Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
We may see a sequel to Final Fantasy X-2 but the question is will it include the novel and drama X-Will. From the drama we see Yuna reverting to being a summoner again and praying continually. Tidus and Yuna are not totally together and live in separate areas. Yuna living Besaid and Tidus in Bevelle. Sin has somehow magically returned and we have two new characters. One that may a daughter to Auron. It ends with the original cast going off to battle Sin again. I wanted to ask here though. If there is a sequel, what would you like to see?

For me I am okay with using the drama. It is kind of weird Yuna reverting to a priestess again and Yuna and Tidus apart but relationships do go thru difficulties. However the FF-X2.5 novel is just ridiculous with Tidus dying kicking a blitz ball and then being brought back to life. So I would not want to see the novel stuff added. I am curious to see how Sin returned and who is responsible for it ; a new villain perhaps. Lots of possibilities. But I also want to see Yuna and Tidus married in the end and maybe start a family like Wakka and Lulu did.

What are you looking to see in a sequel?

See article below about the sequel possibilty.

https://www.vgr.com/square-enix-comments-on-the-possibility-of-final-fantasy-x-3/

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If there is a sequel, what would you like to see?
No more Sin...
It was already a pain before, not this again!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
TBH as much as I liked X/X-2, I feel like an X-3 will more likely just botch it.

But definitely, I prefer seeing Yuna as a summoner again. To me, she's always gonna be a summoner.

and please, no more Al-bhed language..

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm all for a new FF game as long as they make it feel like a Final Fantasy game. XV failed hard on that.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, please no. X2 massacred the story to X, and I'd hate to see how much a train wreck this one would make of it. Plus I'd be afraid that this time we'll have to play the game standing on our heads and speak in Al-Bhed a phrase into a microphone at the right moment to unlock the real ending or something after the garbage* they pulled off in X2 that you had to do to unlock the true ending.

*For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it was the fact that you had to push buttons in the middle of a cutscene to trigger the ending that I didn't like (specifically one in Chapter 3). And there was no prompt or anything, you just had to know to do it and what button to push, else you were locked out of the true ending.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
TBH, I hate all these "True Ending" idea.. Why cant they just let us see the actual ending after we finished the game? I mean these games are pretty much linear story-wise that it makes no sense to have a normal and a true ending. Especially if the method to get it is so hidden, you will not know it unless you read a walkthru or something

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TBH, I hate all these "True Ending" idea.. Why cant they just let us see the actual ending after we finished the game anyway? I mean these games are pretty much linear story-wise that it makes no sense to have a normal and a true ending.
I don't mind it personally. I liked the way Persona 5 handled that. NieR: Automata handles it in a really interesting way.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Yeah but in those games, its practically embedded into the flow in a way that what you do makes a logical path to the ending that you get.. then there are these games in which getting the true ending is a matter of doing random stuff, those are what I dont like.

Anyway, back to the topic, I realized Im actually torn between Yuna being a summoner again and being able to dress up Yuna via the Dress Sphere system..

Maybe a system where Yuna have different Summonner Forms would do, but I dont know if that will make sense gameplay-wise.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They do it to sell their strategy guides. How else would someone know to push those buttons. Thankfully we have gamers creating on-line strategy guides. Sad though I think they need to think more of the gamers then their wallets. Without us they would not exist.

@Engr. Adiktuzmiko : I absolutely loved the dress sphere system. Hope they don't bring back that awful sphere leveling system though. It got confusing after after you finished a certain path plus having to earn steps. I really think Yuna originally was forced to being a summoner but looking at X-2 battles with the Aeons, I think she missed being one and chose this path this time on her own.

OgreKiddo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, please no. X2 massacred the story to X, and I'd hate to see how much a train wreck this one would make of it. Plus I'd be afraid that this time we'll have to play the game standing on our heads and speak in Al-Bhed a phrase into a microphone at the right moment to unlock the real ending or something after the garbage* they pulled off in X2 that you had to do to unlock the true ending.

*For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it was the fact that you had to push buttons in the middle of a cutscene to trigger the ending that I didn't like (specifically one in Chapter 3). And there was no prompt or anything, you just had to know to do it and what button to push, else you were locked out of the true ending.
Fully agreed. X has one of the most beautiful narratives & worlds in the entire series, but X-2 aside from the ATB System was just...ugh. Cool moments, few great, some funny but overall a slog to get thru. Then again....I can never get enough Final Fantasy...yes I'm apart of the problem :-(

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would be fun to have the old team back together again. According to the article they said they would have to create X-3 so maybe the drama and novel will not be included. I liked X-1 story a lot and I have not finished X-2 but the story there is good and it's interesting hearing Yuna narrate. I find the story too grabs you at a certain point. It takes a while to get started though. I am excited to see how it plays out from Chapter 4. Also though off topic it would be nice to FF6 get the FF4 treatment with vocals and story. That one was my favorite of all Final Fantasy games. The remake though was not much compared to what they did with FF4 and what they are doing to FF7.

CountofArath

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes things are good because they end.
Anyway the longer a series persists in the same world constantly under threat the more I tend to want to side with the "destroy the world" villains.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't believe O'aka summoned Sin so he could boost item prices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dear RegantCorp.
Your game Bubble Burst $tory sucks! I won't spend 10$ on a skin that looks exactly the same! And now I have Up on the Housetop stuck in my head, and it's not even close to Christmas! Curse you, RegantCorp!
Signed,
Tantan.
HaneHaeterun wrote on PathosFear's profile.
Do you have a link for the time-travelling VN (I assume it's a VN)...? The banner is "disgustingly adorable" and I want in!
I have to rewrite the Kitty Pride presentation. Too much has changed.
My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moley