Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys!
I newly installed RPG Maker XP on Steam and I wanted to ask you where I can find resources from the first Final Fantasy game, such as actors, enemies, weapons and armor...

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Thank you.

For anyone wanting to help: we don't allow rips, so if you post something, please make sure it's not ripped from the actual games.

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are not allowed to share RIPs on this forum. That's a rule. <snip>

Though be warned, if you use rips, you will need to make what I assume to be your "fan-game" completely free so you don't get copyright-bombed, and even then it's not a 100% failsafe. (just look at Pokemon Uranium, AM2R, or Super Mario Battle Royale for examples, though all 3 were justified from the company's point of view) Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophesy 1 and 2 are just straight-up classic FF games with a ton of rips, and they've been up for years with zero problems. <snip again>
Also I'm pretty sure there's quite a few fan-made resources involving FF characters. I know they're are quite a few character sprites for VX Ace (which you can easily import into XP) and AKsprites has a bunch of battlers, including matching walk sprites and facesets that resemble FF protagonists. (he can't do their actual selves because he has a ******* and Square would get mad at him) Maybe you can check there? IDK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On itch.io, Alexdraws made what he calls Pixel Champions, that are not the original final fantasy characters but in the same style. He made a free bunch of them and then he has a larger assortment for sale.

Pixel Champions 2
Pixel Champions 1

The second set of champions has no world map sprites yet, and I think the artist is working on commissions so it might be awhile before he gets to them. Something to consider.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you use rips, you will need to make what I assume to be your "fan-game" completely free so you don't get copyright-bombed

Copyright does not depend on whether your game is free or not. If you use someone else's resources without their permission, you are violating copyright.

I have also removed the other part of your post about where to get ripped resources.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norfaiz03