Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Orb Conversion is out! Yayifications!

First things I did today:

- Shattered my useless 1star and 2star abilities and duplicate abilities I got from events.

- Honed all Life Siphons to R4 (3 of them).

- Made Curaja R5.

- Honed all my -aja's to R4.

- Maduin to R4.

Still have plenty of orbs to spare! Though, my gosh. My gil actually took a dive...

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I-I'm dead broke... horribly so... But I got 1 Lifesiphon to Rank 3 and Armour Breakdown to Rank 2 (it's the only Breakdown at Rank 1), so yay? I also manage to make some other 4 star abilities but I'm back to square one in terms of making Full Break...

Now the question now is: How does one farm Major Orbs without being ludicrously rich? It's 50,000 to turn 10 Greaters into 1 Major. To get 10 Major via that method, you're literally spending 1 million Gil! o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Posted in wrong place, wooops hehe.

Ignore the Ammy

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did a 3 draw the other day and got Seph"s unique weapon that gives him Black Materia. Is that good? My brother was a little jealous over it.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I did a 3 draw the other day and got Seph"s unique weapon that gives him Black Materia. Is that good? My brother was a little jealous over it.

There was a guy on the FFRK reddit who spent over $1200 real money just to pull it...

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There was a guy on the FFRK reddit who spent over $1200 real money just to pull it...

Oh wow. I have Sephiroth at level 37 and he does more damage than my level 50 Fang who has a 5 star sword. My brother also told me his friend at work spent over $50 and still never got it. Truthfully I wasn't even trying for it, I wanted Yuffie's Shuriken.

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damage-wise it's the best SSB in the game, arguably the best weapon in the game. I'd be jealous too but I'm happy i got Squall's SSB, almost as good as Sephiroth's.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would also say that Squall's SSB is a close second. To truly complete with Sephy's it needs a secondary effect like Black Materia. What do you think the best RMs for a physical DPS, Mage, Speed and Support? 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I would also say that Squall's SSB is a close second. To truly complete with Sephy's it needs a secondary effect like Black Materia. What do you think the best RMs for a physical DPS, Mage, Speed and Support? 

Physical DPS - Dragoon's Determination, Self Sacrifice, Pride of the Red Wings

Magical DPS - Devotion, Witch of Succession

Speed - Nothing really unless you want to throw an auto-haste on it. Not really recommending it since Celerity is a pretty weak skillset currently.

Support - Doctor Mog's Teachings or Mako Might if you have a good support relic. Otherwise, Auto-Haste.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did a x3 draw and got three crummy shields. And then got a second copy of one of those crummy shields from the daily draw. Woohoo. So I guess Josef gets to stick around for a while longer.

(When you think about it, running around wearing nothing but a shield should get automatic relic synergy in FFII.)

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i love this game.... though some how i ended up with a full on FF4 team (golbez, P.Cecil, Dk.Cecil, rydia, rosa)...... i guess i will have to wait til i get sethiroth to switch out Dk.Cecil for.....

also meteor and bahamut are way to expensive to upgrade.... T_T but totally worth it

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly: Seems I'm set for Magical DPS then, I assume Pride of the Red Wings is Dark Cecil's second RM? Also, what does the Speed stat actually do? Level I've noticed is the determining factor in ATB charge time, my Lv70 Cloud is faster than my Lv54 Kain who is miles faster stat wise.

@Einherijar: Have you tried creating/ honing Valefor? It's essentially a cheaper Bahamut, the damage multiplier isn't that big since most of the time you'll be dealing 9999 with either. Plus you can use those Major orbs for other abilities like Full Break :3

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
That's actually his third Record Material. You need to get his second one and then double Level Break him before it becomes available for dropping. As far as the speed stat, it increases how fast the ATB fills up (not the action gauge). Or at least, it should...

Sephiroth's BSB has been revealed! http://imgur.com/a/OSr25

True Form Masamune, BSB name: Reunion. 4 hit physical AoE.

Attack-Replacement-Skill: 2x Single-target attack ignoring Defence

Guard-Replacement-Skill: 4x Single-target Fire/Non-elemental attack

Though, one of the things I should note here isn't so much the BSB, but the fact there are three SSB's on one banner, which kinda hints at the power creep FFRK is going through. And while that impacts the game, I think it should impact our decision making when pulling for powerful offensive relics. In a game where powerful offense relics get replaced, you may find more mileage out of not pulling specifically for them, but instead, pulling for high utility relics. If you get an offensive relic at the side, that's wonderful. If not, no big deal since there will be more of them down the line.

On the other hand, utility relics have withstood the test of time for the most part. Sentinel Grimoire, Stoneskin 2, Hymn of the Faith, etc. are still used today. Even though Sazh's Boon got one-upped by SSB's variants of it, it doesn't detract from the fact it is still a useful Soul Break to use if you ever have Sazh on your team. This is unlike Cloud's offensive soul breaks: Braver got replaced by Cross Slash, which got replaced by Blade Beam, which got replaced by Fenrir Drive. You would never use one of those previous Soul Breaks. Utility characters, on the other hand, will always give you a bit of mileage. All Aerith's various Soul Breaks remain useful to this day as hers are all utility for the most part.

Aerith's blood on that Masamune though... ;A;

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ugh. After getting Quina and Beatrix I have no Idea what to do. I like pretty much every character in the game and there is only 5 slots. 

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well i have rydia with meteor and bahamut (both upgraded twice) and her mist whip (fully upgraded), golbez with a 5 star rod(FFIV) (seriously cant remember the name) meteor and flare also both upgraded twice, and rosa has curaja and holy only upgraded once and a 5 star bow with higher spirit then the healing staff i have.... also cant remember the name but fully upgraded

the twin cecils..... i have genji armor and P.Cecil's 5 star weapon, while Dk.Cecil has excalibur.... i have sethiroth's SSB and gonna be getting sethiroth soon..... is he worth swapping my Dk.Cecil out for? i hear he has better dps then Dk.Cecil....

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sephiroth is by far the best damage dealer in the game. Highest ATK stat, best SSB, (I think) the strongest weapon and best user of meta/reta (if you're into that).Dark Cecil comes close, but he matches Cloud and Squall at Lv80, both of which have MUCH more use and versatility.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
is he worth swapping my Dk.Cecil out for?

Once you get his MCII, yeah, Especially when boss doesn't have resistance to sap.

This is unlike Cloud's offensive soul breaks: Braver got replaced by Cross Slash, which got replaced by Blade Beam, which got replaced by Fenrir Drive.

I agree with you. That's why it doesn't make sense to answer questions like "who is the best character in the game", "who is the strongest one", "who should I take in my team", etc, that some people ask from time to time.  It's all very situation.  It's depends on what 5*relics and SB you have. What event/dungeon you need to complete. What abilities do you have. What strategy do you like to use. What lvl of your characters and did you get MC and MCII.

Personally, I always have Tyro (wall), Yuna (AoE Heal) and Red XIII (Protectga+Hastega) or Sazh (Shellga + Hastega) in my team for 140+ events and dungeons. Two left places depends on particular dungeon and upcoming boss. They always different and almost always from synergy realm. It doesn't matter if they have unique SB or not.

Fight against Beatrix was the hardest one. Hardcore combination of AoE sap + Climhazzard (Reduce HP to 1 for every character). But eventually I was able to win.

My favorite strategy helped me again. Trio of SB + Planet Protector as roaming SB + Full Break + Armor Breakdown. I used the best abilities by the end of battle (she is much stronger and looks faster when her HP less than 40%). I didn't use AoE heal after first Climhazzard, I used drain strike, HP steal and Curaja to heal everyone until she used stock ability. Only then, after sap, it was time to use AoE heal (regen removes sap).  Still, the fight was very hard and unpredictable by the end of it. Can't win without good luck.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Square_art: 5 man party of Retaliate cheeses Beatrix Ultimate. I've seen it, absolute madness...

This Orb Rush event couldn't have come at a better time! I was SEVERELY underleveled and under prepared for FF12 Tiamat bonus. But I threw my mythril to keep going and going. Almost maxed out all the FF12 character's levels, got Ruinga and Quake to Rank 4 and created and honed a second Tempo Flurry to Rank 3. After I push up Ashe and Penelo's level some more, Tiamat and Fran's MCII are MINE! 

Orb Conversion is quite literally the ultimate blessing...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.
If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...
What started as 1 RPG in development on the Nintendo DS, turned into 4 RPGs in development (1 on VX and 3 on VX Ace). Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen