Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Aleks

Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bahamut SIN was definitely the hardest boss I've encountered so far. I made it with my Terra and Rinoa though (Terra is lvl70), as they just whooped his butt hard. Though it was a bit hard with the main character and the White Mage as backup. Any suggestions on replacing those two?

Got 75 Mythril right now. Will not spend it on relic draws though. I've learned my lesson by now. :guffaw:

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Main character is one of the best if you get SG or his BSSB in the future.

It's all depends what relics and what levels you have. If you have many low-level characters, just spend about 5-7 mythril for stamina refreshes in Daily Exp Dungeon. Or just wait for Orb Festival II.

I don't know why some people can't decide who should be in the main party. Personally, I use as many characters with synergy boost as possible in all classic and elite event dungeons (usually 5/5, sometimes 3/3 - with not full party it can be even more interesting).  And the strongest party for bonus battles. Tyro (SG), Yuna (AoE heal), Red XIII (hastega and support) + and 2 best characters of current realm.

I've been playing the game almost for 6 months. Collected all the characters. Only 1 MC left, Aerith one. All characters near max level cap. Soon I will have no characters to train on Sundays  :|

Maybe except newest ones. So it will be 1-2 characters in a team challenge for me :)  

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

It's all depends what relics and what levels you have. If you have many low-level characters, just spend about 5-7 mythril for stamina refreshes in Daily Exp Dungeon. Or just wait for Orb Festival II.

I don't know why some people can't decide who should be in the main party. Personally, I use as many characters with synergy boost as possible in all classic and elite event dungeons (usually 5/5, sometimes 3/3 - with not full party it can be even more interesting).  And the strongest party for bonus battles. Tyro (SG), Yuna (AoE heal), Red XIII (hastega and support) + and 2 best characters of current realm.

I've been playing the game almost for 6 months. Collected all the characters. Only 1 MC left, Aerith one. All characters near max level cap. Soon I will have no characters to train on Sundays  :|

Maybe except newest ones. So it will be 1-2 characters in a team challenge for me :)  

becuase one sethiroth with full syn gear for the realm is better then any DPS character of the realm with full syn gear equiped, aerith and rosa are actually better then yuna after you get all their limits, tyro is beaten out by every realm character, and red is also beaten out by aerith and rosa, and when it comes to black mage casters, golbez, rydia, and terra seem to take gold in all realms with full syn gear with very few exceptions 

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
becuase one sethiroth with full syn gear for the realm is better then any DPS character of the realm with full syn gear equiped, aerith and rosa are actually better then yuna after you get all their limits, tyro is beaten out by every realm character, and red is also beaten out by aerith and rosa, and when it comes to black mage casters, golbez, rydia, and terra seem to take gold in all realms with full syn gear with very few exceptions   

Not really. If only you pay lots of money and you have best relics for most of characters. Sethiroth lvl 80 with default SB is not better  than Squall lvl 80 with default SB in FFVIII realm. If you have Sethiroth SSB than of course he is better even in FFVIII realm. If you have Squall SSB than he is better even in Sethiroth's realm. 

I don't think that Rosa and Aerith are better than Yuna. If you have good SB for each of them, I doubt there is something better than Yuna's Hymn of Fayth.

If only 1 your character has AoE heal than he (she) is your best white mage. Simple.

Another thing that offers variety of "best characters" is your strategy. For instance. As I said, I never use reta- relating strategies. So Gilgamesh has no use to me. But some players can't live without reta-meta. Gilgamesh is among best characters for them.

The point is, every player has unique set of relics, obtained/not obtained characters and MC, different created and honed abilities, strategy preferences. Our events are always changing, new abilities and relics are coming. I see no reason to advise "best characters" to anyone. Different "Best Characters" for different players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really. If only you pay lots of money and you have best relics for most of characters. Sethiroth lvl 80 with default SB is not better  than Squall lvl 80 with default SB in FFVIII realm. If you have Sethiroth SSB than of course he is better even in FFVIII realm. If you have Squall SSB than he is better even in Sethiroth's realm. 

I don't think that Rosa and Aerith are better than Yuna. If you have good SB for each of them, I doubt there is something better than Yuna's Hymn of Fayth.

