Final Fantasy X style battle system -MV

hurley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there I have searched around and was unable to find a solution to my problem but I was wondering if it was possible to do a battle system like Final Fantasy X. You have around 8 or 9 party members but only 3 can be in battle at any given time. However you can switch them out during the battle as well. 

If if this is possible, does anyone know of a script or script(s) that could possibly make this happen? I am sorry if this was the wrong place for this. Thank you for any advice or help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly's CTB Battle System is the best...you can go to yanfly.moe to find it or search the forums. He usually updates there and here; also, I'm assuming you're referring to RPGMAKER MV because it's your primarily uses. Also, he also has a party extension plugin which you can find on his website as well. 

hurley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow thank you Solis that is going to be perfect for the timeline thing, however I Was still wondering if there was a way to switch party members in and out of battle.

Shurutsue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
you could also add the Party system

Also, he also has a party extension plugin which you can find on his website as well. 
which would allow you to change the maximum amount of party members as well as the maximum battle members.
With both, the Battle Engine Core and the Party System you're also able to enable party switching in mid-battle (if i am not mistaken).

hurley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you could also add the Party system

which would allow you to change the maximum amount of party members as well as the maximum battle members.
With both, the Battle Engine Core and the Party System you're also able to enable party switching in mid-battle (if i am not mistaken).

Oh yes it certainly does the trick and it's a great script (it basically gives you the "formation" option during battle. ) however I was looking for a way to allow party members to switch out of battle one at a time, rather than the entire party all in one swoop. Ive read over the plugins "help" feature and I can't find the option to change or edit this. I also 

refered back to the plugins website but no one mentions it. I really appreciate everyone's help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...
There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosephTucker