RMMV Final Fantasy VII - Rise of Shinra

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Meh, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Meh

Meh Villager Member

First Language:
    Meep
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FF7 Rise Of Shinra Title SSick.png
    What is Rise of Shinra and who are we?
    Rise of Shinra - Is a Final Fantasy VII Fan Game created by 2 friends who want to create something special from the love they share of the FF& universe. This game has been underdevelopment for over a year now with a lot and I mean a lot of custom graphics and a completely original story that we hope others will enjoy to.

Synopsis
    Rain and Franz are two brothers, that are like chalk and cheese, one is big and strong the other small and nerdy.
    Franz has worked at the Shinra corporation for a couple of years now, and Rain is just starting as a Solider.
    They are both sent to investigate the reasons why the Lifestream is rising.
    Shinra is still mistrusted by the majority of people, despite them doing a complete 360 on their world view, now trying to focus on helping not only to restore the world, but also by helping it's people, with humanitarian efforts to help the people of the northern continent cope with life of the melting slopes.
    The WRO are the worlds leading military organisation headed by the heroes of the Jenova and Omega wars. The world has seen 14 years of peace under the WRO, but the events that lead to the destruction of the barrier 17 years ago didn't just give the old heroes access into the northern crater, but it also released Jenova from her bond that the Cetra held over her for a 1000 years. She now brews under the surface gaining in power and influence.

We have completed maps and story for most of the demo, which includes places such as Mideel, Shinra's HQ, Nibelheim, Mt. Nibel and more.

What to Expect from Future Development
    We hope to have the first demo released by Christmas '17, if not shortly after the new year.
    If anyone would like more information about what plugins we are using, or how we have evented a certain scene, or if your interested in other technical aspects of designing a game from the creation of a story to using GDL's I'm more than happy to answer any questions via this thread.

All images and movies are created from scratch by @SoSick.
    threadros1.PNG threadros2.PNG threadros3.PNG threadros4.PNG threadros5.PNG threadros7.PNG

Below is a link to @SoSick's youtube channel that has a few updates of tests and upcoming game plays.
    RPG Maker MV - FF7 Rise Of Shinra - CHEST & ARROWS CHECK.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for putting the thread together pal! Gradually will be adding more to it in near future!

After starting this project little over a year ago just messing about, around 4 months ago the project got very serious, with the help of meh ( silly name haha ) the story is more realistic and professional.. And with my mapping skills improving with every map I do, I feel we have really captured the ff7 feel..I can't wait to share the demo with everyone in early 2018! Thankyou

msazako and Frogboy like this.
  3. Adam1013

Adam1013 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah man I got excited! Thought the demo was posted T.T lol

SoSick. likes this.
  4. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Apologies @Adam1013 ;p ull know when the demo will be posted! Least there's a thread now ;) Wanted to let everyone know about RoS first and try build some hype lol.

5. Adam1013

Adam1013 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey man, the hype is all real over here

6. Gamefall Team

Gamefall Team Nebula Games Leader Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finally! I was waiting for this!
    Amazing work with the graphic, I love the details :kaopride:
    I'm looking for the demo!

SoSick. likes this.
  7. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Gamefall Team haha :) thanks dude! Not even touched the surface with the thread at the moment. And thanks for support and plugins ( which you will be credited )

Gamefall Team likes this.
  8. Gamefall Team

Gamefall Team Nebula Games Leader Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @SoSick No problem dude!
    I was a lot busy these months among studies and commission that I hadn't any time to update the old FF7 plugins and distribute the other ones!
    Happy to know that you're working hard on this :kaojoy:
    Good luck!

9. Meh

Meh Villager Member

First Language:
    Meep
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

You're welcome bro, but what cheek calling my name silly, especially considering your "SooooooSick" Bwa ha ha.
    Our silly names aside, I do feel we are a good team and are getting close to capturing the soul of FF7.​

Gamefall Team and Adam1013 like this.
  10. Leanne

Leanne Nyan Master Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OMGeeeeeh~! \(*O*)/
    It's here~!!! :kaojoy:
    It's lookin' so beautiful~!:kaoluv:

Meh and Adam1013 like this.
  11. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks promising~
    I'll keep an eye on this.

SoSick. and Meh like this.
  12. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    As an FF fan, this really had me hook! Can't wait to see the world of FF7 come to life in RPG maker again! Looks really cool!

SoSick. and Meh like this.
  13. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thanks for your kind messages! will be sure to update the thread again real soon! with some new screenshot's and info like the new materia and card battle system ( over 150 cards so far of all the monsters in ff7! collect, trade and battle npc's! ) stay tuned guys and girls! B):rock-right:

Starmage, Meh, Leanne and 1 other person like this.
  14. Meh

Meh Villager Member

First Language:
    Meep
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, thank you very much. It gives us great encouragement to carry on. Things are getting real, fast. Story is pretty big already and I hope to of captured the essence of FF7, but in a whole new light being 17 years later from meteor fall.

Starmage likes this.
  15. breakout

breakout Villager Member

First Language:
    Deutsch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wow, this game looks really good, I like the modern atmosphere and graphics a lot!
    may I ask, if you used some modern tilesets for your game? and these character sprites in the video are from @hiddenone and @Candacis, right? do you combine parts of these sprites in gimp/ photoshop?
    I am planning to make a game in a modern world like this too, happy for any advice before starting :)

16. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey @breakout thanks bro, i did once use hiddenone and candacis character sprites, from top of my head i'm pretty sure i used candacis arms, but edited them abit..ill check when im home! pretty much use RTP stuff for most maps and make stuff along the way! i really should start maybe posting some resources for everyone to use :LZYsmile: if you need feedback or advice feel free to msg me.

now polishing Nieblehiem and adding all the little animations/details etc! here's a little pic! minus the door :LZYyum: and overlays
    Capture.PNG
    feedback welcome of course!

atoms likes this.
  17. Aevenor

Aevenor Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Hi, i follow your project since your first videos about it on YouTube. First of all, congratulations for all the work that you have done, you really recreate the FF7 atmosphere in the Rpg maker engine.
    But there is a negative point, when will a demo version be available ? I know that game making is really time consuming but your project is really interesting and you announced a lot of times that a demo will come out soon...

atoms and SoSick. like this.
  18. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! Thanks for following my project @Aevenor I apologise for all of the delay’s! I have never stopped working on this project.. it’s coming along very nicely! I’ll upload some new YouTube videos for you soon! To show off some things..demo, aiming for end of may- June time! :)

atoms likes this.
  19. Aevenor

Aevenor Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Thank you for your answer @SoSick.
    I'm Looking forward for your new videos and the demo !

SoSick. likes this.
  20. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just in case it's any use to you - if you find my thread in the assets folder, I created a window skin for MV which is pretty close to the FFVII default. You can feel free to use it if you want, even if this is commercial. Might save you an hour.