Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it's not just you i believe they totally played favorites with the selection.

edit - Im unsure of what to do with this 50 mythril... maybe i should do a beginners choice pull from Dr.Mogs banner?

Last edited by a moderator:

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
it's not just you i believe they totally played favorites with the selection.

I agree. And I believe it was right thing to do. FFVI-FFXIII characters much more popular than FFI-FFV. Players wouldn't be happy to use those characters that they don't like or don't know. 

edit - Im unsure of what to do with this 50 mythril... maybe i should do a beginners choice pull from Dr.Mogs banner?

Don't pull from Dr.Mogs Banner. There are many trash 5* relics with increased rate to get them (such as Healing Grimoire Book). Guaranteed ones are also don't look decent. Better try your luck at pulling from SSB or FFT banners. 

Fifty free mythril is very nice gift. But the best anniversary thing is a great music track on home screen :)   I enjoy it a lot :)  

Managed to beat both FFII Ultimate boss and Nightmare Ultima boss with the first attempts!

FFII Ultimate boss set up and result.

30u7eoj.jpg

Only 1 synergy weapon.

29zwq50.jpg

My very first Ultimate Mastery only with 1 medal loss :)  

Ultima boss set up and result.

Everyone except Garnet had synergy boost.

I had 2 unique SB: Tyro's SG and Garnet SSB (Hastega + major regen + resistance increase)

4ictup.jpg

Ultima dealt less than 50% of max HP to one character and less than 15% of max HP to others during the fight. SG wasn't necessary at all. Both double summon and double black magic cast materies didn't trigger a single time. Ultima tried to counter with counter-death after swift bolt ability use. Still defeated without being KO'd (note: it's not required here). Lighting SSB as a roaming warrior. Dealt 10-12k damage per use, expected more. Hastega roaming warrior can be taken instead.

2hro3l2.jpg

Please let me know if need any tactic or game advices :)  I'll be glad to help.

For moderators (concerning forum bugs)

Something wrong with New Forum Design. I tried to submit last reply and it was completely deleted. Before I had problems with display of uploaded pictures. And it's inconvenience do not have an option to preview the reply (it still not equals to look of reply in current edit screen). Moderators, please inform responsible guys to correct forum bugs. I feel inconvenience every time when use it after last design change.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I agree. And I believe it was right thing to do. FFVI-FFXIII characters much more popular than FFI-FFV. Players wouldn't be happy to use those characters that they don't like or don't know. 

Ignoring that FFV is one of the games they fawn over and make into top-tier characters (Bartz, Faris, Gilgamesh)...gee, I'm sure glad for the FFVII fans that they've put real effort into giving all but one member of the FFII cast completely idiotic and worthless abilities.

The beauty of Record Keeper is the nostalgia factor. Which makes it glorious when they all but ignore the games that gave us many of Final Fantasy's iconic elements.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Gilgamesh is all-final fantasy character. It relates to FFV in FFRK, yeah, but it's not a main FFV character in original game. It's S-rank character according to huge poll on reddit about all game characters quality. But I believe it's only useful for those who likes reta- strategy. Personally I don't use it and him at all :)   

Bartz is a main character. Can be useful, especially if pull his BSSB relic. As well as Paladin Cecil from FFIV. But the most of characters from these realms are not very useful yet. 

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think FFV might be the best balanced realm of all. Many usefull characters but not one OP or terribly unusable.

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any one got the new guns for Yuna yet?

Wanna know how good she is with guns

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aye I agree. They've done a great job with the FF5 characters. And including their various SBs makes them even better.

Sooo... I throw 50 Mythril at the FF10 Event since I'm waiting till Phase 4/5 of the SSB Fest and I get this lil birdie~

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/Phoenix-Crest/Yuan_zpsdwhnzbzc.png[/IMG]

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Damn, Why can't I be that lucky >_< I only pulled ten 3* and one 4* >_<

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know what I've come to realise? That FFRK makes you suffer with a string of bad luck/ draws then throws gold at your face for a good long while~ Ever since the FF8 event and I pulled a ridiculous of (S)SB and 5* equipment my luck has been on the rise! :3

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
then best prepare for the bad luck to come >_<  just did a another 5 and this time I got squall's revolver blade of all things on the FFX banner ( Still it's a 5* so not much complaining there.)

I don't even have squall either lol

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I think FFV might be the best balanced realm of all. Many usefull characters but not one OP or terribly unusable.

Gilgamesh is one of the S++ Tier characters in my opinion. He's a playable Swiss Army Knife.

Any one got the new guns for Yuna yet?

Wanna know how good she is with guns

I personally wouldn't ever equip her with guns. She's better off casting Diaga and blasting people away with summons.

As for SSB Festival, I did a 100-gem pull (hey, why not, it's $1) and ended up with Sephiroth's Yoshiyuki. Not sure if this is enough make me take Sephiroth off the bench though...

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
She's pretty good with her guns I'd say her damage output isn't as high as Rinoa's ONLY because she's mastered Cardinal (+10 MAG) and is 8 levels higher. But her burst mode Scatter Shot out damages Diaga by a far margin unless the enemy is weak to Holy. Plus the increase in ATK helps when auto-ing trash mobs. Though Soul Spring's heal is quite pitiful unfortunately... that's the only downside though.

@Yanfly: I dunno, if I ever pulled that, Sephy would definitely be moving into my main roster... he can only equip daggers and katanas. Cyan at least can use swords so yeah xD

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gilgamesh is one of the S++ Tier characters in my opinion. He's a playable Swiss Army Knife.

Have to admit I haven't used Gilgamesh or Exdeath yet. The other ones are well balanced though.

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly 

With Sephiroth's Base ATK stat as it is? I would definitely pull him to the front and put a Maxed Retaliate on him.

Especially on FF7 realms ( He will hit everything like a freaking 18-wheeler on crack and steroids. ) 

Still though it all depends on player preference so if you don't wish to use him just yet that is understandable.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately..... sethy is one of the only members that can make full use of barrage (just pulled his yoshiyuki today) due to his high base attack and the sword just adds on to it...

i also need some advice..... i want to do the yuna event for that mc crystal so i can nab vivi's MCI but i dont want to have to deal with all the garbage that comes with it..... is it worth this or wait for another event?

and he is my final decided member unless ramza or agrias are just amazing then i might have to do a little rethinking on my party....

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
The main reason I'm hesitant on Sephiroth is because while yes, his ATK score is above the rest, he doesn't bring much else to the table for me. I run a Planet Protector build, and in realms where I have a synergy weapon, I hit the damage cap with characters that have less ATK than Sephiroth. In that sense, I may bring Sephiroth along when I fight against multiple-bosses at once because Flashing Blade does nice AOE damage.

Also, I figure I should share some of the FFRK comics I've been making with you all~

Happy FFRK-ing!

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your right with synergy weapons they can hit the damage cap but not with barrage (4 hits at 70% attack agiesnt random targets..... very useful on single bosses) which is the main reason i use sethiroth

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Also, I figure I should share some of the FFRK comics I've been making with you all~

I am SCREAMING XD. Also, the Emperor fight in the FF2 Elite is CHEAP. With Shellga and Magic Breakdown active he STILL deals 5k damage to my party with Starfall. The Elixir REALLY doesn't help. I WOULD be done with the event but I really, REALLY want that reward Thief's Raid(Revenge). I couldn't even get enough Major Powers for Full Break R2...

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am SCREAMING XD. Also, the Emperor fight in the FF2 Elite is CHEAP. With Shellga and Magic Breakdown active he STILL deals 5k damage to my party with Starfall. The Elixir REALLY doesn't help. I WOULD be done with the event but I really, REALLY want that reward Thief's Raid(Revenge). I couldn't even get enough Major Powers for Full Break R2...

try power breakdown and protect to defend the starfall .... i think thats clasified as a physical attack.... or a shield buster

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maurosanfi