Final Fantasy Style Battlers

Tahmid

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, like many of you, I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy, espicially the early ones (III to VI) and IX. Anyway, something I noticed starting from IV was the very uniform style of character sprites these games had in battle. They really looked nice IMO. Anyway, fast forward to present day, and Square is still pushing ports of these classics, and even these modern games employ the same style of battler character sprites. So, I bought the Android port of FF6, and I was disappointed by the graphics. I mean, they are obviously still trying to go for the same style, but IMO, its a damn mess. Now, I am a pixel artist with some (very minor) experience in the industry, so I wanted to make sprites that I would enjoy having in the modern ports. Anyway, this is my result:

(Locke & Sabin)

For reference, these are Square's versions:

So, why am I sharing this with you? Well, I am really happy with the results, and I was wondering how much interest there is for FF style battlers for Rpg Maker characters. For example, something like this:

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm approving this, but I think I'm going to move it to Resource Support. I'm not sure it's the best place, but General Resources is for posting resources that are ready to be shared.

Tahmid

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm approving this, but I think I'm going to move it to Resource Support. I'm not sure it's the best place, but General Resources is for posting resources that are ready to be shared.

But these resources are ready to be shared though :/

For example, the sprite of the RMMV dude can be used as battler sprite. Thanks anyway.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not formatted for an MV sideview battler though. Also, the way you worded your topic was as though you were looking more for input.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These are very nice.  Battlers of all sorts are always welcome by the community.  They're rarely made and you need a lot of things to battle to make a good game.  BTW, I agree, your version of the FF sprites is much better.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should keep up with this. Your sprites are much better than the Square's lazy upscaled ones.

Katlynne Baron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please please do a green haired female elf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me : "Wearing glasses is annoying."
*put out glasses*
Also me : "Keep mistaking 0, 6 and 8."
oh god, a new version of RPG Maker is coming soon already....
So a new RPG Maker has been teased on RPG Maker Web's Twitter. Hmm...
So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfirrsich