Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian I agree about orb conversion and orb rush!

I never liked Retaliate) I heard about 5 man party of retaliate strategy against Beatrix, but I didn't try it. Just shared strategy that worked for me)

Keep saving mythril for Orb Festival that is coming in about 3-4 weeks. I hope it's going to be the same as Orb Rush, but for many days and for all sorts of orbs. I was able to collect all available characters, all MCII, all MCI except 5 (that I'm going to get soon)). And all my characters already 50+ lvl, most of them 60+ lvl. I expect to get level cap for all of them during upcoming orb festival) Even considering that we are going to get 8 more MCII.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I still need to get A LOT of characters to level 50. I realised that I have ZERO FF3 synergy, when going into the core dungeons I had a fair amount of trouble... record synergy really does make dungeons a whole lot easier (levelling up the FF3 squad for the last hours of Orb Rush). 

I don't have a lot of MCI left to get and I'm just missing Sephiroth and Squall's MCII, literally JUST got Fran's 10 minutes ago (even at max levels that fight was way too stressful, and Balthier is woefully underwhelming -_-). Plus if I'm not mistaken Terra is the next to get her MCII right?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If Orb Conversion hadn't come along, I would have dropped the game back at Dollet and the X-ATM092.

Orb Rush has been very good for me. Would have been nice to have the Memory Crystals for Cloud, Josef, and Lightning, but for now I'm training up some new noobs (Yuna, Edward, Luneth, and Balthier) for the mythril and eventual level-breaking.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If Orb Conversion hadn't come along, I would have dropped the game back at Dollet and the X-ATM092.

Orb Rush has been very good for me. Would have been nice to have the Memory Crystals for Cloud, Josef, and Lightning, but for now I'm training up some new noobs (Yuna, Edward, Luneth, and Balthier) for the mythril and eventual level-breaking.

Come February 17th or so, the quest system will be revamped. The prizes will be empty Memory Crystals that allow you to pick who you want them for. :)

However, I don't recommend getting the MC for Cloud yet, since the 27th will have the Advent Children event where you'll most likely get another copy of Cloud's MC and MC2.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
However, I don't recommend getting the MC for Cloud yet, since the 27th will have the Advent Children event where you'll most likely get another copy of Cloud's MC and MC2.

Also Gapra Whitewood Elite. (Gee, what a perfect time to have Attunement II for Tyro and three Level 50 spellbladers. >XD)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Also Gapra Whitewood Elite. (Gee, what a perfect time to have Attunement II for Tyro and three Level 50 spellbladers. >XD)

In my experience, Attunement II is overkill. Most spellbladers when hitting an elemental weakness should already hit the damage cap. Haha. You should go for an auto-haste instead so that way they have more DPS.

On another note, next weekend is probably the Power/White, Lightning, Wind Orbfest. I'm thinking about dumping 50 Mythril on that. I need to get my fourth Life Siphon to R4. @w@

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In my experience, Attunement II is overkill. Most spellbladers when hitting an elemental weakness should already hit the damage cap. Haha. You should go for an auto-haste instead so that way they have more DPS.

My spellbladers are fine. Tyro, on the other hand, needs all the darn help he can get. I do have Balthier's auto-haste, and I'll probably get a few noobs up to 50 next weekend. Yay grinding!

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Power/White, Lightning, Wind Orbfest.

THIS. I need a way to farm Mythril. And FAST. I spent around 15 for the Orb Rush just gone and I really, REALLY need Wind Orbs (why do so many abilities need Wind Orbs??).

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
My spellbladers are fine. Tyro, on the other hand, needs all the darn help he can get. I do have Balthier's auto-haste, and I'll probably get a few noobs up to 50 next weekend. Yay grinding!

A neat trick I've learned is you can use Tyro with Spellblade + Steal Power. Steal Power is a self ATK-boost and applies Power Breakdown to the enemy foe, too, which is extremely good. That's usually enough to bring Tyro to cap on damage with spellblades. Though, at that point, it'd be better to use Tempo Flurry + Steal Power because you can do more than 9999 damage and have 2x chances to apply slow, too.

THIS. I need a way to farm Mythril. And FAST. I spent around 15 for the Orb Rush just gone and I really, REALLY need Wind Orbs (why do so many abilities need Wind Orbs??).

Wish I knew. It's the same for Major Wind Orbs later, too. :/ So I can't exactly convert those Major Wind Orbs into Greater Wind Orbs without losing something as well. I'm starved on Greater Ice Orbs, too, although that's partially due to me overdosing on Life Siphon.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Though at this point to be completely honest I'm really starved for Full Break. Before Orb Conversion, I was only 5 Major Power Orbs away. But now? I'm practically at the start again... With a Lv66 Fran and a Lv50 Red XIII (who can break the 65 limit), I could really do with Full Break, so I can add another slot for abilities and not have to rely on Fran all the time for my go to support.

One more thing, is Fat Chocobo that good? I got it to Rank 3 because I could because Orb Rush was spoiling me for Major and Greater Orbs. I mean it hits twice and when my Lv41 Arc summoned him-- it felt pretty underwhelming. Adorable but, underwhelming...