If only 1 your character has AoE heal than he (she) is your best white mage. Simple.

Another thing that offers variety of "best characters" is your strategy. For instance. As I said, I never use reta- relating strategies. So Gilgamesh has no use to me. But some players can't live without reta-meta. Gilgamesh is among best characters for them.

The point is, every player has unique set of relics, obtained/not obtained characters and MC, different created and honed abilities, strategy preferences. Our events are always changing, new abilities and relics are coming. I see no reason to advise "best characters" to anyone. Different "Best Characters" for different players.

which is why i stated when using the gear from the realm your in.... AOE heals are great but when the only caster who has one is one of the weakest healers  per poiint of healing... (seriously) it kinda becomes a moot point

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
More times than most I find characters work better in their respective realms rather than a higher levelled character not native to the realm. My Lv71 Cloud with best gear in an FF8 realm with the Organics is outclassed heavily by a Lv65 Squall with the Blitz Sword AND Rinoa with the Valkyrie/Cardinal (Purely just the ATK stat). 

Most AoE heals aren't all that great unless they're Unique SB, the Shared ones aren't too great and go unused most of the time... Wish there was an actual AoE Heal ability.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Let's have a look at figures. 

Level 65 rankings.

Lenna has the highest mind. 152.

Yuna is #9. Mind is 143.

Mog is #14. (Because he is dancer first of all and can use black magic as well). Mind is 135.

White Mage (core classes always have the lowest stats), Mind is 113.

Now. Let's assume our gear gives us +200 mind. 

So we have the difference between 335 and 352 if we don't include core class, and if we include core class we have difference between 313 and 352.

It's really not a big difference. Considering no one use core classes (except those who wants challenges), and Mog is not a pure mage as Lenna.

So if somehow only my Mog has AoE healing, because RNG decided so, I will use him as my white mage in the most difficult fights. If I don't have any unique SB for Lenna I will not use her even despite the highest mind. AoE healing is important. Even if I have Lenna 80 lvl and Mog 65 lvl I prefer him without doubt in that case.

Another case. If we compare Sephiroth 80 lvl and someone who has offensive unique SB and only 65 lvl, it would be a moot point indeed who is better as damage dealer.

We have different progress of the game, and I said, new events are always coming. We don't pick which exact relics we going to get. We have to use what is given. So I come back to previous conclusion  :)  Different characters are good for different players. After some events we can have "a new best character" if we pull his(her) BSSB/SSB. We can't advise who is the best one for other players (unless we have full information of current situation to compare).

Tyro and Ramza are very useful. But if only you have SG for Tyro and Scream or another cool SB for Ramza. With default one they are not useful at all.

EDIT: As far as I remember. Realm bonus = +10 lvl and + slightly increased speed. So if we have Squall lvl 65 in VIII realm, it's like Squal lvl 75+ltlle speed bonus.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually a 9 point differance in FF is a whole 300+ differance in spells

my current team is now 

sethiroth lvl 79

rosa lvl 80

rydia lvl 80

golbez lvl 80

lightning lvl 67 

heavy AOE damage set up.... sethiroth and lightning deal with high resistance opponents and rosa is the healer who throws out holy from time to time

in reserves i have lenna lvl 73, DK cecil lvl 80, paladin cecil lvl 80 (he switches with golbez if i need a tank), yuna lvl 80, and cloud lvl 80 and thats just of the ones i use from time to time......not really a fan of the others.... 

Aleks

Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Oh, right, forgot about details. :headshake: Sorry!

I don't have a lot of good relics for the whole team, but Terra and Edgar (both nearly lvl70) have been fitted pretty well with what I have managed to win from draws or battles. I seemed to have struggled a lot with the White Mage and Tyrod. I decided to just throw in Rinoa and Vivi, and then use Growth Eggs on them. They've been a good choice so far—a lot more powerful than the other two, at least.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just got Warrior of Lights MCII, which is my first MCII so far. Winded up having to fight both Lich and Tiamat twice due to improving my setups

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know, those fights were surprisingly easy... easier than their core counterparts. Literally Shellga + Magic Break(down) and wail away to win. (WoL already sitting at Lv50 for the longest time aside). Krakken especially was a joke, FFRK conditions you to have a ridiculous abundance to Thunder based skills *cough* FF7-8 *cough*. The Growth Eggs were a really nice reward to get though~

But Freya event is coming up which I'm REALLY excited for! Dragoon characters have always been my favourite from FF and having Freya pretty much completes my collection~ I really want her SB Weapon. Though I'm not sure why Garnet of all characters is next to her MCII, Yuna outclasses her in pretty much EVERYTHING. Vivi I think is more deserving of one.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't playing that long, only started back up during the FF7 event so I didn't have WoL at the time or most of the skills everyone has already.

I only recently just got Shellga and right now, have a fairly solid team.

As for my team in the Future I'll likely drop Mog and Zack for Freya and Yuna. Not sure if Freya gets her MC this event but at the moment Mogs hit his level cap and has no MC's while Yuna has her first MC. Dropping Zack mostly due to needing Support 4 (Magic Breakdown) and a party with WoL, Cloud, and Cid is already enough physical attackers.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Lowell: Sounds like a solid plan. I'm pretty sure Freya does get her MC in this events since the last few events had the MC for the new character. Freya comes with Support 4 so she'll be a lovely addition. Do you have Vivi by any chance? If so he's a great Black Mage regardless of realm synergy (he was my go to Black Mage until Rinoa got her MCII and both SB Weapons...).

Making Shellga first is a great move since it'll be your best friend in FF9 events/ dungeons (They're REALLY magic heavy!), but yeah having Shellga + Protectga and Power + Magic Breakdown makes boss battles much more manageable~ 

(Felt like a rambled a bit there...)

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This was a much anticipated event for me considering I LOVE FF9 the most. Eiko isn't a bad character to grab too for a white mage/summoner class

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Eiko is awesome, I prefer her over Garnet. Plus I did a 50 Mythril Draw and got her SSB weapon and Freya's Spear!~ The RNG has been really kind to me as of late... Now to build up more Mythril for the next Orb Festival~ 

When IS next Orb Festival/ Rush? I would have thought it would have been this weekend if it were a Rush banner...

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tch..  RNG has not been as kind to me in that department ..  just a black hood from a single pull so far. gotta learn to save up for the x11 pulls for now on.

Congrats on getting some SB weapons Chaos

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
..... ok i just did event..... and cannot believe i didnt already have beatrix (my new permanant DPSer...) 

thing is..... um i have no idea what skills are best for beatrix and freya both whom made it to my final set up with rydia (deciding between garnet and echo for the healer....)

i was thinking for beatrix to give her barrage and double cut or throw in a white spell like holy or curaja with barrage.....

and i have no idea for freya.... might just transfer what i have on kain to her....

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Crimson Dragon Inc.: Freya is a support role, so I'd give a relevant Breakdown skill and a Jump/ Tempo Flurry. As for Beatrix, it's a tough one since she has so many options. Though like P.Cecil her MND isn't much to note so Protectga should work.

I'd pick Eiko over Garnet as a healer and her Default SB is AoE Shellga. Her Bard 4 gives her much more versatility than Garnet and even by Unique SB and SSB Eiko still comes out on top. Both of Garnet's are damage attacks and her second hit twice while increasing Magic (20%) for the party which is is kind of redundant since summons are getting the x2 hit buff. Eiko's SSB is an AoE Heal that also revives any dead party members (coming REAL close to outclassing Lenna here...)

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Almost done power leveling Yuna and Freya for Garland Ultimate replacing Mog and Zack for this battle. Once I get their levels to 50 I'll Lv break both of them

on a side note, even at level 40, Yuna is stronger than Mog it seems aside from being squishier and missing about 12 MND, Freya's mainly coming along to smack him with Magic Breakdown

UPDATE

Freya's been broken and Yuna's 1 level from 50 (yay), Managed to kill everything in the current FFIX Event Dungeon on master with Cloud, Warrior of Light, Cid, Freya, and Yuna. Now to do the Heroic Daily to grind Greater Power Orbs for Power Breakdown. (all this prepping for Garland and I probably already have enough to beat him as it is.)

On a side note, might be combining my Fusion Swords since I Gem pulled Steiner's Ultima Weapon, I already have like 3 other 5*  Swords so yeah....

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD
The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.
After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anderson_Linhares