Final Quest - A disciple's journey

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Indrah, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Ulrika, a veteran warrior, and her disciple Ernest venture out into the wilderness to train. With Ulrika refusing to give any details about the nature of their quest, Ernest is left to advance blindly with dubious motives.

-Roughly an hour of gameplay.
    -Recover fully and restock items after each encounter.
    -Three skill trees per character.
    -Two unique party members with different playstyles.
    -Humorous storyline.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game was made in less than a week for “An RM venture” contest in February 2014.

​
     ​
    Troubleshooting:

Due to an bludner on our side, the RTP may be required. To fix, please follow this (we're reuploading right now)
    Go into the game folder and open Game.ini with the notepad. it should say:

RTP=RPGVXAce
    Library=System\RGSS301.dll
    Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
    Title=Final Quest - The disciple's journey

Change it into:

In short, remove the line RTP=RPGVXAXE

That should fix any RTP requirement problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Alternatively, download the Game.ini here and place it on the game folder, overwritting the old version: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1z1vg23fe0zkqn0/Game.ini

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Black Vodka

Black Vodka Culturally Omnipresent Member

Looks really good. I'll download this tomorrow. I think I could really learn from your mapping.

3. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    YES! YES!

Ulrika as the main character!

But I can't play it right now...I'm too focused on some serious bear-punching.

I will gladly play the hell out of this gorgeous thing tomorrow.

Susan likes this.
  4. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
       Man Indrah, I don't know how you and Fomar do it. Made in a week, I'm seriously doubting the game I've committed to making in a month is going to be finished in time and you go and create a clever and fun game in a week, I envy ya'll for your discipline. Since I stumbled across this during an uninspired bout of insomnia I actually beat it in one sitting (really, really rare for me, even with short games.) I love the generational angle, it's brilliant. 

Something I noticed that I'm not sure whether it's an error or if I just don't understand how the skills are supposed to work:

Ernest's two healing passives that are supposed to heal him and Ulrika each turn seemed very fickle. They would never activate during the first turn of combat which kind of made me think they weren't working at all until I came across the first boss. Then I began to notice that they do work but it seemed random after that. Some turns they would kick in and others they would go several turns without activating, which was never a problem gameplay-wise really but it was weird since I switched to healer first off specifically to get those abilities.

Salamander was also really powerful, one-shoting pretty much anything that wasn't a boss and taking out all but the last boss in 2 hits (with other stuff in between, but probably 65-75% of the damage could be attributed to the two times using Salamander.) 

The dialogue was fairly witty and entertaining, my favorite parts were at the wishing-well and trying to "punt" the plant girl and cow. Also the reference to PB's was pretty funny as well. (Between those two games Ulrika is probably going to go down as the most famous rtp character if someone doesn't start characterizing some of the others soon.) Really fun little game to have been made in a week overall, you two are pretty amazing.

5. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just finished it, very well done. I like how you did the skill trees! The ogre was rough and I felt accomplished when I was able to kill one.

I thoroughly enjoyed the dialog, especially the fountain scene.

Maps were nice and tight, too. Well done. I give you an A+!

Spoilers:

I did notice that the item that is supposed to reduce MHP by 20% each turn didn't seem to work. I had it on Ernest, who would gain 10% to help negate the cost, but regardless, I lost no life.

6. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh yeah! I'm going to have to play and beat it myself because the PB reference wasn't in Rach's copy!!

Anyway, I can say nothing of the gameplay since so far I've only watched the game be played, but I can say that the story and characters are both wonderful and adorable. (and that Ulrika is an absolutely perfect woman <3 )

Fomar0153 likes this.
  7. Chaneque

Chaneque Prince of Strange Things Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Love it! You deserve plenty of sleep after this :p It's a wonderful game for one created in such a short time.

8. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ina  week, pshh yeah. More like in a 2-3 days on each of our sides pshaw *flex*. Who puts a week into this sheep, I'm too busy, the entire eventing was done yesterday from evening to SUNRISE BITE ME cute. (also hey good morn, I jsut woke up totally refreshed after a mere 5 hours wtf).

Also updated download with a couple minor fixes, among them reducing the encounter rate and fixing up the ogre).

@Maki: What can I say, I like my game women badass and strong and without a single f*ck to give. *-*

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  9. Hirei

Hirei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I really enjoyed the dialogue as always, Indrah ;w;

You and Fomar are amazing putting this out within a 2-3 days! The only issue I had was that I was strangely dying if I put on Dragon's Power and walking on maps. A red flash would come up and the person who equipped it was losing health.

10. Fomar0153

Fomar0153 All wrapped up for winter. Restaff

First Language:
    English
    After Hirei tested I stopped HP loss on the map but at the same time broke it in battle as well. It should be fixed now.

I might have done something silly with the events that deal with the passive heals I'll have a look before we put out another version.

Glad you're all enjoying it and thanks for letting us know!

Hirei likes this.
  11. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Due to an bludner on our side, the RTP may be required. To fix, please follow this:

Go into the game folder and open Game.ini with the notepad. it should say:

RTP=RPGVXAce

Change it into:

That should fix any RTP requirement problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Alternatively, download the Game.ini here and place it on the game folder, overwritting the old version: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1z1vg23fe0zkqn0/Game.ini

12. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I finally found some spare time to play this:

Took me around 25 minutes to finish the whole thing.

What can I say? It was short and sweet, the characters and the dialogues are very nice and the gameplay is solid.

About Ulrika:

OMG Ulrika...she's a very lovely woman after all...I have nothing more to say. *_*

About the Storyline:

The ending was surprising (I admit I wasn't expecting that turn of events), very nice.

About the Humor:

It was awesome, I especially enjoyed the final conversation with the Demon Lord...ahah nice stuff (although I already predicted something because Scinaya accidentally spoilered it in that stream). XD

About the Gameplay and Balance:

I used the Healer Skill Tree for Ernest and the Juggernaut for Ulrika.

The whole strategy was to use Ernest to heal Ulrika in every battle, while poisoning the enemies, when he had the chance to do it.

I also boosted his magical power with the mods.

Ulrika obviously was the tank (with ATK boosted), as she was supposed to be.

Overall, it was easy\normal (the Lamia was a bit tougher than all the other enemies but nothing too big) and the battle with the final boss was challenging enough (not hard, just long), which is good, so I think there's nothing to complain about the balance, it's pretty good.

Fomar did a good job.

Oh and...

+1 for Hirei's awesome portraits

+1 for the nice mapping

+1 for the Punch Bears Reference

It's my kind of game, because it's short, fun, and has Ulrika in it.

Great job guys.

I admire you and your work, you're both amazing for being able to accomplish all this in only 2-3 days.

I hope you'll win the contest, you deserve it.

Susan, Hirei and Fomar0153 like this.