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Though at this point to be completely honest I'm really starved for Full Break. Before Orb Conversion, I was only 5 Major Power Orbs away. But now? I'm practically at the start again... With a Lv66 Fran and a Lv50 Red XIII (who can break the 65 limit), I could really do with Full Break, so I can add another slot for abilities and not have to rely on Fran all the time for my go to support.

One more thing, is Fat Chocobo that good? I got it to Rank 3 because I could because Orb Rush was spoiling me for Major and Greater Orbs. I mean it hits twice and when my Lv41 Arc summoned him-- it felt pretty underwhelming. Adorable but, underwhelming...

I personally left it at Rank 1 for collector's value. The 2 hit is nice but only if you're able to deal over 5000 per hit with it. Otherwise, you're better off using powerful neutral Summons like Valefor and Maduin instead.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I have Valefor R4 and Bahamut R2. As we know, we are going to get double-hit for all summons except week ones in about 4-5 months. Both Valefor and Bahamut have non-elemental type of damage. Thus, they can wipe out all sorts of mobs. With summoner record materia, that allows you to restore 1 ability use for each slot, it makes dungeon completion way much easier.

Fat Chocobo looks fine now. But it's earth element after all. It won't work against many mobs. I recommend to disassemble it.  

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sick if the relic draw system. I just did 2 eleven pulls. I got 16 3 star weapons and 6 4 star weapons. Not one armor, not one 5 star item. This sucks so much after this happened for the 2nd time now. i know it's just bad luck but i'm really thinking of quitting because of it...

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was pretty darn disappointed not to get anything good from the last FFXIII event, too. (I did get a Bladed Lance and a Ninja Suit, but I had at least wanted a Soul Break relic.)

I did get my first unique-SB relic from a draw a few days ago. I was hoping for Terra or Kefka's relics, or just anything good for a black mage since the best I have is the Stormlance Grimoire. So I did a 3x draw, a rainbow orb came up...and I got Edgar's Drill. I shouldn't complain, but seriously, the most boring SB there and I get it.

(In retrospect though, Edgar has the best "ready" pose in FFVI.)

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa I know how it feels(

i hope you get over it without FFRK deletion. 

6 4 stars weapons are not that bad. I use 4 stars often in synergy realms. After all, you can combine it to 6 stars weapon potentially. 

@lilyWhite, SSB are good, BSSB are better. Few people spend over 400$ to get a specific weapon/armor. Do not expect to get something very specific by trying one or few eleven pulls. What you got is great result after all.

Guys, I remember about upcoming orb festival once again. Better banners and the reason to restore stamina many times. Be prepared. 

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Square_art Yeah, the thing is i have heaps of 4 star weapons (and upgraded up to 6) but i barely have any good armor. i'll get back to the game after a small break.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll probably be the first to say this, but those 3-stars and 4-stars can be blessings. A 3++ item with realm synergy is usually stronger than a 5 star item without. 5-star items, currently exist to me as a way for certain characters to acquire a Soul Break and master it. After that, they'll collect dust until it's time to use them within their own realm. My strongest items are currently 4++ items when there's realm synergy and throwing them onto Tyro turns him into a beastly killing machine. I'm still looking for another 4-star Crystal Helm for my FF6 synergy. ;A; But I can't seem to get a hold of any more...

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Speaking of 3 and 4 star weapons and armour, do you think there's still some sort of bias in the realms? Apart from the Gaia Robe I have ZERO FF3 realm synergy which makes them extremely difficult as opposed to FF6 and FF13 to which is ridiculously high in synergy for me. Apart from one sword (that I sold months ago) I've never gotten any worthwhile pieces of FF3 gear.

EDIT:

Sooo, I decided to look and see a couple of skills that the JPN version of FFRK have and well... I have no words, just have your Major Orbs ready.

HAHAHAA_zpsagdxu8fu.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian  There is always a bias in the realms :)

Different ones for different users :) I have no 5* for FFVIII, but more than 7 for FFVII and about 5-6 not combined 5* weapons for FFX. During last orb fest I spent about 250 mythrl to get any FFVIII weapon, and got none of them (I posted the result in this topic).

But anyway. i was able to complete all the dungeons and beat all event bosses during last 3-4 months (have been playing for about 6 months by now).

Great news. We have weekend rush again! 

Guys, let me know if you need an advice or tips how to beat any boss in this game.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So who's having fun with the Weekend Orb Rush? With the advent of Stamina Overflow we can go constantly without having to worry about any unspent stamina while ploughing through dungeons! Plus I pulled my first 5* FFX relic (Variable Steel), a Magus Rod FFVI (my synergy with 6 is ridiculous xD) and Krile's Magus Rod FFV meaning I now have Wind Drake's Roar~ Going to get as many characters to Lv50-65 as I can.

Also the new quest system is lovely, I logged on to find 10 mythril thrown at me. All these Wind Orbs in my inventory... oh man it feels SOO good!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension
Sherriff: This permit you're renewing expired two months ago, you haven't been concealing illegally have you?

Me, remembering the sheriff was at the range with me a couple weeks ago and unsure if he'd noted me draw from IWB: I plead the fifth.
Stardew Valley's ConcernedApe announced their new game with a teaser. Hyped. It gave me some ideas to think about for the games I'm going to make as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacpurg