gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, i'm harvesting orbs, mythril and levels like crazy at the moment!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Orbfest weekend was great. Leveled up Squall, Rinoa, and Terra to 80, as well as a few of the characters with an upcoming MC2 to 65 so I can double-level cap break them right away. It was so boring though. I was ready to spend 50 Mythril on refreshes but ended up doing only around 25 or so (lost count). Got myself a handful of Major Orbs, too, so it's all good~

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I spent most of my time getting most of my characters to Lv65 rather than pushing the others to Lv80. Completely forgot to level Dark Cecil though so I'm a tad annoyed about that. I spent around 32-35 Mythril and boy the grind was real. But at least I'm not high and dry on Wind Orbs. All I need now is to harvest Power Orbs...

But, all my FF5 characters are maxed out (apart from Lenna who need to hit Lv80) and boy, those bonus battles were intense! I managed to nab Mirror of Equity and Flashing Blade! The boss fight with Phobos and co was intense... I'm glad I brought Yuna as a summoner because let me just say; "DON'T MESS WITH CHOCO BONK!!" xD I couldn't do the Ultimate though since I was lacking a few hones and -aga spells won't cut it.

For the FF10 event (that Sin fight felt epic :3), I managed to pull Jecht's Sin Talon right off the bat before I even got him!~ So broke his level cap and is a better candidate for Life Siphon + Ace Striker combo than his son (Tidus is still stuck with Delay Attack).

Also, after I create Full Break what 5* abilities should I aim for; Meteor, Barrage or Mug Time?

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I spent about 15 mythril, not more. Saving most of it for Power and Summon orbs! Plus, Weekend Orb Rush should not affect planned "Orb Festival II" (I believe so!), which is coming soon.

@Chaos Avian sounds great! Congrts on defeating +++ boss, creating Full Break ability and pulling a cool sword! 

I wouldn't advise to create abilities such as Meteor, Barrage and Mug Time.

Use Summons and Ruinga as AoE spells. Plus, by some point (maybe already) you will get AoE Soul Breaks. Plus, there are some 4* AoE combat and samurai abilities. Meteor is unnecessary luxury, that was cool few months ago and now is used only by those who created it before, or those who simply loves the fact that it's a classic super powerful final fantasy spell :) 

Barrage is outclassed in JP version of the game by another very similar ability. 

Usually it's more rational just to use Life Siphon and strong SB. In addition, it will not be helpful against bosses with full break resistance (null).

I have it as R1 and thinking to disassemble it to get some orbs :)

Mug time. Not many strong bosses are vulnerable to slow. By some point you will get Hastega SB. It affects all characters in the team. Single haste is not very helpful. 

If you have someone strong and fast who can you use 5* thief ability, I advise to wait for Thief's Raid (nice damage, good potential, self healing).

I don't know what we are going to have sooner, Orb festival II or next weekend rush. Either way, we are going to have an opportunity to farm summon orbs very soon!

Bahamut is great ability to create.

And yeah. Since we can convert orbs, there are many good 4* abilities are worthy to look at and create!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
You'll want to avoid creating 5* abilities altogether from this point onward. The only one worth creating is Full Break. Honing it to R2 is top priority IMO as it enables you to mitigate damage heavily in Ultimate fights. Starting from this last event onward, you'll be getting 5* abilities for free that just simply top everything else that already exists as a 5* with the exception of Full Break. 

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh right, right. And I haven't created Full Break yet. I just need 8 more Major Power Orbs, I have the necessary Thunder and Ice ones though. I'm actually going through the classic dungeons right now hunting for Greater Blacks ad Greater/ Major Powers. My only notable AoE skills are Ruinga R4, Quake R4, Valefor R2, Fat Chocobo R3, Dark Moon R1 and Kick(?) R2. As for SBs I have The Sending, Jecht Beam, Trance Fira, Wind Drake's Roar, Radiant Breath, Pulsaar Burst and Mirage Dive (Though Grand Cross would be an AMAZING PULL).

Apart from Steal Power and a lesser extent Steal Defence, Thief abilities are pretty underwhelming (I suppose Steal Life is ok). My most reliable skill is Tempo Flurry (R4 and R3). I have heard about Thief Raid, supposedly Locke is the best candidate for it, and guess who's sitting Lv65 waiting for an MCII~

I already have Valefor at R2, is it still worth me investing in Bahamut? Valefor pretty much hits 9999 every time I summon it.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
It's already sounds like you have good variety of AoE abilities. Bahamut it's not something that is needed to be created asap, but it's worthy to create in a long term perspective. 

There are 3 reasons why.

1. As far as I remember, Valefor doesn't hit 9999 enemies and bosses of 130+ difficulty (unless you have extremely high MAG). 

2. Keep in mind, as I said before, summon attacks are going to be splitted into double-hit in about 4-5 months. So the cap is going to be changed from 9999 to 19998.

3. Summoner Spring II materia restores 1 summon-ability use for each slot. It make sense to bring 2 powerful summons to elite dungeons.

I read "after I created" instead of "after I create" Full Break :) At the moment just be focused on collecting Power Orbs. I don't remember the last time when I tried to fight ++ or +++ boss without Full Break. It would be a challenge to me :) It's impressive that you manage to defeat one without it.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Bahamut is more of a Quality of Life summon. But if you ask me, it's better to break down those Major Summoning Orbs and get R3 Valefor and R3 Maduin. You'll get more mileage out of that than a single shot of Bahamut. Both the laser chicken and Terra's dad get the 2-hit buff.

About Thief's Raid, it's more like Locke is the only viable Thief for using it unless you're using a thief with Record Synergy. This is mostly because he can exploit the full five hits and have the damage output to justify it. However, this is also dependent on whether or not you pull his relic. If you do pull his upcoming relic, there's no reason to use Thief's Raid when his relic does a better job of it. Instead it's better to just give him Life Siphon + Steal Power for better DPS.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I created Maduin, got him up to Rank 3 and I WOULD have honed him up higher but because of the last Orb Rush, I had the orbs to get Valefor from Rank 2 to Rank 4 so I'm quite happy with that~

Though I have a Rank 1 Bladeblitz that's been sitting in my inventory for MONTHS. Flurry of Petals along with Swift Bolt and Water Veil are really underwhelming. Are they worth keeping/ honing?

Plus, plus-- I FINALLY created Full Break!! It literally took me the entire day to hunt for 8 Major Power Orbs :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just came back to the game, did the FF10 event up to Jecht and a relic pull

I got two pairs of 5* (Clouds 1st Sword and Cid's Spear) and what a rush I just got. My teams still around level 20 or so but I'll probably be playing a bit more regularly from now on.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Well, I created Maduin, got him up to Rank 3 and I WOULD have honed him up higher but because of the last Orb Rush, I had the orbs to get Valefor from Rank 2 to Rank 4 so I'm quite happy with that~

That's cool. I have Valefor R4 and Bahamut R2 (almost ready to hone to R3). Bahamut always been my favorite summon in all FF series. :) Maybe that's why I suggested to create it so much.

On the other hand, many 4* stars summons can be created/honed if convert those major orbs to greater orbs (1 to 10 conversion rate is insane :) ). It looks like more rational to create Maduin and some other 4* summons, instead of 1 Bahamut. Leviathan will be more powerful against enemies  with Water weakness than Bahamut. So Bahamut is the strongest as universal summon (the strongest among non elemental summons), but not the strongest in case when enemies have an elemental weakness. It's rather up to everyone taste what to create. 

Though I have a Rank 1 Bladeblitz that's been sitting in my inventory for MONTHS. Flurry of Petals along with Swift Bolt and Water Veil are really underwhelming.

My Bladeblits is R3. I'm thinking to hone to R4. Some people say it's better to have Samurai 4* AoE abilities. It's up to everyone. I like Bladeblitz more because it's a combat ability. There are lots of characters who can use it. It can be helpful against multiply bosses in ++, +++ and ultimate difficulty fights. But there are not too many of them, there are some abilities that might be better to take instead of it. Generally I use it in Daily dungeons just to complete them quicker :)

Flurry of Petals will be helpful if you have extremely high attack (e.g. 6 stars synergy weapon + advance + armor breakdown + full break). If you F2P player than you don't have many 6-7 stars weapons. In addition, there are usually better abilities to take in the most difficult fights. I would say it's worthy to shatter. 

Swift Bolt and Water Veil are very situational. Swift Bolt will be helpful in upcoming first abyss. It's the only case when it's helpful as I know.

FINALLY created Full Break!! It literally took me the entire day to hunt for 8 Major Power Orbs

Congrats! How did you farm 8 Major orbs in 1 day?) Usually i get only 1 if it's a lucky day. One more if convert all 3 and 4 stars orbs to 5. 

@Lowell very nice pull! So many players want to get this Cloud 1st Sword now :)  Level 20 is very low) Few Sunday Daily Dungeon runs will change it. 

I guess somewhere in the middle of March we should get Orb Festival II (SSSB Celebration). It would be perfect time to level up all favorite characters. 

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Good  :)  

If you have solitude or loner record materia you can complete many dungeons just by playing Zack and Cloud duo team :)  

2 1st class fusion swords are amazing.

By the way, I recommend duo teams for Weekend Rush/Orb Festivals. Ace pilot and loner/solitude materias should be used. 

It would be difficult to complete common Sunday Dailies with due team, but still, if you can it's better to have 2-4 members team when ace pilot is equipped.

Edit: I also recommend to create Drain Strike, one of the best 3* ability. 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Managed to pull the Fusion Sword as well as a bazillion Basilisk Knives. Feel free to add me for some strong FF7 burst synergy: eG6Y. Man, to think that Burst Commands carry over from RW, too. That's pretty nutty.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Square_art: Well I just went hunting in the Core Elite dungeons and completed the records that rewarded Major Power Orbs, spent a good chunk of Mythril to keep going~

And damn, so many Fusion Sword draws! Jealous lol. However, I did manage to pull Zack's Glove which I'm SOO happy with since I have no decent Glove weapon (Apart from the FF13 Kaiser Knuckles but I don't use Snow :/ ). So now Tifa, Refia and Galuf can actually do decent damage now~ I think now, I need MCIIs for Vanille and Jecht. That way I can have a trinity of sorts.

>Luminous Robe (Shellga) [Yuna] 

>Wrym Fang (AoE Cura + Protectga)[Vannile]

>Sin's Talon (Party ATK +30%)[Jecht] 

So those 3 are going to be part of my go to "Cookie Cutter Team", with Cloud/Bartz/Locke/Squall/Zack and/or Terra/Rinoa/Rydia/Fran.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm happy for everyone who took a shot at and got themselves the 1st Fusion Sword.

...'cause I want Fenrir Overdrive for my peeps who aren't Cloud.  :guffaw:

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So apart from Sunday Daily Dungeons and Growth Eggs, what is the fastest way to level up Core classes? I just threw 3 Major Growth Eggs on Summoner to Lv44 and I want to train Bard to Lv50 as well. Only for their RM, Summoner Spring II and Zealot.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
So apart from Sunday Daily Dungeons and Growth Eggs, what is the fastest way to level up Core classes? I just threw 3 Major Growth Eggs on Summoner to Lv44 and I want to train Bard to Lv50 as well. Only for their RM, Summoner Spring II and Zealot.

Outside of those two options, classic dungeon FF6 Vector 2nd round is your best bet for EXP. Incidentally, that's where I go to auto-battle for all my random chance Record Materia farming. A lot of people say it's purely random, but I think it's somewhat linked to EXP gain, too, as I usually nab all of my RM's there within a day's worth of stamina running it, while I hear horror stories of people running the first FFX dungeon over and over again for weeks but never getting RM's.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masochixx