Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Only 5 ways to deal Earth damage... that is pretty abysmal (Tyro, Yuffie and Rinoa's SB with Fat Chocobo and Quake).

For Phase 5, only Sentinal's Grimoire really picks my fancy, Phase 4 however looks more up my street~ Pulse of Life, Valiant Strike and Grand Cross looks great!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm slightly miffed that the stuff I wanted from JP banners #1 and #4 got scattered over four different banners. Oh well. #2 and #5 are surefire picks for me (mainly for Hawkeye and Peacemaker), and since Minwu drops before SSB, I'll see where I end up from there in regards to banner #3.

But I'm excited. FFII's coming up, SSBfest, Orbfest, lucky draws, and Tactics after all of that. I've been saving up mythril for a long time now. Plus I just found out that JP's about to get an FFXIII event with Cid Raines, so there's him and Delita/Ovelia/Mustadio to look forward to close together!

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good stuff to look forward too. I myself am saving up my mythril to get a 11x rare draw for this FF9 event going on right now.

Got all the characters and ALMOST all the crystals except freya's lvlcap crystal..

I'm almost ready to give Mt. Gulug Pt.2 a try for the crystal pretty soon

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going for phases 3 and 5. There isn't a single good healing SB though, and that's what i need most.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Vanille's Physician's Staff is an AoE Curaga + one ability use. (It also has good Magic and Mind for mixed casters.)

Alternatively, the first FFII banner has Minwu's Healing Staff, which is an instant-cast AoE Curaga.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ugh i'm an idiot for not trying but i just relized there is no rule in the game that says i can't put bahamut in both of rydia's ability slots D: or put meteor in both of my black mage's ability slots.... havnt tried but can some one confirm if this is true or not?

cuase i was just thinki rydia with twin bahamut, golbez with twin meteor, beatrix with twin barrage ....... maybe eiko with twin bahamut aswell

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa: I think Aerith's Pulse of Life is one of the best Healing SBs on the list, AoE curator (at least) and Reraise? I'm not sure if a Reraise immediately after death counts as a KO though... 

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian 

It does count as a KO, the game registers it as a KO when the health of a character drops to zero.

if you revive the downed character, the game still registers a KO was achieved before the character was revived.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah right, thought as much. I've also noticed that you lose all three KO medals if ONE character dies. I know your party can vary between 1-5 but 1 death constitutes a loss of all 3 seems a bit harsh. Plus if you are going for Mastery (which is ALL the time), having a revive skill almost seems like a waste of a slot and is more situational than a boss being weak to Earth skills...

Seriously, the ONLY instances of Revive/ Raise being useful is the Deathgaze FF6 event where KO doesn't matter and Undead Evrae (you know, if you want to take it out in a single move with Raise). *sigh* 3 ability slots would be GRAND.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Ah right, thought as much. I've also noticed that you lose all three KO medals if ONE character dies. I know your party can vary between 1-5 but 1 death constitutes a loss of all 3 seems a bit harsh.

It doesn't. If only you have a condition "defeat boss without being KO'd" then yeah, it affects all 3 medals. But not every boss has such a condition.

What comes to standard KO condition (which we always have) you will not lose a medal if 1 of your characters is KO'd. If 2 of your character are KO'd you lose 1 medal (and it's usually enough to screw up mastery). 

I'm still not sure how Aerith SSB works in details. I though it prevents you from being KO'd. When HP goes to zero they are automatically restored, it should not affect KO condition. I guess you lose your buffs after reraise, but again, I'm not sure 100% yet.

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then my game seriously glitched a few time...

(T_T)

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa: I think Aerith's Pulse of Life is one of the best Healing SBs on the list, AoE curator (at least) and Reraise? I'm not sure if a Reraise immediately after death counts as a KO though... 

As mentioned earlier, it still counts. Else Pulse Of Life would be a nice AoE heal.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
What comes to reraise - I will need to check. Personally I don't have such SB, so I can only assume and rely on what other people say from different sources. What I heard before - it should not lead to KO state, but if you checked and you had another result, I can only assume how it works exactly :)

FF IX Ultimate dragon is defeated. There are various of strategies that can be used. I used my standard one (Hastega+AoE Heal+Wall+PP). What would be helpful to know before the fight (I didn't know, still defeated with 1st attempt, but it could be easier fight):

- Boss starts flying only few times in battle. In my case it was only two times. So 1 R2-R3 Jump ability should be enough. 

- Boss counterattacks with AoE magic attack dealing damage proportional to max HP if attack him with physical attack, not sure if he counters magic attacks (he used counter about 8 times in my case)

- You will have a warning message before he starts flying. So don't worry to miss a hit when you start attacking. 

- When the battle begins he is flying. You need to use jump first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i have to ask..... 

who is better at black magic

vivi or golbez as far as pure black mages go.... (not count rydia cause she gets summons, and garnet and eiko are white mages with great stats for black magic due to being summoners....)

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would have to go with Vivi. if you can get doublecast-Venom/Decay/Meteor all's the better but Focus still is ok for a default Soul break.

Vivi is by far the most flexible black mage, highest natural MAG Stat as awell as self buffing record materia is a plus in my book too.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what i find most interesting is that according to the wiki rydia's SSB is a better MAG increase then vivi's.......so i guess those two balance out to end with same final MAG?

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But Rydia isn't PURE Black Mage. She's overall a summoner so her MAG is aimed more for summons while Vivi is pure glass canon black magic abuse.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thats what i'm getting at..... does she really need that much MAG? i mean bahamut is the most powerful single hit AOE ability in the game.............(seriously my rydia deals 9999 constantly with it.....and thats with only her SB equiped....) meteor comes close...... but thats for pure black mages....(well i use bahamut and meteor on my rydia.... but still)

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmmm, well as it stands Terra and Rinoa are the strongest Black Mages until Vivi/ Lulu get their MCII. Plus Rinoa just a +6 MAG and Summon 5* buff earlier today as well. I think Rydia has the MAG she does because they're playing with the fact that when she ages in FF4 she dumps W.Magic entirely and goes full B.Mage/ Summoner, which sky rockets her MAG (Plus she's getting her Adult Costume in the future). Because come on, they gave Rosa Celerity 1* JUST so she can use Aim xD

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont think we can classify rinoa as a black mage now.... she is a summoner... like rydia only weaker.....(atleast IMHPO)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!
When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsykoPony