WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
About This Plugin

This plugin is a conversion from a script I wrote for VX Ace. It acts as a replacement for the default BattleLog. It will hide all BattleLog messages, except those shown when using a skill or an item, similarly to how the BattleLog functions in a Final Fantasy game. The plugin is customizable in many ways, allowing the user to set the width, height, and alignment of the BattleLog window, as well as the option to show or not show skill and item icons. Users can even disable showing item names entirely. Any skill without a "use" message (the part of the skill in the database which normally says something like "casts Fire!") are automatically hidden.

Current Version

1.02 - November 8, 2015: Preliminary compatibility with Yanfly Engine Battle Core.

1.01 - November 6, 2015: Bugfix for icon displays.

1.00 - November 6, 2015: Initial release.

Compatibility

This plugin is now compatible with Yanfly Engine Battle Core, on a preliminary basis. There's still lots of testing that needs to be done to ensure that both plugins are working as intended, but using this plugin with YEP Battle Core will not crash your game. I'll need the community's help with bug reports, so don't be shy!

Plugin Link

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SWV9MdDN (Click the download link and save as "Coolie_FF_Battle_Log.js" in your plugins folder)

Terms of Use

Free to use in both commercial and non-commercial projects. Credit is appreciated.

Screens

MV_FF_Battle_Log.pngMV_FF_Battle_Log2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now all we need is a victory aftermath like the one from Final Fantasy 6 on the SNES and we'll be set.

Snake

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Woah that is awesome. :) Great Plugin.

I second MikePjrs statement!

Rito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Script compatible with Ellye's Simple ATB.

Juste modify script at line 138 if you're using align center :

Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, Graphics.boxWidth / 2 - width / 2, 60, width, height);

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin updated to 1.02 which adds preliminary compatibility with YEP Battle Core.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I get the error TypeError Cannot Set property 'alpha' of undefined when I enter battle with this plugin enabled

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll need to know what other plugins you have enabled. There is no reference to 'alpha' in my plugin anywhere. It's likely another plugin interfering with mine.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Disable the battle engine core. Is specified in the post that is not compatible with that script or try to change the order of the plugins. Excuse me for my bad english.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
it says its now compatible with it

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I copy and pasted the script into a js file and it loads but i get that error. If I download it from pastebin and load it, it says it cant load when i launch the game?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I see... Dont copy the script,press the raw button and select the "save as" command in your browser.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i turned off every plugin but the FF Battle log and its still doing it

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Click the Pastebin link, then click DOWNLOAD at the top, and save the file as "Coolie_FF_Battle_Log.js" in your plugins folder. Let me know if that solves your issue. It's likely that the formatting was converted when you saved it initially OR that the filename is incorrect.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok its working now. I didnt know the file name had to be exact. Thanks!

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I see... Dont copy the script,press the raw button and select the "save as" command in your browser.
It's working ; Like Megablackdragon31 siad, click "Raw" then select "Save as". You have to change the name for "Coolie_FF_Battle_Log" and turn the "txt" extension to "js". For that, make sure the extension are shown :)

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not sure if I screwed something up, but while the error isn't showing anymore. The plugin doesn't seem to be doing anything. I don't get a popup when casting a spell saying what spell is about to be cast etc like in FF.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
also I am now getting the error "Undefined is not a function", when using certain skills during combat. Especially if they have any moves where they are jumping. Disabling the addon stops it from occurring.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nevermind the battle-log is working, but that error is still there during some skill uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP