Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for someone that is capable of resizing tiles from Final Fantasy IV, V, or/and VI to MV. I would like to make it clear that I am NOT advocating for someone to go out and rip the sprites. That is all :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What ARE you advocating then?  "Tiles from Final Fantasy" kind of implies that you want those particular tiles.  Are you asking someone to find tiles that are already ripped, or do you already have the ripped tiles and just want someone to resize them?  Or are you saying you don't want ripped sprites but do want ripped tiles (seeing as sprites & tiles are different things)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm...please elaborate more because how would one resize tiles ( i'm guessing you are talking about sprites) from FF if they do not own the sprites?

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm...please elaborate more because how would one resize tiles ( i'm guessing you are talking about sprites) from FF if they do not own the sprites?

The tilesets do not need to be ripped as they can be found here: <link removed by mod>

All I am asking is for someone to resize the already existing sheets for use in MV.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The tilesets do not need to be ripped as they can be found here: <link>

All I am asking is for someone to resize the already existing sheets for use in MV.

What you are asking is against the forum rules and is illegal.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Victor Santis right. That is a site full of rips from what I can tell. Plus, there is this line on the site, under the FAQ:

These resources are all copyrighted works and as such, cannot be used in any commercial project without express written consent from their copyright holders. We do not own and cannot license any of them to you.

In other words, they admit they are posting copywritten resources online, which is, technically, illegal in the first place.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The tilesets do not need to be ripped as they can be found here: <your link>

Those seem rips to me already.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought that it was permitted given that ripping would not be required in the process of resizing. My mistake. Would it make a difference if I had them myself already and gave them to someone else to resize?

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought that it was permitted given that ripping would not be required in the process of resizing. My mistake. Would it make a difference if I had them myself already and gave them to someone else to resize?

Yes.

Possessing illegal content IS illegal.

Asking for something illegal is just against the rules of the forum and sometimes against the law.

Possessing something illegal and asking someone to do something with it... I think you got the picture.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It doesn't matter who has it, or who makes the resize. Using copyrigthed content without permission is illegal. Period.

Don't try to find loopholes to use them, just avoid them completely.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Actually you are lucky enought this thread is still open.

If an admin was on line this would probably close immediately.

You can read the rules on the link I provide you.

For further questions ask a moderator or an admin.

I am neither, I am just a simple user like you and I do not backseat moderate here.

Just try to help you understand what is wrong on what you ask really. :)

Copy -  paste from rules:

2. Do NOT discuss how to carry out illegal activities, or any illegal activities you have committed. This includes but is not limited to the use of illegal drugs and piracy.

2.5 Piracy of our own products here is not tolerated, and falls under our instant ban rules.

2.6 We do not support use of ripped materials (those taken from someone else's game - especially, but not limited to, commercial games).  Do not ask for ripped resources or for help with ripping resources.  Do not post them in your own thread or in response to a request.  Do not ask for help with formatting ripped resources or for any other assistance getting them working in your game.  If you post a game or demo here using ripped resources, we will remove your game if requested by the copyright owner.

3. Do NOT post illegal materials.

------------------------------------------------------

Check out  Rule 2 and especially Rule 2.6

You must understand that finding something online does not make it automatically available for use.

Keep that in mind and try not to use anything that seems like a rip, especially when it comes to such great games as Final Fantasy.

Copyright holders do not share licensed resources with just anyone on the internet.

It is common sense.

If the company does not officialy give you permission to do so, do not use resources from a game.

There is nothing else to add here.

Edit: Made it a little more proper.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I thought that would be the case, from your wording.

You cannot ask for ANY help on the forum with ripped resources.  That doesn't just mean getting them - it also means any help getting them working in your game.  Rule 2.6 specifically says Do not ask for help with formatting ripped resources or for any other assistance getting them working in your game.  This covers what you're asking for - requesting someone to resize them is requesting someone to help you format them so you can use them in MV.  Rips are rips, no matter who did the ripping or who's providing them.

Basically, we don't like you using ripped resources at all, and would prefer that you don't.  Therefore you can't use this forum to get assistance when ripped resources are involved.

And an afterthought based on one or two of the comments ... it doesn't matter if your game is commercial or free, the same rule applies.  

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread is being closed. As people have already told you, asking for illegal content is not permitted on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrimCr