Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well with the recent additions from the lucky draw the only one I'm having trouble picking would be the white mage of the group on my choosing 

SInce I have Steiner's Ultima-Sword He will be my tank (If i can get him unlocked... stupid DeNa putting him fairly down in the list..

Zidane and Cloud/Zack for offense physical.

Riona for Black magic.

Im thinking maybe Eiko or Arc for White Mage.

It will take some time till I can get this team fully set up.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My team is currently being optimized based around who's relics I manage to pull in the upcoming events, that said my current standard team is

Warrior of Light (75) (Light's Wrath) Using Ultimate Weapon (IX)

Cloud (65) (Double Hit Materia) Using 1st Fusion Sword 6*

Yuna (64) (Healing Materia) (Stealing Garnets as we speak) Using Healer's Staff (13) 4*

Cid (Crystal's Blessing) (Temp until I get Bard's Materia) Using his Pole Axe 6*

Freya (64) (Dragoon Materia) Using Kain's Blood Lance

My teams abilities are starting to come together but they also sorely lack decent defense

Cloud is the only one with an actual 5* Armor and Freya's using the Holiday Mittens, everyone else is using random 4* gear that boost their abilities.

On a side note, Gilgamesh is already 50, so I'll start focusing on him later on so that he can eventually replace WoL

Edit: Just pulled Lenna's AoE Heal so I'll probably be replacing Yuna now and skipping Banner #1

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my second Lucky draw I got an SB weapon for Beatrix. Is she good? She's a physical/white magic combo so that's rather unique in FFRK.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Beatrix is really good. About A-Tier good. However, she'll soon be outclassed by Agrias, who is the mother of both Steiner and Beatrix. Agrias gets Knight, Combat, White, and Spellbades, which is what makes her stand above the rest at S-Tier and have a near-permanent spot on the A-Team of many players.

Went 0/11 today on the Lucky Draw, to which, I decided that after going 1/11 yesterday and 0/11 today, I'm better off not pulling tomorrow, even if it's 50% off. My line of logic is that I already have a good range of SB's to use across many decent-to-great characters so that I'm better off saving my Mythril for the two S-Tier characters coming the first week of April. Namely, wanting to pull both Agrias' Wall-Break and Ramza's Hastega/Boostga would most likely require a good stockpile of Mythril, of which, I hope I'll have around 600+ by the time the FFT banners come out.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's a sign of the apocalypse.

Guy's coming to JP in May.

(Also, Aerith's Dragon Force stick today. Meh.)

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I agree, Beatrix is great character. She can use Protecta/Shellga in one slot and Lifesiphon in another. 

We will be able to get her second MC in about 2-3 months. It makes her even better.

Guy's coming to JP in May.

Is it the one from FFII? :)  

And I agree about  Aerith's Dragon Force stick. Very ancient relic. 

I got Garnet's "Asura's Rod" and 3 4* relics today. Was able to combine 2 4* to 6*. I already have Garnet's Storm Staff (in fact it was my very first 5* relic with a unique SB), so Asura's Rod  wasn't in my wish list. Still happy, new SB looks much more useful and it has the best stats among my magical weapons now. 

Waiting for the 3rd draw tomorrow. Meanwhile level upped all my core characters to their max lvl cap farming power orbs :)  

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I pulled Aerith's Dragon Rod just now as well. It's not all that useful and I already have one so yeah...but I also got Eiko's Emerald Light SB. Though I do already have her SSB. Hmmm, I guess the game is telling me to make her my Healer? Though I really, REALLY want Lenna's SSB. 

@Yanfly How're you toingt stockpile that much Mythril??

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I too would like to know how you're going to stockpile all that mythril  yanfly

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it the one from FFII? :)  

Yes. After all, they've run out of characters like Desch, Golbez, Gilgamesh, Kefka, Reno, Edea, Beatrix, Braska, Gabranth, and Cid Raines, so they might as well get to adding one of the main characters of FFII!

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But they can't add Guy JUST yet, we still need Ceodore, General Leo, Caith Sith, Seymour, Paine, Shantatto, Prishe with Noctis and co!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But they can't add Guy JUST yet, we still need Ceodore, General Leo, Caith Sith, Seymour, Paine, Shantatto, Prishe with Noctis and co!

We get three of those before him! Including Paine, who was announced during the stream. Because we haven't had enough X events or something.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
A lot of it came from self control. While a lot of it has to do with the fact that I played for quite a while (since the 1st month of release), I don't pull on banners unless I absolutely need to. Of the things I saw as needs:

Trinity

1. Wall (Sentinel Grimoire or Thyrus).

2. AoE Heal (non-shared SB)

3. Hastega

Everything else I've acquired was a consolation prize. Once I've had the trinity, everything else pull as I saw needed. If I lacked synergy for a particular realm, I'd pull on that banner maybe once or twice. However, now that I have multiple variations of the Trinity (I have both SG and Thyrus), tons of AoE heals (Yuna, Selphie, Vanille, a bunch of shared AoE Heals), and multiple Hastega relics (RedXIII, Sahz, Quistis) and a ton of synergy for the realms that matter (FF4 to FF13), I can just hold off on pulling randomly and just aim for the stuff I want.

From there, I just research ahead of time on what banners are coming out. Japan is typically 6 months ahead of us and knowing what's coming allows me to plan ahead for major relics like Ramza's Sword and Agrias' Shield. Seeing as how the FFT banner is good in general (5 amazing relics spread across 2 S-Tier characters), it'd be a good decision to hoard for it. I might not even pull on the SSSB banners coming up since I don't need them.

DPS relics, in my opinion, should never be chased because Power Creep is a thing in FFRK and it comes through the form of damage-based Soul Breaks. Unlike the Trinity, DPS relics do not hold well against the test of time. I've been using the same two Wall relics as Roaming Warriors since forever until I got my own. I've been using all of the AoE heals to a considerable degree. Sahz and Nanaki took turns on being in my party despite using the same aged relics. However, I've been sifting out DPS relic users from Rinoa to Squall to Cloud because I've been getting their DPS relics on the side of chasing the Trinity.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i actually find beatrix to be an S-rank knight due to being second only to sethiroth in Atk but with a much larger arsenal.... though i use sethiroth cuase he has better DPS building but both work well togeather (though beatrix's starting soulbreak is pretty nice...)

though i believe i will have a slot for agrias if she is as good as you guys say

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
One 5* relic from the 3rd lucky draw for me. Yesterday I told you that I pulled Garnet's Asura Rod, and I wasn't very happy because I already had her 1st unique SB "Ramuh". Guess what I pulled today???  :)       Garnet's third rod! Wizard Rod. I honestly don't know why RNG believes I need ALL Garnet's SB. But now I have them all. Now she is my ultimate summoner! What a shame I can't use all summons at once :)  

I hope I'll get the same staffs/rods in the future. So I will be able to combine them. I don't need more FFIX different rods. I hope troll RNG hears me :)  

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I pulled Strago's Nutkin Suit today for the 3rd draw. I don't use Strago but meh. Went from Lv1 to 25 to master his Aqua Breath SB. My FFRK has a HEAVY preference for FF6, seriously my synergy for that realm is ridiculous! I shouldn't be losing at all. Practically everyone (bar Setzer and Cyan) are between Lv55-65 with 4 SB gear and untold 4-6 star gear (my Locke is going to OWN Thief's Raid when it hits our side!). 

Ok I realised that we're getting 3 MCII lodes instead of 4. Vivi and Bartz are definitely getting an MCII. But who should get the last one; Locke or Tyro?

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
depends on who you feel is more important in the long run chaos

I don't have as much mythril to get the draws anymore so sadly im out of this part T_T

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I pulled Strago's Nutkin Suit today for the 3rd draw. I don't use Strago but meh. Went from Lv1 to 25 to master his Aqua Breath SB. My FFRK has a HEAVY preference for FF6, seriously my synergy for that realm is ridiculous! I shouldn't be losing at all. Practically everyone (bar Setzer and Cyan) are between Lv55-65 with 4 SB gear and untold 4-6 star gear (my Locke is going to OWN Thief's Raid when it hits our side!). 

Ok I realised that we're getting 3 MCII lodes instead of 4. Vivi and Bartz are definitely getting an MCII. But who should get the last one; Locke or Tyro?

Go for Tyro. If anything, his third Record Materia is game breaking good as it's an extra copy of Cloud's third Record Materia (let's you start a dungeon with one full SB gauge increment). And personally, if I were you, I'd hold off and getting the MC2's for Vivi and Bartz just yet. If you have plans on pulling on the SSSB banners, wait until those have finished or until you're done pulling to make a proper decision since pulling Locke's Valiante Knife should warrant him priority over Vivi or Bartz IMO.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And personally, if I were you, I'd hold off and getting the MC2's for Vivi and Bartz just yet. If you have plans on pulling on the SSSB banners, wait until those have finished or until you're done pulling to make a proper decision since pulling Locke's Valiante Knife should warrant him priority over Vivi or Bartz IMO.

I plan on getting Vivi for sure since I have pulled his SSB a few days ago. The reason I thought of getting Bartz was simply for his 3rd RM (Chance Double cast Spellblade). So until/ if I pull Locke's SSB, hold off on that last MCII Lode?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If you can get it, yeah. Locke's the most viable user of Thief's Raid since at level 80, he's the only thief currently that can reach 5 hits without any form of Realm Synergy.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just me or did they make FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF13 having the most Srank characters

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
Rough week, but in the end there's light in the darkness.
Mental health is an issue I wish was taken more seriously.
Take care.
1638421271905.jpeg
By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarkerKai