Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I decided to try this game. However...it's normal that my character is hitting for +1,000 damage? The black and white mages hit for about 15 damage, i have the feeling that things shouldn't be that way.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided to try this game. However...it's normal that my character is hitting for +1,000 damage? The black and white mages hit for about 15 damage, i have the feeling that things shouldn't be that way.

melee DPS start off hitting harder then mages but mages eventually get teir 3 spells and out damage melee DPS characters unless you have them in 5+ star gear

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In which case, using summons still out damages melee...

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
both eventually hit the damage cap though watching some videos of japanese players i seen people hitting for over 20k damage with their attacks

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see, it seems weird that i'm just in the second dungeon, and one shotting everything.

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, it seems weird that i'm just in the second dungeon, and one shotting everything.

At the beginning you get a 5 star weapon which makes you OP indeed. It's probably to help noobies. But don't worry, difficulty will increase soon enough. Did you find the daily dungeons and event dungeons? The difficulty increases way faster there and will give you a taste of what to come. It'll take many hours of playtime before you can challenge the lvl 140 ultimate bosses.

DanPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, after reading some comments, I decided to try this game...although the game is fun and seems polished, I removed it after 7hrs of game time. Seems to lengthy to dedicate all my time to it...I know that I will be addicted on playing this forever and my game development and work will suffer a lot. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! If I was in my teens or college, this would be a perfect game to waste time, but alas :(

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DanPixel: Since it's a mobile game, I find it great on the go. i.e. Buses, trains and the like. Maybe even on your work break. The stamina system means you can't play constantly (unless you want to drain your mythril) so it's best enjoyed in semi-short bursts. You can still play casually and still enjoy it since everything cycles back around (plus you didn't have to suffer through the early and painful early version lol). 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, after reading some comments, I decided to try this game...although the game is fun and seems polished, I removed it after 7hrs of game time. Seems to lengthy to dedicate all my time to it...I know that I will be addicted on playing this forever and my game development and work will suffer a lot. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! If I was in my teens or college, this would be a perfect game to waste time, but alas :(

It's a game where I play in five minute bursts every 5 or so hours. It's a good way to clear the mind.

DanPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's a game where I play in five minute bursts every 5 or so hours. It's a good way to clear the mind.

Well my type of games to clear stress off are usually Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana 3, Shining Force 2, Soleil and Secret of Evermore :)   I'm the type of old school gamer. Empire Defense on Android was one of my favorite but got bored by it after some weeks.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yea old school games are fun.....never liked secret of evermore though..........and my fav time wasting game is and always will be blazing heroes..... but this game is pretty fun once you get going

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So... how viable is Vincent in team dynamics?

I just got him and even his default soulbreaks looks ok to use.

and considering he can use guns it means he can stay in the back and still deal a normal amount of damage.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Orb Rush right out of nowhere! I could use some more Fire orbs I guess... plus this Nightmare dungeon is ridiculous! The 4 initial fights were piss easy, but this Demon Wall is having it's way with me!

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I cruised through the 4 initial fights too but then i read the info on the final fight and i was like, nevermind.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Demon Wall is a DPS checkpoint. It doesn't even really do that much damage to you unless you fail to do enough DPS in an amount of time.

ZlUFIBe.jpg

I managed to beat it by forgoing heals altogether. All in! This battle was neat though, because the positioning of your party members actually mattered.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Nice move to take Ramza as a Roaming Warrior there. I have been thinking about it too, since Ramza doesn't have synergy boost against Demon Wall, but I follow only 8 guys and Ramza not one of them. Still was able to master with my main team + Squall SSB as a RW. As well as Ultimate+ event battles, 1st try result:

8yvmgn.png

SG+Shout+Offensive SSB x2 + AoE heal such a badass combination against any boss! I'm just waiting for "full realm synergy Cid's missions" to have some challenges again. I heard the reward of those missions are not good, but I don't care, I just want to complete them in order to complete them, and that's it  :)  

@Yanfly, I have been reading about recent FFVIII JP event, Selphie BSSB. I couldn't help myself thinking about her creepy and smiling face expression from the comics :)  I read some of your comics on reddit. Great and accurate work, very true situations! Regal Gown was one of my first 5* armor relic. Not only Ramza but every guy from my team knows  how well it fits :)   And then I see a new upcoming relic in Selphie event...

vh99o5.png

Wait for this one... guys

The only 5* relic I got from the last lucky draw is Gungnir. It was right before Demon Wall battle. It was funny to read "a strange force prevents you from using jump abilities or SB" :)  "Whatever. Next time, Kain..." I didn't expect that someone else had the same case. And then I read about exact the same situation in your comics! Coincidence or not, I was very surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gah, I completely forgot about the Demon Wall fight and I missed it. Oh well, next month I suppose. And yeah, that prevention of jump abilities and SBs really threw me off... In better news I got Saints Cross and Full Break to Rank 2 not too long ago so that's been really fun~ Vaan's RM2 has me screaming inside since I have two R5 Tempo Flurry abilities that I ABUSE. I also pulled Zack's Apocalypse Sword from the 50% draw which was nice.

@Square_art: Selphie's BSSB looks terrifying... Is Edea's SSB really that good? I don't really use Dark abilities, or have a lot of them.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian Congrats on Full Break and Saints Cross R2! I honed Saints Cross to R2 just recently, too. An amazing ability for Agrias and other knights.

Which Edea's SSB do you mean? At the moment we have only one Edea's SSB, Ice Strike. Might be handy against ultimate boss Ifrit. If you mean the one that was released in JP only, I don't know how good is it, but I believe such relics as Edea's dress should not be available for male characters. Like it was done in FFIX, some armor and accessories was only for girls. It's too late to change it now. It's unwritten and correct politics for developers of such games, they can not change the balance by taking something away, balance can be changed only by adding new things. So it's always will be fine in the world of FFRK to give a dress to any male character or to equip 3 pairs of gloves. Just known oddities  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Square_art: Aye pretty much. And yes I was talking about the JP release, I've still yet to test out the new element system.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Selphie's BSB is pretty nutty. It may be worth saving for as it may be the start of a new meta (White Mage meta lol).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Furiousfox