Final Fantasy - Record Keeper

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wonder if it'll come around the same time as a Nightmare Dungeon that requires White Magic 5* users. (Yuna's BSB is ready to butcher whatever boss is thrown my way lol). As for saving for that, I may just do that since the next few event pulls don't look that enticing to me.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Finally. A decent Ultimate+ boss! Cagnazzo.

Third attempt mastery. Set up and strategy below.

fdu9lx.png

Tyro: Magic Breakdown R4, Banishing strike R4, SG.

Ramza: Full Break R2, Venom Buster R5, Shout.

Terra: Blizzaja R4, Thandaja R4, no unique SB.

Rydia: Carbuncle R2, Thundaga R5, no unique SB.

Agrias: Thundaga Strike R4, Shellga R3, Hallowed Bolt.

Divine Guardian RW (I strongly recommend to use it as RW for this battle: hastega can remove slow, RES+ stacks with wall and shell, major regen replaces AoE heal)

My FFIV synergy relics are not the greatest. Just something.

5* spear, 5* rod, 4+* dagger, 4+* robe and 4* light armor.

Strategy advices:

1. Cagnazzo tries to use Tsunami very often. In my case he tried to use it 10 times. Three lighting attacks interrupt the spell. Three of your characters with lighting abilities should wait for a moment when Cagnazzo starts charging Tsunami, if they don't have to use something very important (Carbuncle, shellga).

2. Sometimes Cagnazzo uses slowga. It might miss, but it also can affect 3-5 characters. It's very recommended to have 2 hastega SB. (shout is not a best option here, especially if you have 3-4 mages in the team).

3. When Cagnazzo charging tsunami he is immune to ice. You don't need Blizzaja R2+ in this battle, but you still need to exploit ice weakness. I would not recommend to take RMs which have a slight change to deal ice damage, the change is too low and most of time Cagnazzo is immune to ice.

4. Carbuncle is very recommended here. His watera/ga are very powerful, counter stop can be a trouble. But you should keep in mind. Reflected watera/ga spells will heal him. If you take Carbuncle be prepared for a long fight, R5 lighting abilities are recommended. You still can survive without Carbuncle and without trouble if you use wall+shellga+res up buff+full break+magic breakdown. R4 lighting abilities should be enough in that case. But then you probably might need AoE heal or Curaja.

5. Cagnazzo is vulnerable to poison. Must have Venom Buster (or poison SB).

6. If you find a free slot it will be useful to take armor/mental breakdown, Cagnazzo def and res are pretty high.

My first attempt. I took Ramuh R5, it was a mistake. 5 lighting uses are not enough here.

Second attempt. Terra had Ruinga R4 instead of Blizzaja, had Squall with Blizzaga strike instead of Agrias with shell and "AoE heal + Hastega" RW instead of Divine Guardian RW. I could win with several S/L, but Ruinga R4 was almost useless and I it wasn't the most appropriate RW.

Third attempt. Set up as on screen shot above. My RES was very high. His AoE watera dealt about 600 hp damage, easily recovered by major regen. Was able to poison with 3-4 venom buster strike, the status is lasted till the end. Two of my lighting spells were R4. So by the end of the battle I wasn't able to interrupt 2 Tsunamis.

2vl8j95.png

Nevertheless, everyone survived. Was very happy how everything is ended :)

of1shg.png

If I would try the fourth time, I would take armor/mental breakdown instead of magic breakdown or instead of shellga.

I hope everyone beats Cagnazzo :) Such a nasty creature.  

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Square_art: Whew, wow nice strategy! Bagan is cheap as hell since I'm always a couple hundred points off of killing the arms along with Bagan... I did however massively pull up my Record Synergy with a 11x draw. I tried for Rosa's Protectga + Shellga SB but got Palom's Chaincast Boltstorm and Edge's Eblan Dualwield. Glad to know thunder attacks are welcome for the ultimate fight.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian  Agree. Baigan's arms had almost as much HP as Baigan itself. It wasn't easy to defeat all of them almost at the same time.  That was a fight where bladeblitz, ruinga and 4*+ summons came in handy. 

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The fact that the arm's self-destruct damage WILL KO a party member sucks as well... Always hated that fight in all of FF4's incarnations (more so than the lodestone cave). Well, at least Desch is out later today~

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I believe they will not self destruct if you stop them (they will not KO a character), however it doesn't allow to fulfill "no self destruct" target score. It can be handy if you can beat him without losing "action" and "damage taken" medals to master. Otherwise Break Fever + as many AoE offensive abilities and SB are recommended to use.

Time to save as much mythril as possible :)  New orbfest is coming in 2-3 weeks and half priced lucky draw is coming in about 5 days! Informed. :)  

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was funny that the arm had like 1% HP so i thought it would do almost no damage but then bam! Still 5k damage and gone was Mastered...

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ohh man I can't Wait for new Orbfest!

The first week is Summoning orbs! Hype!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Cleared the White Mage Nightmare Dungeon.

IGvqBwl.jpg

That was a pretty tough challenge. White Mage damage output is so pitiful, haha...

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly well done!

Same here :)  Mastered. Holy R2+white magic double cast RM came in handy. 

Was hoping to get AoE heal from Lucky Draw banner. Got 1 5* relic. Teleport XVI (3 non-elemental attacks, white magic, all targets), Minwu.  Was helpful in White Mage Nightmare Dungeon, second phase. But it wasn't a relic I was looking for. I still want to get some AoE healing SB. Selphie SSB would be perfect. I wish we could have a second try for lucky draws :)  Will wait for orbfest banners, may be will pull there 1-2 times x11. Saved 300+ mythril. The rest is needed to be save for guaranteed  5* relic pulls :)  

Aleks

Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I saved up 200 Crystals and spent every last one on the FFVI relic event. I'm quite happy with the results! I got Edgar's Chainsaw, Shadow's Sasuke, Setzer's Cards, Relm's Cat Hoodie and some other good items. Fed 12 Rosetta Stones to the Chainsaw and made it pretty powerful.

2Ul8fFc.png

p8OmFg1.png

RFvnsSr.png

TeGvVDW.png

Now my Eddie has his awesome hockey mask! ;)

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Your Eddie is a dangerous man. Hockey mask + chainsaw (upgraded to 13 augment level...). I hope he's not a Jason brother/son or something...

The last ultimate+ battle was the hardest one. Caius went crazy by the end of the battle. Almost knocked my guys down, then continued attack them again and again. Was happy to survive and fully pay him back. The most intense battle I ever had in FFRK. And very interesting one  :)

2yv8enb.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin