up saying that more dungeons will become available later. :(

- I'm starting to tackle the elite dungeons now, but they're crazy: 12+endurance per battle, and the bosses, while not much harder than vanilla are true damage sponges.

EDIT: After the first two, they get more difficult, 900+ damage to a mage difficult.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I like when tablet game actually saves what you have bought on server side so that you don't lose a save and suddenly be expected to pay again for the same content.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I was quite a bit surprised at this game, in a good way.....buuut, its really slow :( , and sometimes unresponsive to me, and im playing on a tablet that plays FF5 and Minecraft PE VERY well. Need some tune ups....also, is this game backed by Square Enix? It said that the company that brought it to android was DeNA Corp.... so, i thought that was odd.  

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes it is an official title, Square Enix even advertised it.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Yes it is an official title, Square Enix even advertised it.
Well, I'm glad they did something to make up for their ATB sin.... :)

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, I'm glad they did something to make up for their ATB sin.... :)
Yeah but if I remember right, they basically outsourced it (made a deal with third party development team.)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The game is certainly nostalgic, you have the sprites, the classic songs and even bosses that act like they did the first time around. If you are a long time Final Fantasy fan there is a lot to enjoy. That being said this game is still a mobile game and you have to deal with the stamina system which at first isn't too much of an issue, you don't notice it until you get to the latter and elite missions. You can use mythril of course to restore stamina but if you are trying to play the game for free you will probably save your mythril for rare relic draws.

Offering a boost for equipment or characters used in their native realm is an interesting idea as it can help make up for weaknesses or lower levels, although at the same time if you lack that equipment or don't want to use that character you feel like you are missing out on something.

So far a decent amount of characters from the games have been recruitable for free or with effort; Cloud, Tidus, Sephiroth, Tifa, Wakka, Kain, Rydia. I'm a little disappointed though that I've played through levels like ff 6 or ff 5 and haven't gotten any of those characters. I see Cyan is going to be available soon which is nice but I'm concerned about the availability of main characters. Are they going to try and get you to purchase characters like Cecil, Bartz and Terra while only making the lesser party members recruitable?

Also I'm growing tired of Square's advertising tactics (although I don't know for sure if they made the trailer or not) as the trailer for the game is quite misleading it heavily makes it seem that you can watch the key moments from the games you are relieving. They've done misleading things in the past like when they put Lightning on the cover of FF XIII-2 when she isn't really playable in the game apart from a later dlc download.

Over all I enjoy the game and it is a good way to kill some time quickly throw the game on auto-battle and go through a few encounters then get to a boss and take control for the more interesting and challenging parts. 

Cozzer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I think they're releasing this bit by bit, but by the end all major characters will be available.

Probably a lot of popular characters will be prizes for event dungeons, like Tifa is now.

I'm playing this during downtime at work, and it's pretty fun for a stamina-based portable game. I've got my guys at about level 18 and slowly crawling up the Shinra Skyscraper event.

Omega Weapon

AKA Laura
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Though I still want to know: Can you suplex a train in this game?

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Okay, three days should have been passed so here's another comment.

I recently did hit the grind wall (or a paywall as is often case with F2P games.)

I don't generally pay for consumables or continues so I will take it slow. I was wise enough to save my free to play currency to relic draws.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<3

oYsDiCW.png

Could live without the "th" though. :p

Also, did you guys see the announcement that they -slightly- lowered the difficulty of the elite bosses?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin